Anyone else play Rush on Rock Band?

SchemingDemon

I didn't really know where to start this thread. But anyways, my friend and I were bored (and very drunk) last night and decided to take a video of me playing the drums on Rock Band. Does anyone else play? Rush is very fun to play, but also very difficult, believe it or not! Check it out:

https://www.facebook...19&notif_t=like

Sigh I think I missed my calling in life to be a drummer

Yes, I played it a bunch a couple of years back. Very fun, but I have a hard time with friends letting me play more than 1 or 2, and I don't play by myself very often.

And I'm about 1/10 as good as you are. I think it's time for a real drum set.

I've recently moved on to RockSmith as it let's me plug my guitar into the machine and play.

I've got every song available for PS3 but my PS3 died a month ago. When I get a new one I'm going to make a big push for the top of the bass leaderboards. Edited by billybobjoe1881

Yes, I played it a bunch a couple of years back. Very fun, but I have a hard time with friends letting me play more than 1 or 2, and I don't play by myself very often.

And I'm about 1/10 as good as you are. I think it's time for a real drum set.

I've recently moved on to RockSmith as it let's me plug my guitar into the machine and play.

I got RockSmith, and made it through the whole game (can't remember how many bazillion points that was). Then downloaded the Rush extension pack and :boohoo: .. all the Rush is still too hard...

I've played it on Rock Band a few times. I prefer playing on real instruments though. :)

What I found really cool was when I got Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. It has the full 2112 (with the master track) narrated by the band. I love playing that every once in a while.

I've played it on Rock Band a few times. I prefer playing on real instruments though. :)

What I found really cool was when I got Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. It has the full 2112 (with the master track) narrated by the band. I love playing that every once in a while.

It's time for Rocksmith if you want real instruments.

Does this happen to you? I can play Rocksmith for a long time, and get decent scores but still not "know" how to play any of the songs afterwards. Except for The Black Keys, of course, because of their very simple riffs.

I played alot of Guitar Hero 2 & 3. I think the first time i heard Rush was in Guitar Hero 2 (YYZ) if i remember correctly :D :facepalm:

Does this happen to you? I can play Rocksmith for a long time, and get decent scores but still not "know" how to play any of the songs afterwards. Except for The Black Keys, of course, because of their very simple riffs.

Absolutely. But it can be a great jumping off point to learn the song on your own.

Absolutely. But it can be a great jumping off point to learn the song on your own.

Yep! Do you have any of the extension pacs? I got Rush and Foo Fighters. They don't have a zeppelin do they?

I actually have tried Rocksmith and found it very confusing. I play (real) guitar on my own and am quite good at it (constantly learning Rush songs!). I like to play GH/RB though just for fun or with others who don't know how to play a real instrument with me.

I actually have tried Rocksmith and found it very confusing. I play (real) guitar on my own and am quite good at it (constantly learning Rush songs!). I like to play GH/RB though just for fun or with others who don't know how to play a real instrument with me.

Yeah Rocksmith is so confusing and it takes so long for it to detect your skill and whatnot

Yes, and I own every rush song for both the guitar hero and rock band franchises (except for the DLC track pack in guitar hero as I already had them in rock band). I can play Expert Bass/Keys/Guitar, Drums on medium (or expert without kick pedal) and sing most of the time at medium (I am an expert rapper though).

I play RB, but usually only as a singer. I've tried playing bass to Rush's songs and man, those time signatures are weird! My personal best is that I got a numbered ranking when singing the first part of 2112 (usually you only get something like "You scored in the top 68%!").

And yeah, I usually can't convince my husband/"bandmates" to play more than one or two Rush songs when playing RB.

To make a long story short, Rock Band is how I started out playing the drums. And I gotta say I'm phenominal. And at that time I only knew 3 Rush songs. Rock Band is my beginning of my drumming career, and my passion for Rush. Now I know how to play at least 3/4 of all of Rush's songs. No joke!
  • Like 1

I used to play a ton of Rush on Rock Band 3. My brother used to play the guitar, his girlfriend would play the drum part, and I'd play the bass parts. It was a blast! Wasn't what got me into playing music, but I did go back and download more Rush songs not too long ago...

I'm a drummer and find Rockband harder than real drums. What they ask isn't always intuitive. I prefer guitar for Rockband. Run to the Hills is the only drum track I really enjoy on Rockband. \m/
  • Like 1

Actually, I'm pretty good. I can play TSoR and 2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx) on Hard and hit 95% of the notes. On guitar, that is. Edited by Disk98
  • Like 2

I can get 100% on vocals on expert on both Tom Sawyer and The Trees. Edited by Super25Smasher

I can get 100% on vocals on expert on both Tom Sawyer and The Trees.

Very impressive! However, I must one up you! I can get 100% on both vocals AND guitar on both Limelight and Tom Sawyer :LOL: