What is the furthest you have traveled for a RUSH show?

Perth, Western Australia to NYC June 29. 27 hr flight!

You might even have come farther than Different Strings - he's in Australia too - He was here in 08 I think for a whirlwind group of shows and a Pagscon.

Family vacation scheduled for Syracuse NYS fair 2010. Saw that Rush was playing the fair(Time Machine tour). So decided to grab a single 8th row, decent price. Wifey works for utility and a big storm came within a hundred miles and her company called a code red. She had to work storm duty. Family vacation canceled. She insisted I go up and see the show. Not as far as some who traveled to see Rush from Adam Scott's homeland, but I did ride the train alone eight hours to see Rush. Worth every minute!

Baton Rouge to Syracuse, Chicago and The Gorge by air. To The Woodlands and New Orleans by car. TMT

Baton Rouge to Alpharetta, Los Angeles-San Diego, Raleigh and Denver by air. To Houston by car. CWA

This trip needs the story too.

I saw Rush in San Jose CA 2012 Tour. My oldest son couldn't go with me since he was performing in his school musical. I was bummed he couldn't go but eventually hatched a plan. I had been wanting to see some family in Los Angeles and Avondale Az so I set it up to go to LA first, then drive with my son to Arizona to see my nephew for a night and see Rush. Needless to say it turned out to be a special trip.

• Like 1

I rode a motorcycle with no windshield from Edmonton to Toronto for a couple shows in 2010. It took 4 days to get there and it was the only reason I went.

I met a wide-eyed friendly hillbilly type guy outside the arena show who just rowed a boat across Lake Ontario for the show!! He couldn't get a ticket though I think because it was sold out and I remember he was Kinda broke. The guy looked crushed! I gave him my ticket because I scored a better one earlier off a fan for face value. I felt like I made his year! I ended up seeing him at intermission just hammered (more so than me!) and he buys me a shirt. Gotta love Rush concerts! :)

The shows were amazing! And I'm sure I got more bugs in my teeth on the ride home than on the way there! Lol

• Like 1

I rode a motorcycle with no windshield from Edmonton to Toronto for a couple shows in 2010. It took 4 days to get there and it was the only reason I went.

I met a wide-eyed friendly hillbilly type guy outside the arena show who just rowed a boat across Lake Ontario for the show!! He couldn't get a ticket though I think because it was sold out and I remember he was Kinda broke. The guy looked crushed! I gave him my ticket because I scored a better one earlier off a fan for face value. I felt like I made his year! I ended up seeing him at intermission just hammered (more so than me!) and he buys me a shirt. Gotta love Rush concerts! :)

The shows were amazing! And I'm sure I got more bugs in my teeth on the ride home than on the way there! Lol

That is awesome.

True story- I once got into a Grateful Dead show for the last $5.00 I had to my name...and I was still 200 miles from home, after having been traveling with some show buddies (or 'show family', as we call it in Dead-speak) for a couple of weeks.

You can imagine my thrill, after making it to the last shows of the tour that I planned to go to but not having a ticket to get in to the very last one, and scoring one in the lot for five bucks! That was at Deer Creek in Indianapolis, 1993.

• Like 1

Very cool! And what a nice guy.

Eww! Clearly, you need a full-face helmet!

8.5 hours from southeast Ohio to the Meadowlands. Presto Tour. My wife and I were raised in NJ but went to college in Ohio and were living on campus at the time. So we drove straight to show and then home to see relatives. The in laws never knew went to the concert first. They thought we drove straight home. Aahh to be young again.....

Ohio University?

Yes - Bobcat territory....

• Like 1

8.5 hours from southeast Ohio to the Meadowlands. Presto Tour. My wife and I were raised in NJ but went to college in Ohio and were living on campus at the time. So we drove straight to show and then home to see relatives. The in laws never knew went to the concert first. They thought we drove straight home. Aahh to be young again.....

Ohio University?

Both of my uncles graduated from there. :)

Ohio University?

My wife graduated from there in early 1990's and son is currently a student there. He was actually born tbere as well even though we live now and grew up on the east coast.

Ohio University?

My wife graduated from there in early 1990's and son is currently a student there. He was actually born tbere as well even though we live now and grew up on the east coast.

Southeast Ohio is a very pretty part of the country.

Very cool! And what a nice guy.

Eww! Clearly, you need a full-face helmet!

Thanks, and actually I close my mouth (Unless I can't help grinning lol)

• Like 1

My longest trip one-way was 24 hours and 2400km via motorcycle, from Edmonton, Alberta to Las Vegas in June 2011 for the Time Machine show at the MGM Grand. Another trip was about 14 hours and 1300km via motorcycle from Edmonton to Seattle in Aug. 2010 for the Time Machine show at White River. 5 hours and 500km via motorcycle from Edmonton to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Sept. 2012 for Clockwork Angels; then the same 500km back home to Edmonton for another CA show.

This summer may very well see me riding my Triumph motorcycle even further; road trip from Edmonton to Calgary for R41 show is already booked; may have to lengthen the journey West to hopefully include Vancouver, Seattle & Portland... and if I end up going that far, may as well just follow them for the last 5 shows of the tour, but time will tell!

Unfortunately, in all those previous km's I've never caught up with Neil on his motorcycle on the same road. :NP:

• Like 2

My longest trip one-way was 24 hours and 2400km via motorcycle, from Edmonton, Alberta to Las Vegas in June 2011 for the Time Machine show at the MGM Grand. Another trip was about 14 hours and 1300km via motorcycle from Edmonton to Seattle in Aug. 2010 for the Time Machine show at White River. 5 hours and 500km via motorcycle from Edmonton to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Sept. 2012 for Clockwork Angels; then the same 500km back home to Edmonton for another CA show.

This summer may very well see me riding my Triumph motorcycle even further; road trip from Edmonton to Calgary for R41 show is already booked; may have to lengthen the journey West to hopefully include Vancouver, Seattle & Portland... and if I end up going that far, may as well just follow them for the last 5 shows of the tour, but time will tell!

Unfortunately, in all those previous km's I've never caught up with Neil on his motorcycle on the same road. :NP:

Hey a fellow Edmontonian!

I just purchased my tickets today for Calgary and Van! I don't have a bike but I'm so pumped already! I went to a Vancouver show in 2011 I think it was..(?) and saw Neil's bus and trailer parked just inside the BC border. I pulled in not far from it but never saw anyone special.. I should've walked into the restraint that was there .. Or not. I think I chickened out because I was wearing a Rush shirt lol

By the way, it really should be "farthest." "What is the *farthest* you have traveled for a Rush show?" "Furthest" describes detail or depth, "farthest" describes distance.
  • Like 1