Thank you! (RRHOF rush fans)

MMCXII

Gotta give a big shout out to the Rush fans that "dominated the audience" in LA the other night.. Apparently Geddy had no idea there'd be such a Presence!

Good job showing our appreciation for the boys and showing the world our appreciation for the the band!

• Like 6

tho I did not make it, to the festivities; I read the articles and comments on the site, and I just loved the way the Rushers dominated that joint! \m/ love it!!

This quote sums it up for me.

As Mayer stepped into his Escalade, he was still blown away by Rush's fans, who cheered the band for several minutes when Hall of Fame Chairman Jann S. Wenner's mentioned the a "band from Toronto." "Man, I want Rush fans to come to my shows now, that is some fandom," Mayer told Rolling Stone. "If you're a Rush fan, you should get in any show free."

Read more: http://www.rollingst...9#ixzz2R9g7hIta

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Edited by calirush
  • Like 1

As Mayer stepped into his Escalade, he was still blown away by Rush's fans, who cheered the band for several minutes when Hall of Fame Chairman Jann S. Wenner's mentioned the a "band from Toronto." "Man, I want Rush fans to come to my shows now, that is some fandom," Mayer told Rolling Stone. "If you're a Rush fan, you should get in any show free."

Totally! This article actually made me think of starting this thread.

I was sitting there by myself in absolute silence at the beginning of the show. I was on the edge of my seat when the Inductees were being announced.

Randy Newman, ........

After listening to most of the inductees, all it took for me was the word "Toronto" and I blasted out of my seat in total excitement. I screamed and clapped as loud and as hard as my body could. Was that wrong?

We just blew the lid off the place, that's all!! Being there in person was just outta this world!!! Still hoarse from screaming for two nights (went to the Bon Jovi concert Friday night; good show as well, but of course nothing compared to the boys. Went because I was curious - Got real lucky at the box office with a last minute 3rd row tix on the rail behind the VIP's right in front of the walkaround. Must admit Jon looks pretty hot!)

Wore my :rush: gear and got a few highfives/All rights/yeahs at the show. During the concert, Jon looked at my shirt and smiled, but didn't say anything. I was hoping for a :rush: mention, but I guess some of the fans present would have killed me! LOL!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

Edited by rushfanforever!

Mayer is a useless a-hole! ... feel free to comment. This has nothing to do with the article which is a joke also.

Obviously my post went over your head and I'm not going to bother explaining it to you. Nice way to miss the whole point.

Ok so do you want to know why RUSH didn't get in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame any earlier or when they were eligible for an induction in 1998?

Well RUSH didn't get in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame until this year on 4/18/2013 because all of the bands that are in the RRHOF aren't together anymore and RUSH are still together, still writing new music and releasing new albums and still touring. so because of that, its why they didn't get inducted any earlier, because the RRHOF only inducts bands that aren't together as a band anymore and that makes Rush the first band to be inducted in the RRHOF that are still together. So thats why, hope this helps you understand how the RRHOF runs and why they didn't induct RUSH any earlier.

Edited by Imusic2012

Ok so do you want to know why RUSH didn't get in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame any earlier or when they were eligible for an induction in 1998?

Well RUSH didn't get in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame until this year on 4/18/2013 because all of the bands that are in the RRHOF aren't together anymore and RUSH are still together, still writing new music and releasing new albums and still touring. so because of that, its why they didn't get inducted any earlier, because the RRHOF only inducts bands that aren't together as a band anymore and that makes Rush the first band to be inducted in the RRHOF that are still together. So thats why, hope this helps you understand how the RRHOF runs and why they didn't induct RUSH any earlier.

what about metallica and the chili peppers?
  • Like 1

the booing at one of the other nominees was not classy. Was it Public Enemy? (not that I care about rap, but still)
  • Like 1

the booing at one of the other nominees was not classy. Was it Public Enemy? (not that I care about rap, but still)

I totally agree but I'm not going to fault them. Considering the years leading up to this, and how passionate Rush fans are, I'm sure "mob mentality" took over a little bit. I'm surprised they didn't burn the place down!

Anyone who was there would understand booing Flava Flav. He was rambling and at times incomprehensible. Even his own band mates were telling him that it was time to wrap it up, but he just wouldn't. He'd likely still be talking if the audience hadn't shut him down.
  • Like 1

Considering Public Enemy was the only inductee that showed RUSH some love.

I didn't see any pictures of Rush with the Wilson sisters or Randy Newman.

I also think it's cool that Dave and Taylor looked like just a couple die hard Rush fans up there! Then when asked about nirvana's possible induction next year they totally downplayed it and turned attention right back onto Rush when they answered! They definitely picked the right guys to Induct them!! Edited by MMCXII

what about metallica and the chili peppers?

Or U2, ZZ Top, AC/DC, & Van Halen.

That was a BIG swing and a miss.

I knew the ovation was going to be big, but it was twice as big as even I was expecting. It brought tears of joy and by the end of the night, a bruise on my ring finger from clapping so much. Thanks to those that posted video. It was a night to remember. I can hardly wait to see the HBO broadcast.

'Radio.com tweeted "If HBO doesn't show Alex Lifeson's full speech send hate mail and demand to see it".'

Rush fans dominate the limelight at 2013 Rock Hall Induction Ceremony

http://www.examiner.com/article/rush-fans-dominate-the-limelight-at-2013-rock-hall-induction-ceremony

The R&RHOF has always been has always been and always will be whores for Jann Wenner and his RSM ilk of so-called "music critics". If not for the Fan's Choice option, Rush would forever be on the outside looking in.

Years ago I visited the Hall in Cleveland, and "got into it" with several folks-some of who were obviously (by their snooty, nose a mile in the air, check your recorders at the door) Museum staff over the selection process. I made a major point of "acts" (their so-called "early influences" and "performers") whose contributions or "body of work" (a popular criteria there) were a strech at best. In finishing, some moth breathing staffer asked for a one line summation. That was easy- I said "a dubious POS like Bonnie Raitt is in the Hall and Rush isn't-don't waste my time."

"Critics, can't even float, just stand at the shore and wave at the boat"-Ben Sidran

Edited by pjbear05

Were you there and did you have to sit through Flava Flavs drunken/drug induced senseless rant?

• Like 1

Anyone who was there would understand booing Flava Flav. He was rambling and at times incomprehensible. Even his own band mates were telling him that it was time to wrap it up, but he just wouldn't. He'd likely still be talking if the audience hadn't shut him down.

I remember when the idiot came back and wanted to ramble some more and they finally turned the damn mic off.

• Like 1

I took the whole John Mayer comment about Rush as a great compliment by John Mayer directed to and about Rush.