Has Rush been around your entire life

Lost In Xanadu

Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?

• Yes, I was born after March, 1974
    • Yes, I was born in March, 1974
    • No, I was born before March, 1974
    • I am treeduck - who is this wanker? I didn't approve this poll!

yeah I'd heard songs but never really realized they were by rush. I wasn't interested enough to check out full albums until a few years later

I got my first album, Fly By Night, when I was 11. I liked Spirit of Radio and FBN when I heard them on the radio. I had been hearing FBN for years on the radio, and loved the song. When I heard that was Rush, I asked for the Album for Christmas. :)

I was born in April of '73, and was turned onto Rush by my older brother in about 1979-'80. By the time I was eight years old, much of the first seven albums or so had already started to become part of the soundtrack of my life.

yep! I was born June 2, 1990 lol

And on the day YOU were born, I hoisted a drink in the air to celebrate MY 21st birthday! So no, not around my whole life. I was born June 2, 1969 and did not discover RUSH until 1982; I was 13. My entry drug was Caress of Steel...and I never looked back.

Born in '72. Older bros used to scare me when I was 4 or 5 by playing the narrative intro to Cygnus X-1. By the time I was in 4th grade I was a fan. MTV's frequent airing of TS, RB, Limelight, and VS fed my growing addiction at the time. My first gig came in early '83 (at age 10) for the New World Tour. It was not uncommon to find me in my room at that age reading a comic book while listening to MP or Signals. Hell, it wouldn't be too uncommon these days either

:blaze:

And on the day YOU were born, I hoisted a drink in the air to celebrate MY 21st birthday! So no, not around my whole life. I was born June 2, 1969 and did not discover RUSH until 1982; I was 13. My entry drug was Caress of Steel...and I never looked back.

Hey, Queen, you were born literally ONE DAY before me! :cheers:

Born in 1971, and discovered Rush when I was 10-11 years old when my slightly older cousin played Permanent Waves for me.

After that, I began to recognize other songs on the radio as Rush tunes... Tom Sawyer, The Trees, Fly By Night etc.

I distinctly recall Grace Under Pressure coming out, and seeing the videos on MTV, and not being real into it at the time. It was too gloomy and dystopian, or something. Nothing for a typical 13 year old to really dig, as far as I was concerned. I came back around when Power Windows was released, and finally saw them in concert during Hold Your Fire.

Yes, I was born in 1982 and I remember seeing the video for The Big Money when it was new in 1985. I also listened to my dad's copy of Moving Pictures quite often simply because I liked the album art at around that same time. Up until my early 20's I always liked most of what I heard on the radio (we have a station that plays the usual songs and some deep cuts). It was when I bought Rush In Rio that I became a hardcore fan and truly grasped how great they really are.

I was born in July of 1990 so yes they've been around all my life. My dad sold his Vinyls when CD's came out and he bought Counterparts when it first came out and played the crap out of it. I grew up listening to Counterparts and Pink Floyd and Counterparts is one of my top 5 RUSH albums.

I was born in 1970, discovered Rush in 1980. That first 10 years without Rush is something I can never fix.. So sad lol

I've been a fan for 19 years. I was a senior in high school when I heard Counterparts and I quickly devoured the rest of their discography!

Welcome to the forum. :)

I also love Counterparts; I think it was their strongest album in quite a few years when it came out.

Wow...I certainly don't consider myself an old-timer among the fan base, but my first Rush show was a few months before you were born!

I was born in 78 and sadly didn't discover Rush until 2007

It's never too late to discover great music, no matter when it happens.

• Like 1

I was born in '69, but as far as my musical life is concerned, Rush have been around since the beginning, and Tom Sawyer was the first song of their's that I heard.

Why do you act like you're 10 then? :LOL:

• Like 1

Born in '65 and became a fan in '77 at the age of 12. And being a fan in Toronto (and a man from Willowdale) meant that you became an ardent fan immediately. First Rush concert was Permanent Waves in 1980 because at 15, my parents figured I was old enough... and I've seen them on every tour over the past 33 years. So fan for 36 of my 48 years. Edited by Atomic