Jann Wenner Reacts To Alex Lifeson RRHOF Speech

rushgoober

It's not Just the Weiner, it's the entire Whores of Rolling Stone Magazine Music Association ( I refuse to call it RnR or a HOF)

f**k the lot of them!

This one is almost as good as the John Rutsy one.

That Rutsy one was comedic gold. Anyone got a link to that one? :huh:

As far as I can recall, the "John Rutsey interview" (the thread was at least a couple of years before he died) was so controversial that the thread was removed completely. It's too bad too since I didn't keep a copy of it, but it will apparently live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who remember it. :P

:( Now that ruse was pure genius. The fact that this one is being quoted on other websites certainly moves this one up a few notches. :LOL:

I actually found it on my computer (though it's not on TRF) - probably best that I don't post that fake interview again, especially in light of Rutsey's passing. It was a fun one though.

Can you pm it to me?

This one is almost as good as the John Rutsy one.

That Rutsy one was comedic gold. Anyone got a link to that one? :huh:

As far as I can recall, the "John Rutsey interview" (the thread was at least a couple of years before he died) was so controversial that the thread was removed completely. It's too bad too since I didn't keep a copy of it, but it will apparently live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who remember it. :P

:( Now that ruse was pure genius. The fact that this one is being quoted on other websites certainly moves this one up a few notches. :LOL:

I actually found it on my computer (though it's not on TRF) - probably best that I don't post that fake interview again, especially in light of Rutsey's passing. It was a fun one though.

Can you pm it to me?

I just posted it. Unfortunately, I accidentally posted it in Music of the Spheres by accident - you can see it there. I've asked a mod or admin to move it to this forum for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry I am very late for this topic, but ABBA real rock n' roll? Was this guy serious?

As much as I love ABBA, they were never rock for God's sake!

rushgoober is sometimes like a magician...it looks like he's actually sawing someone in half or pulling a rabbit out of a hat. But what he's really doing is saying goofy shit and tricking and entertaining a lot of folks with sleight of hand, or rather, word.

edited to add: And that's a total compliment for goobs. Presto!

:LOL: thanks, man!

the funny thing is, at least for this thread, i didn't REALLY think i'd fool anyone - the whole thing was designed to get progressively more ridiculous, and the last line was supposed to give it away completely if you didn't get there already by then. if not that, the SECOND post links to the source of the article, which is just a dancing clown gif - if anyone bothered to go that far. ironically, this is how lies and hoaxes (and probably brainwashing) are effective though - you start with things that are plausible and then make them progressively more and more implausible, but sometimes once people have already taken the bait, they don't realize that the tide has turned against them. it's happened to me many times.

"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." ~ Simon & Garfunkel ;)

Exactly! But that's not the only thing that made it work.. I think the most effective thing about that story is that it's EXACTLY what most of us want to believe!

You don't need to work hard on a con when the mark already believes you!! (Now cue that Paul Simon quote again.. ;))

I laughed my ass off when I heard Alex's speach. I laughed almost as hard when I read the response. That was fun. Thanks for posting it. I haven't enjoyed anything Jann's written that much in ages.

If anyone ever disagreed with me that the rock and roll hall of fame is a ridiculous joke, maybe you see my point now.

I laughed my ass off when I heard Alex's speach. I laughed almost as hard when I read the response. That was fun. Thanks for posting it. I haven't enjoyed anything Jann's written that much in ages.

If anyone ever disagreed with me that the rock and roll hall of fame is a ridiculous joke, maybe you see my point now.

:cheers:

:LMAO:

Okay, you fooled me. I still stand by everything I said. This post was better than anything Janni's done since 1970 or so, the rock and roll hall of fame is a ridiculous joke, and it was a fantastic post.

Okay, you fooled me. I still stand by everything I said. This post was better than anything Janni's done since 1970 or so, the rock and roll hall of fame is a ridiculous joke, and it was a fantastic post.

:cheers: