Randy Rhoads book by Joel Mciver

Steevo

I'll have to get this. I missed seeing Randy at the Boston Garden on the Diary tour by about 2 weeks or so. :(

That seriously sux! I think MD only just missed out as well (?)

I was crushed. When Bernie Torme came out on stage, he looked so much like Randy my buddies and I thought the report of his death was a hoax.

Ozzy's first two solo albums were both essentially perfect. Ozzy never really came close to either album since. Maybe Ozzy should be listed in the cliff thread after he lost Randy and Bob Daisley as his song writing team.

• Like 1

I'll have to get this. I missed seeing Randy at the Boston Garden on the Diary tour by about 2 weeks or so. :(

I was crushed. When Bernie Torme came out on stage, he looked so much like Randy my buddies and I thought the report of his death was a hoax.

Ozzy's first two solo albums were both essentially perfect. Ozzy never really came close to either album since. Maybe Ozzy should be listed in the cliff thread after he lost Randy and Bob Daisley as his song writing team.

I'm not sure how he hasn't already been mentioned in that thread...I haven't liked an ozzy record since diary

I'm not sure how he hasn't already been mentioned in that thread...I haven't liked an ozzy record since diary

Bark at the Moon has some really strong stuff, as does No More Tears. Neither is close to being as consistent as Blizzard or Diary, or having peaks as high.

Bark at the Moon has some really strong stuff, as does No More Tears. Neither is close to being as consistent as Blizzard or Diary, or having peaks as high.

The Ultimate Sin is pretty solid , IMO. I'm not a huge fan of the production on Bark.

I can only imagine how that must've felt, how awful.

As for the solo stuff, yeah I totally agree on the first two albums, but really no love for Bark or Sin? I know nothing comes close to the genius of RR but there are still a few classics to be found on the next two. The serious decline beings after TUS for me at least.

As for the solo stuff, yeah I totally agree on the first two albums, but really no love for Bark or Sin? I know nothing comes close to the genius of RR but there are still a few classics to be found on the next two. The serious decline beings after TUS for me at least.

About 1/2 of Bark is really good. Half is OK. The last time I saw Ozzy solo was actually on the BATM tour. He was great (as usual for Ozzy then) but in hindsight, the album doesn't hold up nearly as well as Blizzard or Diary. Actually, No More Tears might be my favorite post Randy album, although Mr. Pinch Harmonics can get a little grating.

All of Ozzy's solo stuff has some redeeming material. It's just not up to the first two albums' standard. IMO, of course.

About 1/2 of Bark is really good. Half is OK. The last time I saw Ozzy solo was actually on the BATM tour. He was great (as usual for Ozzy then) but in hindsight, the album doesn't hold up nearly as well as Blizzard or Diary. Actually, No More Tears might be my favorite post Randy album, although Mr. Pinch Harmonics can get a little grating.

All of Ozzy's solo stuff has some redeeming material. It's just not up to the first two albums' standard. IMO, of course.

The odd occasional squeal is fine, but there's no way I can take them in that style, so yeah, one huge put-off (it's even his signature -ugh!). I think a few here have seen Jake with Ozzy. No I wouldn't even begin to compare against those first two albums, but definitely a few tasties from Jake in his metal stylings. It just sucked when he moved to blues-rock and never came back. I hope the new album has some of his old style again, but I doubt it. Ok, digression time.

Edited by Steevo

I haven't really listened to this stuff since the 80's but I remember Jake Lee being a pretty solid guitarist.. (Ya I know, he ain't Rhoads though.. rip!)