Live 8 Day

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 2 2005, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 2 2005, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 2 2005, 04:16 PM)
Just got back left while Our Lady Peace was playing.

Anyone catch which Who tracks were performed?

How was Our Lady Peace? They are wicked! biggrin.gif trink38.gif

They played that one new track... left as they were playing sad.gif Friend from DA is gonna kick my ass.

I've seen them lots though.

Celine Dion got booed.

Cool!! Celine Dion got booed? LMAO ohmy.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 2 2005, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 2 2005, 03:54 PM)
Celine Dion got booed.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

She gets booed in Vegas poker1.gif too! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Really? LMAO

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 2 2005, 07:16 PM)
how can you say peter kay is annoying he is a british comic legend.

floyd wont tour again, you see how dave wouldnt go near roger at the end, roger had to coherse him over.

watch the tape, dave still hates roger.

smile.gif Aye, saw that, shame they can't forgive and forget after all this time, enjoyed the set though, tho Who were rockin' as well! just listening to Def Lep just now trink39.gif

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 2 2005, 07:16 PM)
how can you say peter kay is annoying he is a british comic legend.

floyd wont tour again, you see how dave wouldnt go near roger at the end, roger had to coherse him over.

watch the tape, dave still hates roger.

He was beyond annoying. He sure didn't demonstrate that he's an anything legend. He just succedded in annoying the hell outta me and my wife.

As for the Rog and Dave thing, yeah, Rog looked like he was having more of a good time than Dave was.

Bruce Cockburn remains an amazing guitarist.

I watched this tonight or at least the two hours that were on prime-time here in the States.

Highlights for me were Pink Floyd, Annie Lennox, and .... drum roll please, my favorite guilty pleasure - Destiny's Child.

I am head over heels in love with Beyonce Knowles. Gosh, she is beautiful. All three of those girls are talented, though. They are like a modern day Pointer Sisters. I usually don't go in for that kind of music, but those girls make me want to dance my silly little ass off if only I could dance without looking like a complete moron.

Oh, and Annie Lennox - she possesses perhaps the best set of pipes I ever heard. She floors me.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 2 2005, 10:24 PM)
Wow Green Day did an amazing job of "We are the Champions"

Yes, I agree.

Also, how audacious of Billie Joe Armstrong to wear those white armbands that said "Make Poverty History" on them. In Berlin of all places. I really thought that was a way cool way to turn the white armband into a positive thing.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 3 2005, 05:15 AM)
you wouldnt dare knock peter kay if you had seen phoenix nights, typical trans atlantic ignorance.

Personally, I think that Peter Kay is about as funny as Bobby Davro -

British comedy pretty muchdied with Eric Morcombe and Spike Milligan, leaving Billy Connolly to carry the flag.

By the way, I'm English

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 3 2005, 12:15 AM)
you wouldnt dare knock peter kay if you had seen phoenix nights, typical trans atlantic ignorance.

Well, it wouldn't be ignorance if they actually played it over here and we were exposed to it. But as it stands, as he chose to represent himself in front of a world audience, he came across as completely annoying and an idiot.

QUOTE (Lord Ghaleon @ Jul 3 2005, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 3 2005, 12:15 AM)

Well, it wouldn't be ignorance if they actually played it over here and we were exposed to it. But as it stands, as he chose to represent himself in front of a world audience, he came across as completely annoying and an idiot.

Peter Kay is a comedy genius - but I think his humour might not travel well, although I have to stick up for him - he wasn't trying to make a guy in the States laugh but the crowd in London.

Archived