How did you celebrate the RRHF Induction?

P33v3

Did anyone else feel vindicated and celebrate after the induction of Rush into the RRHF? I celebrated by playing Rush songs on my drum kit for a couple of hours. I actually set up my Slingerland Artist Series snare on my DW kit and just pounded the heck out of all of them (Neil used a Slingerland Artist Series snare from like 1975 - 1995 that he bought for 60 bucks second hand).

Did anyone else feel vindicated .....

Vindicated? In regards to what? :eh:

Did anyone else feel vindicated .....

Vindicated? In regards to what? :eh:

I feel vindicated. I got a hard time for being a Rush fan like crazy in junior high and high school, and the press has all too often criticized the band relentlessly for decades, that is if they gave them any attention at all. It's wonderful for them to finally get some semblance of the respect and regard they deserve. The establishment can go f*ck itself. :madra: ;)

It's wonderful for them to finally get some semblance of the respect and regard they deserve. The establishment can go f*ck itself. :madra: ;)

Respect......from a chronically corrupt, hypocritical, elitist media club? I was hoping that the band would pass on it.....

They've had all the respect in the world, and from all the right people - their record companies, promoters, fellow musicians, and fans.

And I agree that the Establishment can go F*CK itself. The band didn't need any recognition from them.

• Like 3

Did anyone else feel vindicated and celebrate after the induction of Rush into the RRHF? I celebrated by playing Rush songs on my drum kit for a couple of hours. I actually set up my Slingerland Artist Series snare on my DW kit and just pounded the heck out of all of them (Neil used a Slingerland Artist Series snare from like 1975 - 1995 that he bought for 60 bucks second hand).

After the show my woman and I went to the Conga Room.

Drank some beers and vodka sodas.

Went back to our room at the JW Marriott and had a few more beers and well you know.

GOT BUSY!

Signed,

"ROLL THE BONES"

It's wonderful for them to finally get some semblance of the respect and regard they deserve. The establishment can go f*ck itself. :madra: ;)

Respect......from a chronically corrupt, hypocritical, elitist media club? I was hoping that the band would pass on it.....

They've had all the respect in the world, and from all the right people - their record companies, promoters, fellow musicians, and fans.

And I agree that the Establishment can go F*CK itself. The band didn't need any recognition from them.

Somehow I thought that once they got in that the complainers who thought they shouldn't have accepted the award would finally have nothing to complain about anymore.

My mistake! :P

Somehow I thought that once they got in that the complainers who thought they shouldn't have accepted the award would finally have nothing to complain about anymore.

My mistake! :P

The "Repeal the Induction!" petitions are already being sent out across the country....... :yes: :blah: :LOLsign:

I celebrated by pulling out of Nokia and driving down street and sitting at light and getting rear ended. The guy took off when we were going to pull over. Lucky I got a pic of his license plate before he took off. He wouldn't get out of car. Had to wait for LAPD about a half hour. Lucky just fender bender and better after show than before. Still was a great night !!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. The wife wasn't even that bummed out!!!! Edited by robertrobyn

I played through counterparts, MP, and signals on the drums :)

After the show my woman and I went to the Conga Room.

Drank some beers and vodka sodas.

Went back to our room at the JW Marriott and had a few more beers and well you know.

GOT BUSY!

Signed,

"ROLL THE BONES"

:LOLsign:

Hey Earl. Damn, I was staying there as well. What a hotel!! What a show!! Classic Alex speech!!! Rush blew the lid off the place!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

To answer the question, lots of Corona were consumed!!

Edited by rushfanforever!

I've always felt from day one that a hall of fame for something like rock & roll was a terrible idea that could never be properly executed. Over time its selection criteria has shown itself to be completely arbitrary and does not reflect anything of true merit. To be surprised or upset about any perceived unfairness regarding inclusion or exclusion is pointless. Why any Rush fan would celebrate the band finally being inducted into such an institution as if it's something to be proud of remains a mystery to me. It doesn't really matter because it's just based on subjective opinions of people like you and me. It's all meaningless.

Why any Rush fan would celebrate the band finally being inducted into such an institution as if it's something to be proud of remains a mystery to me. It doesn't really matter because it's just based on subjective opinions of people like you and me. It's all meaningless.

I've said it before, but I can say it again - many fans' jubilation at the band's induction is more about themselves than the band. THEY can now feel vindicated.....as if they've had to endure this "burden" of being a Rush fan, and now, all of a sudden, they are "legit".

I've never been teased or insulted for being a Rush fan, but I do know that others may have been. Nevertheless, I don't see how the band's induction vindicates anyone. The band has never needed vindication, and neither have their fans. Rush fans may have been teased from time to time, but so have AC/DC fans, and KISS fans, and Dave Matthews fans.....etc. Everybody teases everybody........

• Like 1

I think the vindication thing is palpable for many fans, particularly old farts like me who've been fans for decades. Vindication in relation to what Billy Corgan said in the documentary. At some point someone has to ask 'why has Rush been marginalized?'... well, yeah, why indeed?

Not that the RRHOF induction means much to me (I kinda saw it as a badge of honour that they weren't in it) however, it means sort of a mainstream acceptance of their success. It doesn't mean that they are now to be considered 'peers' to Madonna, Public Enemy or Kenny G (not sure if he's in there but you get the point lol)... it means that the 'establishment' had to bend to public and fan out cry.

Plus, when Grohl asked 'when the XXXX did Rush become cool?' was IMO better than the induction. Why? Because the Foos are a highly commercially successful band. LOADS of people love the Foos and perhaps Foo fans would wonder about Dave's question and the fact that he and taylor are big Rush fans, might mean a lot of people give Rush a chance (or a second chance in some cases), give them a listen and perhaps become fans themselves.

Like Goobs said, it's also vindication for all the slings and arrows we've ALL endured when the 'cool kids' haranged us for being Rush fans. Hell, I've never even played Snakes and Ladders or been in the AV club or math club. :laughing guy: To me, their induction just means that they have a bunch more mainstream media exposure that may make some people take a listen to their mustic and finally wake up to the fact that we've all known for years... that Rush ROCKS!

I met up with ILSnwdog. We put $100 in the jukebox and played Rush the entire night while drinking heavily. Then we went to a nearby car dealership, pissed on a few gleaming alloy air cars and stole one of the 10 Barchettas they had in stock.

I met up with ILSnwdog. We put $100 in the jukebox and played Rush the entire night while drinking heavily. Then we went to a nearby car dealership, pissed on a few gleaming alloy air cars and stole one of the 10 Barchettas they had in stock.

You forgot to mention that before we went out, you helped me shave my back so I wouldn't look like a freak when I wore that backless dress. :coy:

Mostly I just sat around with my pants off.

You're so lucky. My wife won't let me do that anymore. I always left skid marks on the couch. :(

You went all the way to Ohio for this? :huh: