Wow, I am in love with ABBA!!!

bluesbreaker

ABBA IS AMAZING. Yes.

The other day, Lucy refused to get up from her nap. I played Take A Chance On me at top volume, grabbed her toy microphone and rocked that shiiiiii hahaha.

...woke her up pretty fast, she was kinda angry lmao.

Hahaha, you just made me think of when I shared an apartment years ago, with the drummer from my band. He's an early riser while I'm the sleep late type of person, so he would put an 80s song on full blast, enter my room Kramer style in the most ridiculous outfit and drag me out. We then got the habit of doing the most ugly aerobics with that song blasting from the speakers. You might be dizzy the first 30 seconds, but it quickens you up faster than a strong brew of coffee :D :dweez: :chickendance:

lmao nice!!!! hahaha "kramer style"- in my family, we have a point system for good jokes (bad jokes or questionable comments get negative points lol) - YOU, sir, are awarded 50 for that mental image hahaha. ;)

And the points really don't mean much. haha.

sounds like quite the spectacle! That would make me a morning person, i think!

Yay! 50 points! :D

I tell you, I'm just glad smartphones and Youtube weren't around back then! Phew ;)

• Like 1

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/7/4/6/this_thread_wont_die.jpg

Like your VT horseshit.

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather listen to Abba any day of the week over VT, but still... It's Abba!

http://img.pandawhale.com/65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR.gif

What's next, TRF rockers pledging their love to The Backstreet Boys? The Spice Girls? Justin Beiber? Yanni? Loverboy? Hannah Montana?

Seriously...

http://i.qkme.me/3rh1v2.jpg

THIS TRF-er is pledging her love for NSYNC, started at ten years old and you bet all these years later I still like them hahaha.

One of the greatest bands in the world.

I've started many ABBA threads on here over the years. They rule.

Did you know that when ABBA was in their prime they made more money than the Volvo Corporation.

They were offered 500,000,000 to do a reunion. They turned it down!

• Like 1

One of the greatest bands in the world.

I've started many ABBA threads on here over the years. They rule.

Did you know that when ABBA was in their prime they made more money than the Volvo Corporation.

They were offered 500,000,000 to do a reunion. They turned it down!

I know you have and I miss you on these threads. Yeah they're well past that reunion shit now.

Damn my skybox decides to give up just before the Agnetha doc, oh well :(

ABBA and Rush are about equal in my world. Add The Beatles, Lacuna Coil and Fleetwood Mac to that same list.

O my days, I love me some ABBA!

The Visitors is an amazing song.

Thanks!

Did anyone here realise that Ld Zeppelin wre hugeuABBA fans and that they recorded one of their later albums at Polar Music studios, ABBA's self made recording studio?

I refused to listen to haters. ABBA are AMAZING! On the same level as The Beatles, imo possibly even better...

• Like 1

Thanks!

Did anyone here realise that Ld Zeppelin wre hugeuABBA fans and that they recorded one of their later albums at Polar Music studios, ABBA's self made recording studio?

I refused to listen to haters. ABBA are AMAZING! On the same level as The Beatles, imo possibly even better...

I LOVE THE PASSION! Good man. The Visitors is a f***ing astonishing tune.

I'm glad you lov the passion!

I also love Toto...

(Awaiting the hatemail)

I LOVE TOTO! But yeah...I feel like I shouldn't. Fahrenheit and Tambu are two of my all time favourite albums.

However, as for The Eagles...I don't get it. The music is so lifeless! I try, but unlike Fleetwood Mac, they have no pesonality! And the music always sounds like someone is performing in another room. Nah, not my cup of tea.

Back to ABBA...Anyone heard Watch Out? ABBA could do rock surprisingly adequately...hardly up to Rush or Led Zep standards ( Rock me is a disgusting attemp at rock), but this song has good energy and decent riffs...and Bjorn is quite aggressive vocally!

I'm glad you lov the passion!

I also love Toto...

(Awaiting the hatemail)

Each to their own, except The Eagles.

I'm no fan of Toto, but Rosanna, Africa & Hold The Line were part of the soundtrack to my formative years.

Leave The Eagles alone! :nya nya:

This needs a bump because they rule and wtf are you Goobs, this thread misses you! :eh: :hail:

• Like 2

Steven Wilson is a big fan of ABBA.

I've heard a bootleg where he terms Björn as one of the best songwriters on earth and a big influence for himself. After the announcement he plays an outstanding acoustic version of The Day Before You Came.

I've heard a bootleg where he terms Björn as one of the best songwriters on earth and a big influence for himself. After the announcement he plays an outstanding acoustic version of The Day Before You Came.

I must hear that. Thanks.

I must hear that. Thanks.

I've done a small research but I can't find the right boot. I found 2 others with TDBYC on them, where he speaks of his all time favorite song ever.

10-09-2004 Steven Wilson with Ben Coleman - London, Mean Fiddler

12-03-2005 Steven Wilson - Philadelphia, Grape Street Pub

• Like 1