Abe Vigoda is still alive!

Tom Sawyer

Betty White - 91

Ed Anser - 85

George Kennedy - 88

Jean Stapleton - 90

Don Rickles - 87 (On May 8th)

Abe Vigoda - The Godfather?

Hahahaha...no, from Barney Miller. That would be an interesting juxtaposition, though, to put Marlon Brando on Barney Miller, and Abe Vigoda in The Godfather.

• Like 1

Hahahaha...no, from Barney Miller. That would be an interesting juxtaposition, though, to put Marlon Brando on Barney Miller, and Abe Vigoda in The Godfather.

Abe Vigoda played Sal Tessio, the Godfather's caporegime in Brooklyn.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130405200329/godfather/images/e/ee/Vlcsnap-2010-07-09-18h26m01s25.png

Tessio was executed for betraying the Corleone family. Abe Vigoda, however, is still alive. ;)

I got a girl in the Castle and one in the pagoda

You know I got rhymes like Abe Vigoda

So was that line used by the Beasties just for the rhyme - or was there more to it?

I got a girl in the Castle and one in the pagoda

You know I got rhymes like Abe Vigoda

So was that line used by the Beasties just for the rhyme - or was there more to it?

As far as I know it was just for the rhyme. Listening to their music I think a lot of their lyrics were just for thw rhyme.

just and fyi, ...many of you are too young to remember but back in 1982 (I think) people mag refered to Abe Vigoda as dead, this caused a stir of comedy references. later on some years after he was again mistaken my some media reporter as being deceased.

Seems you can't kill Abe in print alone.

So it has been somewhat of a cultural "pun" to say, "Hey, Abe Vigoda... he really is still alive", I'm sure he gets a ribbing about it from time to time. Gotta love it!

Abe vigoda can be in more than one movie/show....

Abe Vigoda played Sal Tessio, the Godfather's caporegime in Brooklyn.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130405200329/godfather/images/e/ee/Vlcsnap-2010-07-09-18h26m01s25.png

Tessio was executed for betraying the Corleone family. Abe Vigoda, however, is still alive. ;)

I had to Google this guy tbh - it threw up The Godfather.