Sitting during Rush concert..A sin??

Manatee30444

And again, Un-Rush like. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.

Maybe it means that it is a selfish/thoughtless act...i.e. the exact opposite of what Rush fans ought to be due to Rush's philosophy of selflessness. Not sure really. I make up a ton of crap by the hour

• Like 1

I'd just forget it. I've never heard anyone use that term before. Wing seems to be for everyone sitting, but says it's okay to stand.. but not really. Who knows what the f**k he's rattling on about. Something about peoples not acting perfectly at shows. :huh:

• Like 1

I'd just forget it. I've never heard anyone use that term before. Wing seems to be for everyone sitting, but says it's okay to stand.. but not really. Who knows what the f**k he's rattling on about. Something about peoples not acting perfectly at shows. :huh:

Not really. But hey, all you'd have to do is read to figure it out. If you're too lazy to do that, then you will necessarily come to faulty conclusions, eh.

; )

Personally, I would never dream of asking anyone to sit down at a concert. It's a CONCERT, and it is to be expected, IMO. If I can't see, well, I shift so I can.

Most shows I go to, yes, I stand the whole time. I'm not going to stand for 3 straight hours, I will sit- but you better believe I will stand at random times throughout the show.

It's like my husband said- nowadays at rock shows, there are always "those people" that get all pissy and insist everyone sit because THEY can't see. It is a rock concert. That's ridiculous.

Again, you entirely miss the point.

Otherwise, someone recently brought up to me something related.

Suppose someone were holding a sign up in front of you for an extended period of time so that you couldn't see?

I'm sure you'd view that as a "violation" of ettiquette. Wouldn't you, or would you say that that's fine and they're perfectly within their rights?

Think it over, because there's a gnat's asshair of separation between the two.

Otherwise, I think it's pretty clear here, those taking your side of the debate clearly don't care about anyone else. Again, I find this to be tremendously un-Rush like.

I truly, truly never had an issue being behind "that" sort of person at a show. Never. They have a right to hold a sign up during a show. Again, I'll adjust how I'm standing so I can see. No biggie.

I have a right to stand at a rock concert. Not that hard to understand. I am there to rock out- I'm not an a**hole to those around me, I don't get trashed and yell at random people. I stand and dance/jam, which I DO have every right to do at a show. Just like anyone else.

I will never understand how some people have the mentality of "YOU CANNOT STAND DURING A CONCERT!!!!!!" that is just absurd.

And "un-Rush like"??? Really??? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN.

Again, you miss the entire point. I never took a position that says standing at a show is verboten.

Gotta read the entire thread honey.

Either way, I'm finished with this. People are what they are.

I am not missing any points. You simply do not like my replies because they do not jive with YOUR opinion, so you are choosing to tell me I keep missing some sort of point.

No, I answered the question, and every question you laid out on the table for me. Not my problem you don't like what I've said.

I have read the entire thread, and please don't call me honey. People who attempt to insult me and act all high and mighty do not have my permission to call me "honey". lol.

And now you're just backing down because "BOO. I DON'T LIKE THESE ANSWERS. WAAHHHH." Ok, let me know when you're mature enough to actually have a civil debate.

If you read all my points then you clearly have reading comprehension issues. I really don't know what to say at this point. You keep misrepresenting what really is the very obvious position that I maintain.

Maybe it means that it is a selfish/thoughtless act...i.e. the exact opposite of what Rush fans ought to be due to Rush's philosophy of selflessness. Not sure really. I make up a ton of crap by the hour

Yeah, real complex, isn't it. Yet, Einstein city here struggles to grasp that. And not that I didn't touch on that for the couple of people shrugging on it while insisting that they read it. LOL

Honestly...

Anyway, spot on!

