13 - Best Song From Presto

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1079 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Show Don't Tell
    • Chain Lightning
    • The Pass
    • War Paint
    • Scars
    • Presto
    • Superconductor
    • Anagram (For Mongo)
    • Red Tide
    • Hand Over Fist
    • Available Light

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 6 2008, 12:13 PM)
The Pass gets the vote.

I couldn't believe it when they brought this one back to the live set in 2002.

Available Light is a close second.

laugh.gif

Ditto, ditto, ditto, freakin' ditto!!!!

I love the pass smile.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 28 2009, 02:31 PM)
SCARS

Though I'd like to give a serious nod of approval to both CHAIN LIGHTNING and AVAILABLE LIGHT.

These two songs are amazing, and I would love to see them both played live someday!!

we definitely have similar tastes, ED smile.gif

Chain Lightning and AL go back and forth for me as 'the favorite' (I picked Chain Lightning today)

Scars wasn't initially a favorite, but it was a big surprise on the '89 tour - blew me away, found a new appreciation for it

Scars is simply emotionally moving to me for some reason. It might be the keyboard line, but when I heard it live in Alphine Vally 90, I was simply stunned. Its wierd for me to explain, ya know?

Tough one.

I picked The Pass, but I LOVE...

Presto

Anagram (For Mongo)

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

Just something special in all those songs. The ending moments to Presto always get to me. The sound of Alex's guitar is very nice, the lyrics, everything. Whew. smile.gif

Anagram... Never really understood the full concept, I mean, I know what an anagram is, but... I dunno. I just love how he sings throughout the song. The chorus is so peaceful sounding!

Red Tide has a cool groove to it. I love the keyboard in it. Lyrics are pretty sweet, too. Near the middle of the song, I guess? "Now's the time to make the time, while hope is still in sight." Just a strong statement to me. Everything around that part of the song is my favorite!

Hand Over Fist... Love a lot of the lyrics.

"How can we ever agree? Like the rest of the world, we grow farther apart. I swear you don't listen to me, holding my hand to my heart, holding my fist to my racing heart."

And Available Light, well... What can I say? It's Available Light! 'Nough said!

I just love the whole album. I guess I could say something great about all the songs. The bass in Show Don't Tell during that instrumental section is really something.

Gah, look what you guys did to me. All this talk about Presto songs made me put the album on. tongue.gif

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jun 15 2009, 06:30 PM)
Tough one.

I picked The Pass, but I LOVE...

Presto
Anagram (For Mongo)
Red Tide
Hand Over Fist
Available Light

Just something special in all those songs. The ending moments to Presto always get to me. The sound of Alex's guitar is very nice, the lyrics, everything. Whew. smile.gif

Anagram... Never really understood the full concept, I mean, I know what an anagram is, but... I dunno. I just love how he sings throughout the song. The chorus is so peaceful sounding!

Red Tide has a cool groove to it. I love the keyboard in it. Lyrics are pretty sweet, too. Near the middle of the song, I guess? "Now's the time to make the time, while hope is still in sight." Just a strong statement to me. Everything around that part of the song is my favorite!

Hand Over Fist... Love a lot of the lyrics.
"How can we ever agree? Like the rest of the world, we grow farther apart. I swear you don't listen to me, holding my hand to my heart, holding my fist to my racing heart."

And Available Light, well... What can I say? It's Available Light! 'Nough said!

I just love the whole album. I guess I could say something great about all the songs. The bass in Show Don't Tell during that instrumental section is really something.

Gah, look what you guys did to me. All this talk about Presto songs made me put the album on. tongue.gif

Good to see Presto getting some praise. Seems it's a rare thing among fans, especially at TRF.

trink39.gif

(Still working on getting a sig idea to you... smile.gif )