Muse gave shout out to Rush last night at ACC, YYZ teaser

barney_rebel

Yeah, one of the guys I work with came into my office today to tell me about it, and said something about them playing a bit of YYZ? He also said the band is definitely worth checking out... says they're amazing.
  • Like 1

I saw them in Australia and they closed the set with AC/DC´s Back in Black, with the singer of Jet on vocals. Really cool! I´m not a big fan of their latest album, but I´d definitely check them out again if they came to my area.

They greeted Toronto, kicked in YYZ, stopped at the intro and the singer said "Sorry, that's all we know. Shout out to Geddy Lee!"

Great show, highly recommend seeing this band live if you haven't.

If someone has a video of that, please post it, it'd be cool to see. I know next to nothing about Muse, but still it'd be cool.

Muse is basically a modern RUSH. Not in the sense of talent, but in a sense of a new trio band who is making great strides in technology with the instruments they play. The singer has a wicked voice, too. Very awesome band. The fact they love RUSH makes me like them even more. And their bassist has some weird bass touchpad, too. It's really cool looking!
  • Like 2

I was there! Muse is awesome. This was posted on youtube. (the sound was much better in person - it really sounded like YYZ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPeooA5oVk8

It took me a while to like their latest album, The 2nd Law, but I like it now.

Hmmm, the description of the event in the OP was more interesting than seeing the actual event. Oh well, still a nice tribute...

I really liked Muse before they were Queen.

They had a fantastic 3-album run with Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and then the amazing Black Holes and Revelations. And it's not like their latest two albums, The Resistance and The Second Law, are bad. They're really solid pieces of music. But they have these moments where they sound like a different band so much that it takes me out of the music entirely.

Lot of respect for them still. Definitely a Top 10 band for me due to that 3-album run. xD

Edited by New World Kid