Wow, I am in love with ABBA!!!

bluesbreaker

ABBA is like The Beatles?!? Well, let's not get carried away. No question ABBA were influential and wrote some lovely songs. I love a well written song regardless of the genre and ABBA wrote some great ones, hence my love of some of their music.

But, The Beatles were The Beatles. They changed the course of popular music and were the standard bearers of a cultural change. Entire genres followed in their wake. Insomuch as there were four members of ABBA, they were from Europe and they sang pop tunes, yes they were like The Beatles.

I'm just sayin' ...

• Like 1

ABBA is like The Beatles?!? Well, let's not get carried away. No question ABBA were influential and wrote some lovely songs. I love a well written song regardless of the genre and ABBA wrote some great ones, hence my love of some of their music.

But, The Beatles were The Beatles. They changed the course of popular music and were the standard bearers of a cultural change. Entire genres followed in their wake. Insomuch as there were four members of ABBA, they were from Europe and they sang pop tunes, yes they were like The Beatles.

I'm just sayin' ...

LOL, I'm not about putting The Beatles on the pedestal of POPGOD worship either, they put out their fair-share of stinkers, make no mistake. I put Abba in the same league as The Beatles for a number of reasons, regardless of how historians view the Fab Four's legacy :sarcastic: You can easily include The Beach Boys on that same level while we're on the subject as well. And before the next wave, trolls (acting or not) can just.. . :nya nya: :moon:

Edited by Steevo

I'm just sayin' ...

LOL, I'm not about putting The Beatles on the pedestal of POPGOD worship either, they put out their fair-share of stinkers, make no mistake. I put Abba in the same league as The Beatles for a number of reasons, regardless of how historians view the Fab Four's legacy :sarcastic: You can easily include The Beach Boys on that same level while we're on the subject as well. And before the next wave, trolls (acting or not) can just.. . :nya nya: :moon:

How could one troll such statements? Putting Abba on the same level as The Beatles is such an obvious analogy that it's simply beyond reproach or condescension, not to mention sarcasm.

I'm just sayin' ...

How could one troll such statements? Putting Abba on the same level as The Beatles is such an obvious analogy that it's simply beyond reproach or condescension, not to mention sarcasm.

Ok, here's the thing. When all said and done whether you, oh mighty Goobs, loathe or love Abba is of zero relevance to me really. As far as I'm concerned they ARE on the same level as your precious Beatles for numerous reasons, YES REALLY!! :o All there is to say on the matter...nice playing, end of story, out :)

I'm just sayin' ...

Ok, here's the thing. When all said and done whether you, oh mighty Goobs, loathe or love Abba is of zero relevance to me really. As far as I'm concerned they ARE on the same level as your precious Beatles for numerous reasons, YES REALLY!! :o All there is to say on the matter...nice playing, end of story, out :)

It's all good. I'm just having some fun. If they make you as happy as The Beatles do, that's fine. Crazy, but fine. :P

I love ya even if you hate me! :cheers:

I realize there are a couple of old ABBA threads but I don't wanna resurrect them so here I am......

My musical taste gravitates towards classic rock and prog rock as all of you do. After I listened to Rush's Xanadu on the Tube I came across with the video of Dancing Queen and I decided to watch it closely. I was hooked. Then I clicked on an instrumental called Arrival.

Bang. Hit me like tons of bricks. So Rush is not the only guilty of the musical spell fell upon me for the past couple of months......

I am sure many people bash them because they were labeled as a disco band, but their music is way beyond most people's imagination. Their songs have tasty instrumentation and harmonies. Some of them even have proggy keyboards. Many rock and pop's who's who love ABBA. Blackmore once claimed that during a vacation all he listened was ABBA. Steve Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt are ABBA fanboys. Speaking of Akerfeldt, he is such a lucky bastard!

http://www.straight.com/music/opeth-records-its-heritage-abbas-former-studio

I really think that ABBA had that X factor that was right on par with that of Elvis, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, etc......

