Rush's most recent L.A. "home" to be closed down

jjgittes

It was announced the Los Angeles venue known as the Gibson Ampitheatre will be closing this fall to make room for the Universal Studios Park "Harry Potter World." http://abcnews.go.co...63#.UXlbmnLYhPw

Rush seemed to have endeared themselves to that place having played there the last three times they were in town. I never thought that was the best venue for them(I prefer the outdoor venues I saw them at for the R30, and S&A tours, among others) but can't complain that they chose a "smaller" venue with very few bad seating views.

I don't know if venues choose them or they choose venues but the place had been pretty much ignored the last few years. Less than solid sound, at least for Rush, less ushers, and just physical deterioration made this not such a desirable place, for me at least. But geographically, I loved it because it is close to where I live and you can get there via mass transit and buy a drink instead of paying to park. It started life as an outdoor venue and I wished it could have stayed that way.

So where does Rush go from here? The 7,000 seat Nokia theatre is where they played the last leg of the S&A tour so maybe that will become their home (assuming of course, they are still touring after this one!!). Or do they stay in Anaheim at the Honda (Arrowhead Pond to us old guys) Center?

I will always consider the L.A Forum to be Rush's L.A. home.

Nothing like being a suburban 14yo getting out of your mom's station wagon in Inglewood, across from the race track, and hearing her say "Be back at 11 to pick you boys up."

It was an adventure.

Maybe they'll go back to the Hollywood Bowl, eh?

I saw them at the Gibson last year. Awesome venue- small, indoors, with the amphitheater set-up which definitely appeals to me. Bummer that they're closing it. . .

• Like 2

I saw them at the Gibson last year. Awesome venue- small, indoors, with the amphitheater set-up which definitely appeals to me. Bummer that they're closing it. . .

:hi: :hi: :hi: :guitar: :blaze:

Oh hey! Haven't been on much, as you may recall :P

Oh hey! Haven't been on much, as you may recall :P

Aye! :sundog:

Closing it for Harry Potter?? Please.....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BTW, it was very nice to finally meet you in LA...I'm the girl on the end in the black/red tshirt in the now famous Arclight theater photo...was sitting next to you during dinner...

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

BTW, it was very nice to finally meet you in LA...I'm the girl on the end in the black/red tshirt in the now famous Arclight theater photo...was sitting next to you during dinner...

Pleasure to meet you in this part of "Virtuality" :) Are you on FB?

Pleasure to meet you in this part of "Virtuality" :) Are you on FB?

Hi Kelly! Yep, I'm Joan Koklefsky. So how was the Austin show? (Like I need to ask.... :doh:....must have been awesome as usual......)

:dweez: :7up: :) :yay: :hi:

• Like 1

Hey I'm the girl that was in the white dress at the dinner! Good to see you on here! :D

Hey I'm the girl that was in the white dress at the dinner! Good to see you on here! :D

GUUUURL like I wouldn't recognize that username :P

• Like 1

GUUUURL like I wouldn't recognize that username :P

Whoopsie, I thought I was replying to Joan, I know that you know who I am lol.