Clockwork Angels Current Setlist

Dscrapre

I find the setlist on www.2112.net to be a bit difficult to follow. It's understandable because there are a lot of changes being made this tour. So, here's my current understanding of the setlist:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric/Middletown Dreams/Limelight

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado/The Pass

Where's My Thing? (Part 4: Gangster of Boats Trilogy)/Drum Solo

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight /Drum Solo

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities Of Gold/Wish Them Well

The Garden

Manhattan Project/Dreamline

The Percussor (Electronic Drum Solo)

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio (Working Man)

Encore: Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

SETLIST A

SETLIST B

RANDOM MODIFIER

DROPPED

I know that Dreamline was played in place of Manhattan Project in Houston, which was otherwise an A show (with Limelight). I'm just trying to get a somewhat clear picture of what's going on so I can try to forecast what I'm gonna hear in Milwaukee.

I of course realize that this could all be blown to bits based on what is played during the second half of tonight.

EDIT: Also, I meant to tag this as "Color Coded"

Edited by Dscrapre

So, tonight Austin heard the A setlist with Limelight.

This means that Limelight may now be a permanent fixture. I certainly hope not, but it is what it is (and whatever :facepalm:). We should know in a few days.

My show last year was the first one of the tour where they did Limelight. I was really looking forward to hearing TBE for the first time but LL, even though it's been played to death, was a nice surprise. It certainly got the crowd going after they had played a couple deep cuts nobody knew. I'm fine with LL being a regular song again, i've always loved it and have never grown tired of it. Plus, it's a song that gets the crowd going. While it's cool they're playing so many deep cuts and new stuff, we need to keep in mind that LL is one of those songs that got a lot of people into Rush and it's a song everyone in the crowd will know. They need to play some of the hits in order to not completely lose the attention of thousands of people each night when they go into the rare/new songs.

Even with the LL being played the set is still catered more towards the diehard fan. Adding in one hit doesn't shift the balance of the set at all. There's still more rarely played songs and new stuff then there are hits in the set. So adding in one staple doesn't bother me at all. At least it's a great tune.

• Like 2

My show last year was the first one of the tour where they did Limelight. I was really looking forward to hearing TBE for the first time but LL, even though it's been played to death, was a nice surprise. It certainly got the crowd going after they had played a couple deep cuts nobody knew. I'm fine with LL being a regular song again, i've always loved it and have never grown tired of it. Plus, it's a song that gets the crowd going. While it's cool they're playing so many deep cuts and new stuff, we need to keep in mind that LL is one of those songs that got a lot of people into Rush and it's a song everyone in the crowd will know. They need to play some of the hits in order to not completely lose the attention of thousands of people each night when they go into the rare/new songs.

Even with the LL being played the set is still catered more towards the diehard fan. Adding in one hit doesn't shift the balance of the set at all. There's still more rarely played songs and new stuff then there are hits in the set. So adding in one staple doesn't bother me at all. At least it's a great tune.

I'm happy that Limelight is back also, I'm just upset that it's possibly at the expense of 2 other songs. I wouldn't mind them replacing say, Territories, with it.

• Like 1

That means that we'll get that same setlist in Raleigh. Dang, I was hoping to hear 7cog and Bravado(one of my favorites), again, but, oh well, it still kicks ass, especially dreamline.

can someone do the math and figure out what setlist nashville's gonna have

That show is before Raleigh, so you'll get to hear 7cog, bravado, the manhattan project.

middletown or body electric???

Rush Clockwork Angels 2013 Tour

Projected Setlist

23-Apr

Austin, TX AL

26-Apr

Ft. Lauderdale, FL B

28-Apr

Orlando, FL A

01-May

Nashville, TN B

03-May

Raleigh, NC A

05-May

Virginia Beach, VA B

07-May

Baltimore, MD A

09-May

Uncasville, CT B

11-May

Atlantic City, NJ A

22-May

Manchester, England B

24-May

London, England A

26-May

Birmingham, England B

28-May

Sheffield, England A

30-May

Glasgow, Scotland B

02-Jun

Amsterdam, Holland A

04-Jun

Cologne, Germany B

06-Jun

Berlin, Germany A

08-Jun

Solvesborg, Sweden B

10-Jun

Helsinki, Finland A

21-Jun

Hershey, PA B

23-Jun

Wantagh, NY A

25-Jun

Saratoga, NY B

28-Jun

Chicago, IL A

30-Jun

Grand Rapids, MI B

02-Jul

Cincinnati, OH A

04-Jul

Milwaukee, WI B

06-Jul

Hamilton, ON A

08-Jul

Ottawa, ON B

10-Jul

Quebec City, QC A

12-Jul

Halifax, NS B

14-Jul

Halifax, NS A

24-Jul

Calgary, AB B

26-Jul

Vancouver, BC A

28-Jul

Portland, OR B

31-Jul

Salt Lake City, UT A

02-Aug

Denver, CO B

04-Aug

Kansas City, MO A

Edited by Dscrapre

I pray and hope I get Middletown Dreams Friday Night.

My son was really looking forward to maybe hearing The Body Electric...but he will be fine with Limelight 9if it is a permanent change which I hope not). I however must have some Middletown Dreams either Friday or Sunday in Orlando!

I had the pleasure of hearing TBE in Tampa last year for only the third time ever live.

I have yet to ever see Middletown Dreams proper live (I saw the Power Windows warm up tour version in 85).

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

wait this guy says nashville is set B....who is right???

It's gonna be a Set B. Middletown Dreams unless they decide to play Limelight, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Which would be alright, I suppose. Was hoping for a Set A for Nashville, and looking forward to Body Electric.

Edited by Jon2112

I find the setlist on www.2112.net to be a bit difficult to follow. It's understandable because there are a lot of changes being made this tour. So, here's my current understanding of the setlist:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric/Middletown Dreams/Limelight

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado/The Pass

Where's My Thing? (Part 4: Gangster of Boats Trilogy)/Drum Solo

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight /Drum Solo

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities Of Gold/Wish Them Well

The Garden

Manhattan Project/Dreamline

The Percussor (Electronic Drum Solo)

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio (Working Man)

Encore: Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

SETLIST A

SETLIST B

RANDOM MODIFIER

DROPPED

I know that Dreamline was played in place of Manhattan Project in Houston, which was otherwise an A show (with Limelight). I'm just trying to get a somewhat clear picture of what's going on so I can try to forecast what I'm gonna hear in Milwaukee.

I of course realize that this could all be blown to bits based on what is played during the second half of tonight.

EDIT: Also, I meant to tag this as "Color Coded"

This is the simpliest way to write out the set. Thank you. Sure as hell beats the "night a night b version XX" going around.

wait this guy says nashville is set B....who is right???

I am, of course! :D.

Seriously though, if the band keeps doing the A-B nightly rotation, then Nashville will be set B.

Far Cry

YAY!!! LD

I love that song too. I don't mind them playing it every time I see them. It's become their essential late-period classic to me.

Edited by Dscrapre

"Our set list," says Lifeson reflexively. "It's an endless complaint. Everybody wants to hear everything."

call me easy to please, but i'm perfectly okay with whatever the boys decide to play