How many Rush shows have you been to?

I wouldn't say by going to see, and hear Rush, live in concert in person twenty-eight times is considered soft core. Roll, and Yyz, the same question to the both of you. Do the both of you remember, where the both of you saw them perform live in concert in person?
  • Like 1

I saw them six times, from R30 to R40. Saw each tour once, and I think it was the Time Machine tour where I saw them twice. The best was the Time Machine tour show at Jones Beach, NY.
  • Like 1

31 and counting. Someone get Van Squalen to confirm.

Same here, Gabe, exactly 31! :cheers:

From Eppelheim 1983 to Los Angeles 2015!!!

First was PW tour Leeds Queenshall ( no longer there )

R30 Birmingham

Sheffield Arena- Snakes and Arrows + C Angels.

I saw them 10 times. List below.

It definitely makes me sad that I will never see 'RUSH' again, but I'm still holding out hope for the Lee/Lifeson Project or something of that sort.

Whether they play Rush tunes or not, I would just love to see Geddy and Alex play some more music together.

• Like 1

Does it count if you leave early? I left MSG in '07 during Distant Early Warning to catch a train. I left Time Machine at Mohegan Sun before the encore because the encore sucked, and I left Saratoga during Clockwork to beat the traffic. I had already seen a full show elsewhere on those tours.

Nine. All seven 'An Evening With Rush' tours from T4E to R40, including the S&A and CA second leg tours which makes nine. The crazy thing is I've been a Rush fan since '84 (11 yrs old then) and started going to concerts in '86, but managed to never see them until '97. I even had people offer me a ticket for the HYF and CP tours including a ride and somehow passed...WTF? Rush was one of my favorite bands until I saw them for the first time on T4E, which they then became my all time favorite; I quickly picked up the few CDs I had never owned or hadn't heard since my tape or vinyl days.

The best of those nine shows? They were all amazing obviously, but when I saw them on the final show of the CA Tour in Kansas City, they were on fire and utterly perfect. Everyone leaving were freaking out how insanely good it was. Paul Rudd (one of many KC native comedian actors) came out and directed the CA Orchestra for one of the songs...with his pants partly down showing his plumbers crack--the orchestra was trying not to loose it. Usually at the end of a tour a lot of bands start dialing it in, even cutting out some songs, but not The Boys.

• Like 1

Unfortunately only four. I did see the last one though in 2015. Big gap between shows and I don't have a good reason for it. I saw them for the first time in 87 then not again until 2007 then the next year in 08 then in 15 for the last time. I plan on getting all the dvds at some point though. "Though it's just a memory some memories last forever."

60 since 1984!

Should have been 62.

My parents made me eat my Rush ticket and go to my stupid Senior Ball. All of my Safeway Rush buddies were 21. They had a pony keg and a BBQ for Cal Expo in Sac. Power Windows Tour. The show was on May 24th so I thought they were going to do "Lakeside Park." They didn't but I was so pissed off. My date was a bust!

Then again on the S&A Tour. I came down with the plucking chicken pox and I had to cancel my LA trip for a gig.

It's life! I'll take it!

RUSH ON!

• Like 2

With some background info...

Signals (as an elementary school 5th grader, was already a big time fan)

Presto (senior year high school)

Bones (college years)

Counterparts (college years)

Snakes x 2 (flew halfway across the planet to Toronto)

= 6

You saw "Signals" Tour? You lucky bastard. RUSH skipped the Bay Area on that Tour because they fought with Bill Graham about seating. RUSH wanted seats on the floor. Bill wanted cattle standing.

Same thing happened here on the "Hold Your Fire" Tour. So RUSH skipped us again. That's two tours I missed thanks to Bill. RIP He is still a Legend. Did I ever tell you that I saw the Use Your Illusion Tour warm up gig at The Warfield in SF?

As I was walking down the aisle back to my seat I was holding a beer in each hand. This guy was walking very fast towards me. Head was down. Was wearing a long sleeve light blue collared shirt.

Before I could get out of the way, this guy walked into my right hand spilling a beer all over him. It was BILL GRAHAM! I said....."holy shit Bill sorry!" He looked at me and growled. lol

• Like 2

28. First show on the P/G tour, last one R40.

I really wanted to get to 30. Even more if that rumored residency at RCMH were to have taken place, I'd have flown back up to NYC for a few of those.

But that's the past. Oh well.