Yet more Zep remastered albums on the way

Steevo

Unfreakingbelievable...it just never stops. Forget it. No.

In a 2012 interview, Page told Mojo that every original Led Zeppelin album will be reissued (in remastered form) in 2013, each in its own box set. Each box set will contain alternate versions of the band's classic songs.

"There are a number of Led Zeppelin projects that will come out," Page said. "There are different versions of tracks that we have that can be added to the album, so there will be box sets of material that will come out starting next year. There will be one box set per album with extra music that will surface."

Naaa I'll just stick with the ones I got already. f**k em, greedy bitches, they can't take it with 'em!

I rather agree with this. And it's always Page who's spearheading the latest remastering and repackaging of the same music. He's as much of a mercenary as Paul McCartney.

When I saw the thread title, as it says "Yet more", I thought to myself- Zeppelin only made nine albums (plus Coda, of course)...have they found some other ones we don't know about?? :P

Naaa I'll just stick with the ones I got already. f**k em, greedy bitches, they can't take it with 'em!

I rather agree with this. And it's always Page who's spearheading the latest remastering and repackaging of the same music. He's as much of a mercenary as Paul McCartney.

When I saw the thread title, as it says "Yet more", I thought to myself- Zeppelin only made nine albums (plus Coda, of course)...have they found some other ones we don't know about?? :P

Now THAT would be worthy, but sorry, no.

I'm good with this. I mean, I'll never buy it but others will be interested. If it's good enough for Pink Floyd to have four deluxe versions of every album, then why not Zep. What else has Pagey to do with his time? Never-heard different versions of songs is a good thing.

Macca's archive collection remasters are sorely needed. None of his solo work has been properly remastered and reissued until now. Next up, the agonizing wait for Wings Over America is almost ended.:)

• Like 1

All the original albums and the BBC sessions is all I have time for.. And one copy of each is enough...

All the original albums and the BBC sessions is all I have time for.. And one copy of each is enough...

All the live albums are essential. But yeah, I've truly had my limit after the Remasters box sets in the early 90s. I had to swallow the bitter pill after screwing around with the running order, original artwork etc. It will be downloads from now on I'm afraid. I think at the time I just gave my original analogue CDs away to family member. Nah, I'm over it, sorry Pagey.

* In saying that if they eventually release the extras with a separate box or whatever, I will be there dancing a wee jig with bells on! :dweez:

Edited by Steevo

Macca's archive collection remasters are sorely needed. None of his solo work has been properly remastered and reissued until now. Next up, the agonizing wait for Wings Over America is almost ended. :)

:goodone: Agreed, I've got this one circled on my calender!

All the live albums are essential. But yeah, I've truly had my limit after the Remasters box sets in the early 90s. I had to swallow the bitter pill after screwing around with the running order, original artwork etc. It will be downloads from now on I'm afraid. I think at the time I just gave my original analogue CDs away to family member. Nah, I'm over it, sorry Pagey.

* In saying that if they eventually release the extras with a separate box or whatever, I will be there dancing a wee jig with bells on! :dweez:

I always thought Zep sounded shitty live.. But that's coming from a Rush fan so maybe I'm spoiled..

If they dug up more unreleased tracks from the 70's, that's all I'd be interested in..

• Like 1

I am all for releasing Live shows on cd/blue ray/dvd . You are going to Re-Re-Re-release shit agian. No thanx Pagey
  • Like 2

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I welcome the new releases.

I like the extra tracks on he Paul McCartney and Queen rereleases.

Plus, I really think with Jimmy Page at the helm, they will sound great.

Is it a cash grab? Probably. But, I confess, I will plunk down my hard earned dough willingly.

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I welcome the new releases.

I like the extra tracks on he Paul McCartney and Queen rereleases.

Plus, I really think with Jimmy Page at the helm, they will sound great.

Is it a cash grab? Probably. But, I confess, I will plunk down my hard earned dough willingly.

But there is nothing wrong with the 90s Remasters, lol. For just a few extras I'm not going to fork out all over again for a pretty repackaging. I'm a Zep completist but I draw the line at album reissues, ugh. Blatant cash-grab of which I want no part. Plus there is so much good music around now to spend that dosh on, not to mention more worthwhile reissues.

Robert Plant revealed that he's uncovered some previously unheard Led Zeppelin outtakes. Guitarist Jimmy Page is currently hard at work remastering the band's legendary catalogue for the first time since 1990, and recently admitted to Rolling Stone that although the band's vault is light on unreleased songs -- it contains plenty of unused and unique alternate takes. Plant told BBC Radio, "I found some quarter-inch spools recently. I had a meeting with Jimmy and we baked 'em up and listened to 'em. And there's some very, very interesting bits and pieces that probably will turn up on these things. . . I'm desperately trying to (use) this one track -- or the two tracks (with) John Paul Jones singing lead."

Plant went on to joke about Zeppelin bassist -- who's currently working on an opera with singer songwriter Robin Hitchcock and the band Supersilent -- prefers to keep these long lost tracks under wraps: "So far, he's going to give me two cars and a greenhouse not to get 'em on the album. Oh, John, wherever you are with your opera, John, you can't wait to hear yourself singing all over the world. 'La la la la la la la.'"

[/Quote]

• Like 1