Orlando - Amway Center

edlover

A religious experience tonight.

My god people

• Like 1

I've been biking around, just taking the entire concert in, biked around Lake Eola. Then sat at Steak N Shake.

God damn, Middletown Dreams, and The Pass. I welled up inside.

This concert was better than Tampa. It SOUNDED better. Amway Centre rocks. The sound is better than Amway Arena as well.

Haha, yeah Amway Centre isn't noted for it's top-notch security. The city is too busy building shit.

So the funds go elsewhere. However, it's one of the few Arenas i've been in that has good cell coverage.

Edited by D3strukt

They did sound great. Neil's drums seemed to be having a rough night though. His Drums not Neil. They had to keep tightening the mike on his 13 inch tom. His snare sounded flat the first set. After the first set Gump came out and retuned his 2 high toms, I think one of his floor toms and his snare. After that the snare had much better pop to it.

At first they Alex had issues with his in ear.

I was sitting in the second row from the stage in the very center right straight in front of Neil's Bass drum. I got to see everything they were doing.

I was in the first row just left of center. MUCH better than the Tampa show this past November. I'll post some pics after they get off my phone.

Oh you must have been right in front of me. Was one of your group always running off for drinks? I was in a Vapor Trails work shirt. One thing I noticed is that Security didn't care how much you taped. The guy next to me probably taped the whole concert. In Tampa if you held up a camera for more than 30 secs security was on you.

The only thing I didn't like is how flat Neil's snare sounded the first set. Once Gump tuned it up during intermission it was right on which is good as I ordered one exactly to Neil's specs from DW (different color but it is even being made by the same guy) and I was starting to regret it.

Great show! It was great to finally hear Middletown Dreams and Wish them Well. Which were awesome! Specially Wish them Well. This song really sounds great when performed live. Including Alex's little " Blah Blah Blah Blah" Part!

:laughing guy:

Only negative was Alex's Solo on The Pass, He hit some really sour note at one point! It was like running your nails on the chalk board.

:blink:

Its incredible what a great show these guys can produce in their 60's. I could only wished there were "An Evening with RUSH" shows back in the 80's! That would have been incredible!

:yay:

Edited by losingit2k

I got separated from my friend who sat in a different section. After the show, he said the lead violinist (guy with long hair, not the hot brunette) hung out at the bar across the street and had a few drinks, as did he.

Got to share a few laughs and some words with him as well. We headed over to Harry Buffalos after the show for some frosty brew and wings. I will post up some pics as soon as I get them off my phone.

Great guy, very gracious.

And again......an incredible show. Just perfect sound, amazing playing, a fantastic crowd (unlike the dreck in my hometown in South Florida...really embarrassing how bad the crowd was Friday night) , awesome setlist.

Just perfection top to bottom.

Edited by Todem

Concert was amazing as usual last night! Loved hearing The Pass... I was in Heaven..what pissed me off was the fact that all non floor seats were sitting?? Who the hell sits at a Rock Concert?? The guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder to sit down..The Holy Trinity is on stage..you don't sit down! Well I guess I was rude and refused to sit down..I don't rock to Rush sitting down! Damn!
  • Like 1

I was in the first row just left of center. MUCH better than the Tampa show this past November. I'll post some pics after they get off my phone.

Oh you must have been right in front of me. Was one of your group always running off for drinks? I was in a Vapor Trails work shirt. One thing I noticed is that Security didn't care how much you taped. The guy next to me probably taped the whole concert. In Tampa if you held up a camera for more than 30 secs security was on you.

The only thing I didn't like is how flat Neil's snare sounded the first set. Once Gump tuned it up during intermission it was right on which is good as I ordered one exactly to Neil's specs from DW (different color but it is even being made by the same guy) and I was starting to regret it.

We were right next to that group - but yeah, that group was indeed a thirsty crew! One guy in the crew was a guitar collector. My brother-in-law was listening to his list of guitars that he owned then said "I only have one." The guy asks which one. The brother-in-law points up to Alex and says "that one." - The Black Alex Lifeson Signature Edition Gibson Les Paul. The guy almost made his pants a fecal containment system.

I noticed Neil's snare, too. Gump (as usual) cleared things right up! Alex was having trouble with his amps. Heard him saying "Bring the Lerxst up, everything else down."

In the 2nd half of the show, loved seeing Neil in a playful mood. Honestly, I didn't know the guy had teeth until he smiled (just kidding, of course).

First concert I've been to with beer vendors working the floor. The guys next to me took a break at one point and a vendor set up shop on their seats serving all the people around me. It was distracting and annoying.

If you let a few beers, and people distract your enjoyment of an EXTREMELY LOUD CONCERT, then you might have ADHD.

Had such a great time at this show! Sound was totally awesome. We were on Geddy's side in Section 104. Love the Ged. He was very, very animated and seemed to really be enjoying himself. Neil was awesome, even saw him goofing with Alex. That was nice to see. Alex was not as affable as usual and noticable problems with gear. But his playing of course is always top notch. Could hear the strings really well too, which I enjoyed. Saw a cute little munchkin get a pair of Neil's sticks. Hope to see them again in Cincinnati. Please go see RUSH if you can on this tour. After so many great years of touring, I get a feeling these guys are ready (and need) a long, long break after this tour. I know I would be! xoxox