What is the furthest you have traveled for a RUSH show?

San Francisco to NY, two nights in a row at Radio City Music Hall back in 2004.

Worth every single penny.

A lot to digest here...

so, 145 shows as of right now....

living in northern New Jersey, many shows have been within a few hours drive, from New Hampshire and Boston, Connecticut down to Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina, west to Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Pennslyvania, north to upstate New York, Toronto, Quebec City, Ottawa, Montreal...

Here are a few major trips....in 1992, drove down to Florida and saw four florida shows in Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami and St. Petersburg...

in 2002, i drove to Toronto to visit a friend, rented a car there to save my old car and keep in mind the US dollar was really strong against the Canadian dollar back then...

I went from Toronto, to Pine Knob in Michigan for two shows, down to Nashville for the show at the defunct shed in Antioch, TN....then drove to Texas for three shows in Houston, San Antonio and Dallas....then drove back to Toronto, returned the rental car and drove my car back from Toronto to NJ....okay....yeah...that was a lot of driving and in retrospect not the smartest plan ever....

Here are a few better ones....first flying experience for rush in May 1997....flew into Portland, Oregon....saw the show at the Rose Garden in Portland....up to Seattle for a mariners game in the now gone Kingdome...up to Vancouver for a show at the arena there....then down to the Gorge in Washington State.....down to Idaho where I went whitewater rafting on the payette river.....show at Boise State University tiny arena, more like a big gym.....then onto Salt Lake City for my final show at the Delta Center...then drove to Vegas and Los Angeles just because and flew home out of LA to NJ....that was probably my favorite rush trip ever....

in 2002, I also flew to the west coast and saw five shows at Staples Center, Irvine, Chula Vista, Phoenix and Vegas....another really great trip....

last fall I flew into Dallas and saw the three texas shows in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston....

and most recently I just did six shows in a row, driving from NJ to Nashville, then doing the Raleigh, Virginia Beach and Baltimore shows, driving home to NJ and then going to Mohegan Sun and Atlantic City, which were fairly easy drives the day of show and back....

coming up this summer planning on Hershey, Saratoga and Jones Beach.....a long long drive for two shows in Halifax and then doing the last three shows for sure in Salt Lake City, Denver and Kansas City, but thinking of adding on Portland and Vancouver right before that and doing one long trip....

Edited by nhlrush

Flew from London Gatwick to Toronto for the concert at ACC in October last year, then took the train to Ottawa to see friends, then drove to Montreal with them for the show at the Bell Centre. Following day flew back to Toronto and transferred onto a flight back to London.

Phew!

I've done these trips so far to see Rush.

London-Las Vegas 2008

London-Pittsburgh/Indianapolis 2012

London- Houston 2012

Will be doing

London- Salt Lake City/Denver this coming July.

Also seeing them actually in London next week, but thats only an hour from home !

Wow, some of the posts in this thread are amazing. Rush has incredibly dedicated fans. The travel industry is no doubt grateful!

I agree. I am amazed at how far some o you have traveled! Across continents and oceans. It says a lot about how great rush is that people will spend ten times the cost of a show to get to the show.

Also tells me I need a better job. More rush...

San Francisco to NY, two nights in a row at Radio City Music Hall back in 2004.

Worth every single penny.

Western Wisconsin to NYC to see the first show at Radio City Music Hall (2004). 1,000 miles and 1,000 dollars.....and I would do it again in a second. :haz: :haz: :haz:

• I drove from Memphis to Dallas for a front row ticket. Drove straight back after the show. Did the same from Memphis to Atlanta. Also flew to Minneapolis/St Paul from Memphis. I have made the same trip to Chicago several times to see them as well. My longest road trip might be from Memphis to Chicago to Aimes Iowa and back. My Nissa Xterra has quit a few "RUSH MILES" on it.

Wow, some of the posts in this thread are amazing. Rush has incredibly dedicated fans. The travel industry is no doubt grateful!

I agree. I am amazed at how far some o you have traveled! Across continents and oceans. It says a lot about how great rush is that people will spend ten times the cost of a show to get to the show.

Also tells me I need a better job. More rush...

I will let you into my travel secret -get a job with an Airline - Free travel ! Edited by jesterhud
  • Like 1

Frankfurt to Houston 1996 (3 shows San Antonio, Dallas, Houston)

Frankfurt to Toronto 1997 (3 shows Montreal, Toronto x2)

Frankfurt to Chicago 2010 (3 shows Chicago, Omaha, St. Paul)

Shorter trips: Glasgow, Dublin, Manchester, London, Rotterdam...

• Like 1

I live in Hershey, PA (used to live in Middletown (Dreams) PA)(yeah,the song's about me) Anyway....I've been to Philly, Baltimore, Scranton, Allentown and Hershey...no need to go any further as long as they are close enough for one stop on any given tour these days! How much longer will it last....if they annouce the "last show" and it's not across the pond...I MIGHT be persuaded to get my fat butt there!

6,700 miles, New Zealand to USA (Las Vegas), 2012 (took 32 years to finally be able to see them... best concert experience of my life!)

Apparently, you beat me by 63 miles [Osaka to Toronto]. Good on you for making it all the way over there for that 1st Rush gig!!

850 kilometers / ~ 660 miles from Denmark to Amsterdam, Holland by car.

When I see how far some of you have travelled to a Rush show (and how many), it really is a testament to how speciel the relation between the band and fans is. Makes me proud to be a part of!

All in all (30 years of traveling to see Rush) 62.013 km (38.533 miles) beeline.
  • Like 1

Dude you deserve a special award from the band...no joke!

Dude you deserve a special award from the band...no joke!

Thanks man. I do accept, :D but I think there are a lot of guys here traveling to more shows than I have. Think of the folks who have seen them more than a hundred times. That's really something.

Edited by greyfriar

I'll tell you the shortest distance I've travelled.....5.7 miles last Friday to the O2 in London!

I was wondering if anyone lived closer to a venue where they've seen the band than I do to Sleep Country Amphitheater in Ridgefiled, Washington. I now know the answer is 'yes' because I live 9.4 miles from that venue. :notworthy:

Anyone closer than 5.7 miles? (be honest!!)

Impressive. Most impressive. Some of you have traveled so far. NZ. 6500 miles. Many trips across the oceans. Hempspheres. And everyone seems to say it was worth it. No matter how far they have traveled. And no matter what the cost. Not many bands have fans like that. Keep it up people! If they play it, we will come....

St. Louis to London, then seen Roger Hodgson the next night at the Royal Albert Hall front row. Both amazing shows! Going back in April 2016 to see Roger again at the same venue. Met a great group of people from all over the world at a local bar close the the Hall, was an amazing weekend.