How many Rush shows have you been to?

I lost count. Mid 20s

My parents wouldn't let me go to a concert in Detroit when they came around with Hold Your Fire. But when Presto came - I saw them, and haven't missed a tour.

I've seen as many as 6 shows in a single tour - but it's not many compared to some people I know.

It's far more than others - so I can appreciate that as well.

• Like 1

Since R30, 12. Soon to be 14. f*ckin' A.

16. And over 15000 miles travelled.

I've done the same, with my other favourite band- show total was 49, though, over a period of 18 years.

As for Rush- eight shows, between 1990 and 2015. After the Counterparts tour, I had a long dry spell when Rush had fallen off my radar. No shows at all from 1994-2013. Picked up again with the Clockwork Angels tour.

• Like 1

3: R 30 & TM in West Palm Beach, and CA at BB&T. Wish I got into Rush earlier than I did, the concerts of the earlier days must have been a blast.

Five:

Power Windows tour, Jan.30, 1986: Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA.

Power Windows tour, May 24, 1986: Cal Expo, Sacramento, CA.

R30 tour, June 7, 2004: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI.

Snakes and Arrows Tour, Sep. 6, 2007: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI.

R40 tour, June 14, 2015: Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI.

Five:

Power Windows tour, Jan.30, 1986: Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA.

Power Windows tour, May 24, 1986: Cal Expo, Sacramento, CA.

R30 tour, June 7, 2004: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI.

Snakes and Arrows Tour, Sep. 6, 2007: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI.

R40 tour, June 14, 2015: Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI.

Did you used to live out here?

-- 1980 -- Moving Pictures -- Oakland, CA (will likely get flamed but I found it disappointing; this was first tour since 2112 that they did play all of 2112 ... just up to 'Temples', listening to medley shortened versions of tunes was frustrating, they did play everything on Moving Pictures which was awesome (except Witchhunt).

-- 1989 (?) -- Presto Tour -- Sacramento, CA (another disappointment; I was first row right in front of Geddy and could only hear his bass ... nothing else; I could barely tell what they were playing)

-- 1997 (?) -- Test For Echo (two times -- they came to San Jose, CA on two different tour legs -- nice!) -- Even though they were my favorite band that I learned to not see live based on my two bad experiences above, I decided to see them on this tour anyway. This was the first 'evening with Rush' tour concept with the extended duration, themed videos, intermission, etc. They were awesome, and this was the first tour since the 1979 'Permanent Waves' tour that they played 2112 in entirety. My mind was blown (hence seeing them a second time on this tour). After this I wanted to see them every chance I could.

-- I saw them on every tour after TFE -- On the Moving Pictures Time Machine Tour (2010/2011), I saw them three times (out of almost blind luck, really) in Cleveland, Pittburgh, and Phoenix.

Edited by 01GT Eibach
  • Like 1