Has Rush been around your entire life

Lost In Xanadu

Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?

• Yes, I was born after March, 1974
    • Yes, I was born in March, 1974
    • No, I was born before March, 1974
    • I am treeduck - who is this wanker? I didn't approve this poll!

I was born in 1961 and first heard Rush via All The World's A Stage. I bought AFTK on day of release but I'd already bought all the earlier albums and was hooked by then. AFTK will always be special to me.

And the bastard above introduced me to the band. Cost me a feckin fortune over the years, he has.................................. :bitchslap:

Shush, or I'll tell them about your Alex Lifeson perm... :P

I was a junior in high school when the first album was released in Spring of '74 and by the time I heard Working Man on the radio I'm guessing it was Fall of the same year and I was beginning my senior year. I do remember it on the radio that school year. Didn't really get into them until 2112 though and I was a freshman in college by then.

I was a junior in high school when the first album was released in Spring of '74 and by the time I heard Working Man on the radio I'm guessing it was Fall of the same year and I was beginning my senior year. I do remember it on the radio that school year. Didn't really get into them until 2112 though and I was a freshman in college by then.

You knew about them in 75 and didn't support them.on the down the tubes tour. It's all your fault they weren't big sooner.

You knew about them in 75 and didn't support them.on the down the tubes tour. It's all your fault they weren't big sooner.

Yep, I held them back cuz I believed all that garbage in Rolling Stone.....you know like Rush sucks and Led Zeppelin sucks and.....

:laughing guy:

Yes, I was born in 1979 but didn't get into them till I was in my late twenties, just about the time S&A came out...

On TuneIn radio, there is a dedicated Rush station, 24/7.

Omg! Babycat! I've got that app! I didn't know about Rush radio till I just read your post and now I've found it!!

I love you!!! :hug2:

:wub: :rush:

• Like 1

Yes, I was born in 1979 but didn't get into them till I was in my late twenties, just about the time S&A came out...

On TuneIn radio, there is a dedicated Rush station, 24/7.

Omg! Babycat! I've got that app! I didn't know about Rush radio till I just read your post and now I've found it!!

I love you!!! :hug2:

:wub: :rush:

Aww! I love you too! :wub:

Neil played his first live RUSH gig on my eighth birthday. I was not there, of course. My first concert was almost five years later, for Permanent Waves.

Though I had owned AtWaS and 2112 as my first two albums, I think I bought them to be cool and didn't really get them until listening on the radio to the live St. Louis show from the same PeW tour earlier in the year. Natural Science resonated heavily.

Rush had just released MP when I discovered them. I was 14 years old.

Born in 1966, did not start buying their albums until HYF came out. They did not become my favorite group till I saw them on the VT tour (although by that time they were one of my favorite's). Had seen them on Presto and Counterparts but it was the show that they put on at the Saratoga (NY) Performing Arts Center on the VT tour that made them my #1 group. VT's sucks, but what an awesome concert. Made me go back and start listening to all of their stuff intensely and a totally different way and start collecting boots. Then Rush in Rio came out and at that point their was no doubt about it - Rush was by far my # 1 group.