2nd best drummer ever!!!!!

gtbos

went to see carl palmer at the coachouse in san juan capastrano,ca...friday night.great show,all instrumental set with bass and guitar players..he was signing autographs and taking pics.tour just started go to carlpalmer.com for info you will not be dissappointed very powerful drummer......... :spitwater:

I saw ELP in Thunder Bay back in the mid-90's. Carl Palmer was insane... I hate to admit it, but he could out-play Neil to death. His technique, speed and showmanship is astonishing.

I saw ELP in Thunder Bay back in the mid-90's. Carl Palmer was insane... I hate to admit it, but he could out-play Neil to death. His technique, speed and showmanship is astonishing.

Had tix to see ELP at Humphrey's By The Bay in San Diego in like the early to mid 90s and the tour got cancelled cuz either Keith Emerson or Greg Lake broke his hand (can't remember which one). I never saw them back in the 70s nor had my ex-wife and we were both very much looking forward to it especially considering the venue (smaller and quite a beautiful setting). Did see Keith opening for The Scorpions (!!) in Portland in like '06. He was excellent!

On a technical level Palmer is wayyyy above Peart (I really don't understand how some fail to comprehend that!) but I never cared for him much as a groove player. I think he was absolutely incredible in ELP, but put him in Asia and his playing just sounds... awkward to me. Just listen to the studio version of Heat of the Moment - his timing is all over the place. In fact I'm surprised that take even made the cut! Sorry if this sounds like a rant - it's just a little observation.

went to see carl palmer at the coachouse in san juan capastrano,ca...friday night.great show,all instrumental set with bass and guitar players..he was signing autographs and taking pics.tour just started go to carlpalmer.com for info you will not be dissappointed very powerful drummer......... :spitwater:

Great catch, Palmer's among the more overlooked drummers IMO.

I saw his band about 7 years ago and met him after. Super nice guy and a Top Notch Drummer . I Love Neil but there is really no contest here

I saw ASIA last November, his solo was Awsome!

How was Wetton's voice?

I have trouble imagining Asia being able to perform their songs well w/ Wetton's voice today.

Love Asia, among may favorites, but I'm not seeing it.

He actually sounded pretty good.

What does that even mean--"outplay"?

How would he "outplay" Neil?

Just watched a Carl Palmer solo (very recent video) on Youtube. Uninspired, lacking any real musical quality, just fast and furious (and sloppy) noise and cross sticking.

Google"fasted drummer" and you'll find 100s of clips of guys and girls will all kinds of skills and speed.... but no ability to make music with their drum kids.

What does that even mean--"outplay"?

How would he "outplay" Neil?

Just watched a Carl Palmer solo (very recent video) on Youtube. Uninspired, lacking any real musical quality, just fast and furious (and sloppy) noise and cross sticking.

Google"fasted drummer" and you'll find 100s of clips of guys and girls will all kinds of skills and speed.... but no ability to make music with their drum kids.

Yea, Carl Palmer Sucks!

Saw Tool back in January last year. Danny Carey blew my mind with his techniques and rhythm.. I'd say he's the 2nd best drummer.