Oh, this Yngwie cover of ABBA is KILLEEEEER!!!!!

Holy Shit, for a second I thought this thread was written by me a few years ago!!

Are you kidding me?

ABBA RULES!!!

Even GHOST LOVES THEM!

• Like 1

I realize there are a couple of old ABBA threads but I don't wanna resurrect them so here I am......

My musical taste gravitates towards classic rock and prog rock as all of you do. After I listened to Rush's Xanadu on the Tube I came across with the video of Dancing Queen and I decided to watch it closely. I was hooked. Then I clicked on an instrumental called Arrival.

Bang. Hit me like tons of bricks. So Rush is not the only guilty of the musical spell fell upon me for the past couple of months......

I am sure many people bash them because they were labeled as a disco band, but their music is way beyond most people's imagination. Their songs have tasty instrumentation and harmonies. Some of them even have proggy keyboards. Many rock and pop's who's who love ABBA. Blackmore once claimed that during a vacation all he listened was ABBA. Steve Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt are ABBA fanboys. Speaking of Akerfeldt, he is such a lucky bastard!

http://www.straight.com/music/opeth-records-its-heritage-abbas-former-studio

I really think that ABBA had that X factor that was right on par with that of Elvis, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, etc......

Oh, this Yngwie cover of ABBA is KILLEEEEER!!!!!

Holy Shit, for a second I thought this thread was written by me a few years ago!!

Are you kidding me?

ABBA RULES!!!

Even GHOST LOVES THEM!

Are you the legendary Earl?

If so, that's awesome! The party just got started! Yeah! :7up:

.....and I forgot to say that 2 of the most memorable anthems were made in Sweden! One is Europe's Final Countdown, and the other is......well you should know by now! It's on page 3! :D

You're not really trying to gain credibility in this thread by referencing The Final Countdown, are you? :unsure:

.....and I forgot to say that 2 of the most memorable anthems were made in Sweden! One is Europe's Final Countdown, and the other is......well you should know by now! It's on page 3! :D

You're not really trying to gain credibility in this thread by referencing The Final Countdown, are you? :unsure:

Even I winced a bit, and I'm a shameless hussy.

Sorry yea it is The Final Countdown, I just missed the word "THE". That's all.

I am not trying to gain anything, just having a little bit of fun like you're doing, ya know? :cool:

I am not trying to gain anything, just having a little bit of fun like you're doing, ya know? :cool:

It's all good! :cheers:

Even when the discussion gets heated and I know I'm being an opinionated bastard, I really don't take it seriously. We are, after all, only discussing opinions about music - it's not ultimately important in the general scheme of things. ;)

• Like 1

It's all good! :cheers:

Even when the discussion gets heated and I know I'm being an opinionated bastard, I really don't take it seriously. We are, after all, only discussing opinions about music - it's not ultimately important in the general scheme of things. ;)

CHeers dude! :cheers: :Neil:

Oh Lord, this thread again? :unsure:

Rather this than those threads of yours that YOU bump, you mad old hippie.

You mean threads about music that doesn't suck? :huh:

:P

:unsure:

Yeah, whatever. Please give us another HUGE list. They're SO interesting. And then bump it in 6 months time. Coz it's THAT interesting. Hippie. :codger: :smoke: :ph34r:

Yeah, whatever. Please give us another HUGE list. They're SO interesting. And then bump it in 6 months time. Coz it's THAT interesting. Hippie. :codger: :smoke: :ph34r:

Will do! :yes:

Will do! :yes:

Oh how bout instead you go have this ear sex your pushing on the board lately. Must you let all your freak flags fly here?

:LOL:

Who posted in: Wow, I am in love with ABBA!!...

Member name Posts rushgoober 25

I am always amused when someone hates a band so much that they dominate the thread about them.

I'm sure he's getting his jollies most of all. Brown arms Goober, but he's alright, just likes to stir it from time to time. He really doesn't hate them that much. The only thing to really hate is hate in this world :smoke: