Rush and the Broken People

GedsJeans

Due to my life experiences and age, I tend to view Rush fans as people who are always seeking more out of life (in constructive ways, not crack cocaine party 48 hour hotel room destroying bender ways...)

The music definitely got me away from accepting the terrible things happening around me (drug addicted relatives, getting pregnant as a teen, staying in poverty.) I was seeking a life of a higher standard and the music was one pathway to it.

• Like 2

Just to remember Wendy (GedsJeans) who died two years ago some time in August.

:rose:

Thank you for posting this. When I commented on this thread earlier I didn't realize OP had passed away.

In a few days I'll be mourning the death of a longtime friend who died young, and was really too smart for this world (I say that in a loving, soulful way.)

I know his spirit is at peace. I meditated on him after many months of mourning, just randomly breaking into tears at any reminder of him. I dreamed of him & the dream seemed to tell me, He is where he wants to be.

My advice to all about life and living is- "be glad Life happened, not that it ended."

• Like 4

RIP our dear beloved GeddyJeans!!! We miss you....and think of you always and forever!!

• Like 2

My advice to all about life and living is- "be glad Life happened, not that it ended."

:goodone:

I wonder whatever happened to GedsJeans? I wrote to her a few times and she never answered. I know she wrote here in one post that she was/is a borderline personality. Hope she is alright. This thread will already be three years old in a few short days. I think it was a Saturday that she came here and started this thread.

If you are reading this GJ, thinking of and truly hoping all is well with you. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I'm alive. It was someone else in the thread who'd written that they were borderline personality. I have PTSD and struggled with depression and cutting. I'm still trundling along, but Rush's retirement hit me really hard. The 3 of them deserve a wonderful, happy, relaxing retirement, though, and I hope they enjoy every moment of it. They are my angels.

I'm sorry for not being able to respond to the many messages people sent me over the years. I got overwhelmed with trying to be a supportive friend to dozens of people at the same time who were all sharing their life stories with me. It wasn't that I didn't care; it was that I cared TOO much and felt terrible when I wasn't able to give everyone the attention and responses they deserved... so I sort of disappeared in shame and stopped signing into my account. :facepalm:

I saw Rush front-row 3 times before their retirement over the last handful of years. One time I was right in front of Alex's mic and he smiled down at me and made extended eye contact a number of times. To him, I was just another chick in the front row enjoying the music. He had no idea - and will never know - that he is literally the beat of my heart.

Rereading this thread this morning made me cry my eyes out. I truly hope you're all well and that your lives are full of love, peace, happiness and, of course, :Neil: :Alex: :geddy:

With tons and tons of love,

GedsJeans

Wendy, I'm almost glad you aren't here for this. You could never have borne it, my friend. Rest in peace. :rose:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4