Rush will only play 2 songs for RRHOF—Toronto Sun

I am seriously hoping we get Tom Sawyer and Headlong Flight. But I'm guessing its TS and TSOR.

Yeah, good luck w/ that. LOL Personally I'd love to see LVS and YYZ, but the odds of that happening are about as good as those for the Buffalo Bills winning a Super Bowl this year.

I have to guess that if it's a song off of CAs it'll be The Wreckers. And it could be. TS and The Wreckers. Not a bad call actually. You have to remember tho that it's going to be two of their more popular mainstream tunes.

I'm still thinking that they do their first mainstream hit, which is Working Man, and still thinking that it's impossible for them not to play what is likely easily their most recognizable tune, TS.

Wingmaster's odds:

TS/WM 50%

TS/Limelight 20%

TS/Time-Stand-Still 20%

TS/Song-off-of-CAs 10%

non-TS ... all but nil

The logic is that TS is a must and that there are good reasons, lyrically apropos, to include TSS or Limelight, or a song off the new album for obvious reasons. Working Man spans the entire time that they've been recognized tho.

Edited by Wingmaster

Anyone know of a way to watch this ceremony online? I did that a few years ago when Van Halen was inducted. I found a link to watch online live. I don't know if I can wait until May 18th for HBO.

:haz: :rush: :haz:

really wish they'd play tai shan or some shit just as a f**k you to the hall of fame

and then they all strip naked and have "JANN WENNER SUCKS" shaved in their ass hair

Nice avatar, bathory! Not too many people with a future Baldrick around here!

My guess is TSOR and Limelight

Tom Sawyer's got to be one of them so I'm thinking TS and Limelight.

Other 2013 inductees include Heart, Randy Newman, Public Enemy, the late disco queen Donna Summer and the late blues guitarist Albert King, as well as producers Lou Adler and Quincy Jones, the latter two recipients of the Ahmet Ertegun Award for Lifetime Achievement.

I would love to see them play Roll The Bones featuring Chuck D on the rap. Honestly I think that would be awesome.

My guess is TSOR and Limelight

Tom Sawyer's got to be one of them so I'm thinking TS and Limelight.

Completely agree. Not sure that they get away w/o playing TS. I have to guess that when anyone mentions RUSH, that the first song that comes to mind for more people than any other is TS.

They're going to go pop-mainstream for this high-profile scrawny event.

"A couple" in Canadian means 3-5. :outtahere:

Tom Sawyer and TSOR. Not very inspired. They could have rehearsed a medley.

The RRHOF should open the damn show with RUSH playing TSOR and then let RUSH play TS + 2 others.

And somehow I picture all the Donna Summer fans and Public Enemy Posse sitting in their seats, arms crossed or worse, talking and texting, while Geddy sings the chorus to TSOR.

I have a feeling Alex and Geddy are going to feel like they're back at the Sadie Hawkins dance.

• Like 1

They should play Smoke on the Water and Rock and Roll all Night.

I don't think they can handle the complexity of a song like Rock and Roll All Night...

I'd bet on Tom Sawyer and TSOR from the "obvious" remark. If not TSOR then it would be Subdivisions I'd think.

TSOR is their most played song, so maybe that's right.

My thinking is that they'd play something that put 'em on the map so to speak, and that would have to be Working Man or at least a song from their first few albums. WM is the oldest tune that anyone knows and Geddy can still sing the damn thing. I'd say 2112, but that's too broken up unless they play the whole thing and then too long for an induction type event. They're also going to be songs that even non-Rush fans will recognize easily.

Some of those early songs Geddy just can't properly hit the high notes anymore. Fly By Night would be a disaster live today as would a number of other songs. They can always do one of their tricked-up versions of WM too.

Who knows, but I guess we'll find out soon and presumably the performance will be on YouTube shortly afterwards for those that don't have the time or money to travel that far for a pair of songs that will likely be short ones.

We should run a pool here. $10 per entry. winners take all. Guess which two songs in order. Money goes to a front row(s) ticket(s) purchase at the upcoming venue of their choice.

Edited by Wingmaster

I'd bet on Tom Sawyer and TSOR from the "obvious" remark. If not TSOR then it would be Subdivisions I'd think.

TSOR is their most played song, so maybe that's right.

Has tSoR officially taken over In The Mood as the most played song??