Venues that will forward items to the band?

aviateur55

Who's forwarding items in Canada?

I was thinking of trying to do something - I would like to mail a copy of my uncle's favourite album to get signed, and then give it to him (he would be so thrilled!), as he's not well enough to catch a show this tour, nor last tour. I'm nervous it wouldn't work out, but I guess the worst-case scenario would be that I would lose out on a record.

I'm afraid, though, that this will increase in popularity to do, and eventually bands will just say "screw it". I guess it never hurts to try, though....

Who's forwarding items in Canada?

I was thinking of trying to do something - I would like to mail a copy of my uncle's favourite album to get signed, and then give it to him (he would be so thrilled!), as he's not well enough to catch a show this tour, nor last tour. I'm nervous it wouldn't work out, but I guess the worst-case scenario would be that I would lose out on a record.

I'm afraid, though, that this will increase in popularity to do, and eventually bands will just say "screw it". I guess it never hurts to try, though....

I would think that if Rush were going to stop signing through the mail, they probably would have years ago. The only variable I could possibly see coming into play would be an increase of requests from non-fans who only want them because they're now in the Hall of Fame. As someone who's collected through-the-mail autographs for over 15 years (mostly from sports people), I can say that it's usually the younger guys who get sick of their fan mail within the first year or two and stop signing (i.e. Bryce Harper, who never really signed through the mail at all). Or star players in general (i.e., Albert Pujols, Ichiro, etc.)

But yes, definitely give it a shot. I'm sure the guys would sign your item. Just don't send anything you can't replace, just in case the item gets lost or the venue doesn't forward it to them.

• Like 1

Just received my signed Starman Prog magazine back from the O2, so pleased, signed by all three of the guys. I spoke to the O2 prior to sending the item and was told that nothing was guaranteed but the item would be passed on to the band. So it's definitely worth sending an email to the venue you're due to attend. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I might try for Calgary Saddledome. I would think that you would also have to have a self addressed and postage paid envelope along with it to have any hope of getting it back.

I sent to copps collusium in hamilton in 2011, for the time machine tour, I sent my all the worlds a stage album cover, it came back signed, I e-mailed copps, last week and they replied they pass items to artist, I will be sending a poster and album this time. Go to the post office to get proper postage for both envolopes.

I'd like to get my Signals LP signed as this September 22nd will be the 30 year anniversay of my first RUSH concert at Radio City Music Hall, NYC. Which venues are the most promising for me to mail this to during the upcoming shows?

Thanks.

I'd like to get my Signals LP signed as this September 22nd will be the 30 year anniversay of my first RUSH concert at Radio City Music Hall, NYC. Which venues are the most promising for me to mail this to during the upcoming shows?

Thanks.

your kidding right???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1