Massive Front-row Photo Gallery from Atlantic City

Jag2112

In the thirty years of seeing Rush, I've never had front row seats.

Until last night in Atlantic City. To commemorate the occasion, I snapped off one or two (hundred) pics for your viewing pleasure...

http://cygnus-x1.net...-05.11.2013.php

Enjoy-

Thanks so much for posting these! And congrats on the front row!

The guys really did seem to be enjoying themselves more then usual last night. I think part of it might have been the crowd reactions. I saw many people, much more then ususal, singing along to all the songs, old and new. The crowd was so good. There was a kid a few rows behind me singing along to the new material. That is good.

Another thing I noticed was that Geddy was really trying to reach the max with his vocals. He semed to add some extra notes here and there.

Absolutely amazing show.

I was 2nd row Geddy side but off to the side, so your view was definitely better then mine. Thanks again for posting the pics!

Edited by NaturalScientist75
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing! These are awesome pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time at the show, and I like your story about Alex. It sounds like the boys (and love them being referred to as 'boys'! :D) are having a great time, and that's such an awesome thing to see. I hope they don't get road-worn by the time they get to Vancouver at the end of July!

And I love the red of Geddy's shirt! Also, photo number 0142 looks like Geddy was looking at you... or almost! :)

Oh, and may I ask what kind of camera you were using? I'd like to invest in something better than what I have so I can try to take some good photos in Vancouver......

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing! These are awesome pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time at the show, and I like your story about Alex. It sounds like the boys (and love them being referred to as 'boys'! :D) are having a great time, and that's such an awesome thing to see. I hope they don't get road-worn by the time they get to Vancouver at the end of July!

And I love the red of Geddy's shirt! Also, photo number 0142 looks like Geddy was looking at you... or almost! :)

Oh, and may I ask what kind of camera you were using? I'd like to invest in something better than what I have so I can try to take some good photos in Vancouver......

I noticed that too. You can actually see his eyes through the shades. Definitely a nice camera!

Great photos! I think you may have gotten me in that shot of the folks in the audience. It sure looks like me from the side, and I was one row behind you, one seat from the aisle closer to the center, so that looks about right judging from where your view seems to be from. It's frustrating that Neil's face is obstructed in so many shots, but there are some gems in there. Your camera takes amazing close ups. That's the failure of my cell phone, especially when the lighting is so complex. Zoom too far in and it hardly ever can focus sharply.

Until last night in Atlantic City. To commemorate the occasion, I snapped off one or two (hundred) pics for your viewing pleasure...

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/concert-atlantic-city-05.11.2013.php

Enjoy-

What great pics! Thanks for sharing! :ebert:

Who's the guy holding the NJ card in pic 3? :)

http://cygnus-x1.net...-05.11.2013.php

Enjoy-

What great pics! Thanks for sharing! :ebert:

Who's the guy holding the NJ card in pic 3? :)

First I thought it was Gerry Hilera from the string ensemble but I could be totally wrong.

Thanks all - I'm glad you like the pictures.

The camera I used was a Nikon Coolpix S9400 with an 18x Optical Zoom. For a small pocket camera, it packs quite a punch :)

And yes - that was indeed Gerry who posed with my YYZ license plate. He stopped by a little pre-show gathering we were having. I spoke to him for a few minutes -- incredibly nice guy who seemed to be really enjoying the tour...

On a final note, with the same camera, I took a short video of Neil's brief drum solo. You can check it out here:

Enjoy-

Awesome pics and congrats on front row. That's got to be an unbelievable feeling. That video is great too. You were just in the perfect spot. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Gerry seems to be having the time of his life. He's clearly visible out in the crowd in one of the show photos from Baltimore in the rushbackstageclub.com store, and it's from before the encore, so he must've really ran right out there when he got offstage. Still wearing his onstage clothes. Sweet to see him in that shot loving the show after so many nights already under his belt. He's seen more Rush shows in a year than I've seen in 31 years. AC was number 20 for me.
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for posting these AWESOME pics here!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :ebert: :clap: :cheerleader: And I LOVE 'Ged in red'!!!!!!!!! :wub: :ebert: ;) :P :heart:
  • Like 1

John, incredible pictures, and thanks for the little intro you wrote too.

Red is a good color for the Geds, and I'm glad he didn't misplace his stage shoes.

They all looked so happy. Could be because they knew they had a ten day break coming before heading over the ocean.

Edited by Lorraine

GREAT pictures! :yes: Is it just ME, or dose the stage look quite SMALL in those pics?? Especially since the lighting rig looks alot more "condensed" and lower than other pictures I have seen? That one triangle-shaped rig looks like it's EYE-LEVEL with the band, lol. Maybe it's just the angle that the pics were taken..?? Edited by ALifeson85

The stage was perhaps a little smaller than usual, but not much. If anything I'd say the front to back distance was just a hair less—Neil seemed a little closer to the front than in Baltimore, but I could be wrong. He had a lot less room to shoot tshirts, for sure. Hit the light scaffolding twice and got one shot through.