Blargh Sabbath NEW ""13"" album, will you buy the "double" album soft-pack? Or the bare bones 8 track HARDON pack!??

treeduck

which version of the new BLARRGGH SABBATH  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which edition will you buy?

• I will buy the soft-pack deluxe double album, with extra tracks, I hope it's so,so so, soft too...
    • I will buy the regular, bare bones HARD AS MY COCK jewel case edtion, with 8 tracks
    • I'll buy none of this bogus bullshit!! I believe in the Sabbath of the 70's and 80's only!
    • I'll buy the Best Buy SUPER deluxe version, with extra tracks and extra-extra track that no one can get, except Best Buy turds
    • I'll buy the ULTRA deluxe vinyl, DVD, CD, DAT, etc edition you bet your best lavatory log I will!
    • I'll buy the vertical glow in the dark, amber shining gold embossed rich chump edition made of Ozzy's compacted pubic hair, scraped from the inside Sharon's nose while she was drugged to the gills on coke
    • I hate Sabbath and I always have, so obviously nothing for me thanks.
    • I'm a DIO fan, f**k Ozzy all his solo albums suck! So you know this will too!

It's out now.

Not linking. But it IS legal.

I'm on Damaged Soul.

Holy f**k. This WILL be THE metal release of the god damn year. Right now, it's ranking at SBS/Sabotage level. Seriously, it's that f***ing good.

Just finished listening to the entire thing.

I'm literally talking to my dad. And, I'm just.... I'm speechless.

I can't explain what i'm feeling.

This album, is a classic. There will be no need for a timetable, like Paranoid, or SBS. This album is an instant classic.

My feelings are....they're so conflicted. I can't believe that I just sat through 53 minutes of AWESOME new Black Sabbath.

I can't stop smiling, and i'm on the verge of literal tears.

18 years of patient waiting.

wtf is the soft pack

• Standard CD album

• Deluxe double CD album in a deluxe soft-pack (includes a second disc of exclusive bonus audio material)

• Vinyl: 12″ heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve

• Super Deluxe Box Set: limited edition 12″ clamshell box set which contains:

- Deluxe double CD album

The clamshell box is annointed with Sharon's clam and preserved in milk of magnesia resin...

It's streaming on Itunes.

Loner to me, has the weakest riff, actually. Only the actual verse NIBish riff, though.

GID is the worst song on the album.

Damaged Soul is the rawest they've sounded since Debut.

The ending Rain and Bells had me in awe.

Edited by D3strukt

Listened to it twice now. Excellent album. My standouts are End of the Beginning, Loner, Zeitgeist, and Damaged Soul.

Leaning towards a 9/10 at this point.

Edited by adace1

It's already on iTunes!

On my 2nd listen!!

f**k YA!!!

This may be my favourite Black Sabbath Album! :D

Can't wait for the show! 2 days after my birthday!!! :D

I have the three bonus tracks.

Methademic has been moved to the 1st song on the album, as it opens with an acoustic interlude thing, before smashing you in the face.

Yeah I just heard that one for the first time. Blew me away.

Methademic has been moved to the 1st song on the album, as it opens with an acoustic interlude thing, before smashing you in the face.

This is why you have to get your hands on the soft pack!

Might get that if I can afford it.

Might get that if I can afford it.

:cheers: :haz:

Listened to it twice now. Excellent album. My standouts are End of the Beginning, Loner, Zeitgeist, and Damaged Soul.

Leaning towards a 9/10 at this point.

Nice! Have a copy now and will be listening soon.

Soft pack deluxe edition? :o :unsure:

• Like 1

My initial thoughts.

I don't think I'll get many likes for this, but I'm gonna speak my mind nonetheless.

Iommi does a superb job every f***ing second of the album. The riffage, the touch, the control, the feeling... He's just at the top of his game. A true master.

So is Geezer.

But aside from this, the album is weak. In the opening track, I find myself imagining Bill Ward's crazy snare drums, his jazzy fills, in the "holes" that Tony leaves open... But no, it's just standard drumming. I miss Bill's "orchestra" (if you read Tony's bio you know what I'm talking about).

Ozzy sounds like a resurrected zombie. And the lyrics are the most bland, uninspired, boooooring words I've ever heard on a Sabbath record.

This is not a band effort. Not if, with "band", you mean individuals bringing a vision together that is greater than the sum of its parts. These are two terrific musicians bringing their best, a producer, a dummy with a big name, a good drummer in the wrong seat.

There isn't the Sabbath vision, the Sabbath philosophy, the Sabbath immersive aesthetics... You (or at least, I) cannot sink with your mind in this album, there's no landscape, no coherence: the guitar parts NEED those drums to come alive, the voice NEEDS that sincerity that is solely lacking, the lyrics NEED to go beyond the standard "80s metal crap lyrics".

I know the way, here, is to follow the hype. You WANT to like an album and every new album that comes out it's always "their best since", be them Kiss, Van Halen, Rush or The Invisible String Band.

Well, so far this album is quite disappointing to me.

Bring on the old hippies!!! :codger:

My initial thoughts.

I don't think I'll get many likes for this, but I'm gonna speak my mind nonetheless.

Iommi does a superb job every f***ing second of the album. The riffage, the touch, the control, the feeling... He's just at the top of his game. A true master.

So is Geezer.

But aside from this, the album is weak. In the opening track, I find myself imagining Bill Ward's crazy snare drums, his jazzy fills, in the "holes" that Tony leaves open... But no, it's just standard drumming. I miss Bill's "orchestra" (if you read Tony's bio you know what I'm talking about).

Ozzy sounds like a resurrected zombie. And the lyrics are the most bland, uninspired, boooooring words I've ever heard on a Sabbath record.

This is not a band effort. Not if, with "band", you mean individuals bringing a vision together that is greater than the sum of its parts. These are two terrific musicians bringing their best, a producer, a dummy with a big name, a good drummer in the wrong seat.

There isn't the Sabbath vision, the Sabbath philosophy, the Sabbath immersive aesthetics... You (or at least, I) cannot sink with your mind in this album, there's no landscape, no coherence: the guitar parts NEED those drums to come alive, the voice NEEDS that sincerity that is solely lacking, the lyrics NEED to go beyond the standard "80s metal crap lyrics".

I know the way, here, is to follow the hype. You WANT to like an album and every new album that comes out it's always "their best since", be them Kiss, Van Halen, Rush or The Invisible String Band.

Yeah but are you gonna buy the soft pack? :smoke:

• Like 1

My initial thoughts.

So is Geezer.

Yeah but are you gonna buy the soft pack? :smoke:

Only if it comes walking down to me, "with open arms / and open legs"!!!

My initial thoughts.

So is Geezer.

But aside from this, the album is weak. In the opening track, I find myself imagining Bill Ward's crazy snare drums, his jazzy fills, in the "holes" that Tony leaves open... But no, it's just standard drumming. I miss Bill's "orchestra" (if you read Tony's bio you know what I'm talking about)....

I have not heard the album yet (though I have heard several cuts), but having seen Sabbath live 4 times since they first reunited in late '98, I can tell you while they may miss Bill's drumming, the rest of us do too because he simply can't do that shit anymore. Too bad that he can't because when he was young he was really, really good. Now he's a very basic backbeat kind of drummer. When watching them the last 15 years I often found myself air drumming his "orchestra" as well as hearing them in my head while he was laying down a basic, boring backbeat. Sad IMO.

Oh, and I'm not surprised by your feelings on Iommi. Dude IS metal guitar personified. Fukking genius.

Edited by driventotheedge