I'm a sitter. I realize these are rock concerts and not Sunday matinees, and there will always be exciting points in a show when people stand and go mental (I do as well). I get that. But I also think people who pay to see a show have the right to an unobstructed view of the stage for the most part. When people stand (especially large people), folks behind them who are short or have problems standing for long periods of time are at a disadvantage. The biggest thing that irks me is when folks stand when everyone else around them are sitting. Call me wierd. I just think it's inconsiderate.

My general rule is - I stay seated if I can see. If folks in front of me stand and I can't see, then I stand as well. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

My general rule is - I stay seated if I can see. If folks in front of me stand and I can't see, then I stand as well. It's as simple as that.

Holy God, that is it. That's the rule. Concert courtesy, simply stated. :)

• Like 1

Not really. But hey, all you'd have to do is read to figure it out. If you're too lazy to do that, then you will necessarily come to faulty conclusions, eh.

; )

Well, maybe you have come to faulty conclusions,because I'd read the last page before I posted. That's what I got out of it. :LOL:

Yeah, real complex, isn't it. Yet, Einstein city here struggles to grasp that. And not that I didn't touch on that for the couple of people shrugging on it while insisting that they read it. LOL

Honestly...

Anyway, spot on!

And I suggest you be respectful to the beautiful and the wise. Pardner.

Geddycorn here..I went to see Rush last night in Orlando and again was amazed by my favorite band since I was in Junior high..(35 now!) and was in Heaven the whole time.. sooooo excited to hear The Pass!! But...I have seen Rush many, many times throughout the years..and was shocked that everyone was sitting for the concert (other than floor seats!) I was horrified..I have never been to a Rush concert where everyone was sitting! Who can sit while the Holy Trinity is on stage?? The guy and his wife behind me actually tapped me on my shoulder to ask me to sit down..I guess I was rude cause I gave them a dirty look and Rushed on..Is this something new at Rush shows?? Its a Rock concert! I mean honestly I know the band and some of us fans are getting older..but come on! Please tell me this isn't normal? I want to scream, dance, gyrate and make a total ass of myself while they are playing..how do I do that sitting?? ugh..p.s My profile pic is my tattoo..sweet right! =) ..dying to show it off!

You should rock your head off, NOT sit down... :codger: :wtf:

Also, might I add- before my dad's spine completely shattered into multiple pieces, he was taking me to concerts and yes, it got to where he had to sit throughout the concert because he simply couldn't stand.

One time a couple in front of him sat down and my dad asked them why. They told him "You can't stand very long, we don't want to block your view."

My father INSISTED they keep standing. He was extremely offended that people wanted to accomodate him at a rock concert.

Also, might I add- before my dad's spine completely shattered into multiple pieces, he was taking me to concerts and yes, it got to where he had to sit throughout the concert because he simply couldn't stand.

One time a couple in front of him sat down and my dad asked them why. They told him "You can't stand very long, we don't want to block your view."

My father INSISTED they keep standing. He was extremely offended that people wanted to accomodate him at a rock concert.

Again, there are sections at any concert where one expects to stand for most if not all of a show, and likewise sections where one expects to be able to sit for most if not all of a show.

Really, that is all. Want to stand, get tix in a "standing" section. Want to sit, visa versa.

Someone insisting that another concertgoer sit in row 5 of the floor is nuts and self-centered.

Likewise, someone in the 200s or 300s dead across from the arena in stadium seating that stands and is the only or one of a few standing in the section, particularly up front, is equally self-centered.

Seriously, it is that simple.

Then of course the same argument can be extrapolated to having signs up for long portions of the show.

I think that threads like this bring out all types from the most self-centered to the most considerate.

Rush is a band that has written many songs on the self-centeredness, greed, and lust-for-power of others. Everyone can draw their own conclusions, but I dare say that those on the self-centered side of the curve aren't likely to be able to spot that pattern. Narcissism and self-centeredness typically can't spot narcissism and self-centeredness.

Edited by Wingmaster

Narcissism and self-centeredness typically can't spot narcissism and self-centeredness.

.....or anyone else.