RRHOF Inductions Performance Predictions.

ThinkingBig

List your thoughts and predictions according to these three categories;

#1 PREDICTABLE SCENARIOS: obvious choices in terms of performance time allotted and the notion of playing popular (well-known) songs representative of the band's career. *list your predictions for both the band's performance and the 'jam' finale.

# 2 INTERESTING POSSIBILITIES: considering their talent, their Canadian politeness, their sense of humor, and their openness to trying new things, list your ideas or predictions about something that might happen with RUSH and other inductees or presenters at the show.

# 3 TOTALLY COOL BUT UNLIKELY: List the wild ideas you'd like to pitch to the producers of the show.

MY PREDICTABLE SCENARIOS:

RUSH plays some combination of the following:

*The Spirit of Radio

*Limelight

*Tom Sawyer

*Closer to the Heart

*Working Man (unlikely because of length)

RUSH plays an instrumental medley including:

*Portions of

*La Villa

After the instrumental medley RUSH finishes their performance set with 1-2 full versions of:

*Tom Sawyer

*The Spirit of the Radio

—including both Limelight and Tom Sawyer are unlikely as they are from the same album. And Working Man is a long song, trimming the guitar solos would be gutting it

RUSH + Heart play in the finale jam:

*Any Led Zeppelin Song

*Any song from a shared influence

*Hotel California w/ Henley - Nancy Wilson, Alex, and Dave Grohl on the guitars.

__**__**__**

MY INTERESTING POSSIBILITES:

Rush plays a version of their

:

2112 (Overture)

Finding My Way (no singing)

Anthem (no singing)

La Villa

Tom Sawyer or other MP song (Geddy Sings)

The Spirit of Radio (Geddy Sings)

RUSH + Public Enemy do a mashup of Tom Sawyer - the one Rush song that translates to that style. (I think the Beastie Boys did a version.) The lyrics and attitude lend themselves to the Public Enemy style, Neil and Ged could get a grove going...could be interesting.

If HEART is inducted last, then the finale could begin with RUSH joining them on stage for Crazy on You, Alex on electric, Nancy on acoustic.

If RUSH is inducted last, then the finale could being with Heart and possibly others joining them on stage for Limelight, Ann Wilson / Travis singing.

__**__**__**

MY TOTALLY COOL BUT UNLIKELY:

• RUSH opens the show with The Spirit of Radio.
  • RUSH opens the show with Limelight.
  • RUSH finishes their set with Headlong Flight with the extended drum solo.
  • RUSH finishes their set with YYZ with the latest drum solo from the CA tour.

• The Police opens the RUSH induction set with a Reggae version of Working Man that morphs into the hard version when RUSH appears on stage. Copeland's drum kit spins around, revealing the NP kit.
  • Metallica opens the RUSH induction with an unannounced appearance, playing 2112 Overture and Temples.
  • RUSH concludes their induction set with Closer to the Heart, Alex introducing the band and doing a classic rant about hanging with Flavor Flav and Randy Newman.

• Special recognition is given to Neil Peart as the greatest living Rock Drummer. Phil Colins and Stewart Copeland announce a special exhibit to open in the RRHOF which will feature the classic N. Peart, K. Moon, & J. Bonham drum kits displayed on a giant turntable with hologram drummers playing famous solos.

• Neil Peart joins Public Enemy for their entire set, doing mini-solos and groves throughout.
  • Alex wears a Flavor Flav Clock during the finale.

• The Grande Finale of the show is a Spirit of Radio jam with Randy Newman on keyboards, Nancy Wilson singing a verse or a chorus, Don Henley playing a tambourine.
  • The Grande Finale of the show is Led Zeppelin's Rock & Roll with Dave Grohl, Travis Taylor Hawkins, and Neil playing drums in synch, but the boys defer to the master, the professor, Pratt for the outro drum solo.

Lastly, Rush should announce they are donating to the RRHOF the guitar urinated on by Joan Jett.

• Like 1

I will be very very very surprised if we DON'T hear Headlong Flight.

Interesting.

I agree it's an incredible song that thematically and musically reflects on their amazing career.

Fans and non-fans would be blown away.

But the producers of the show are going to try to steer them away from newer material.

My dream four-song set would be

The Big Money

Marathon

Dreamline

The Spirit of Radio

but there is no chance of that happening though is there. I am pretty confident about hearing TSOR and the other 3 all would be possible contenders if they did a medly. Particularily Marathon would be a great commentary on they held out all these years and now are finaly being inducted

I had another though, not sure if this goes under obvious or unlikely.

If they did perform some version of the R30 Overture Medley, Taylor or Dave could sing some of the older stuff:

Finding My Way (Taylor)

Anthem

Bastille Day

Passage to Bankok

....(transition to)

La Villa

The Spirit of Radio

Check out Taylor Hawkins singing at the Led Zep Kennedy Center Honors. (about 7:10)

I had another though, not sure if this goes under obvious or unlikely.

If they did perform some version of the R30 Overture Medley, Taylor or Dave could sing some of the older stuff:

Finding My Way (Taylor)

Anthem

Bastille Day

Passage to Bankok

....(transition to)

La Villa

The Spirit of Radio

Check out Taylor Hawkins singing at the Led Zep Kennedy Center Honors. (about 7:10)

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

No Way!!! This is Rush's moment, not Taylor or Dave's!!!

:madra:

The Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

What would I like to see?

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

That would be the kill and a perfect representation of their glorious and still amazing career.

I mentioned this before, but have Chris Cornell sing 2112 (Temples).

No offense to Chris Cornell fans, but for some reason I have always loathed his voice. It's so ... grating.

I guess I know how the non-Ged fans feel lol

The Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

That would be the kill and a perfect representation of their glorious and still amazing career.

I don't think thats actually that good of a career representation, every song is from their second (and most popular era), all the songs you chose were written within three years of eachother and don't reflect their 40 year + career. To represent their span of work, they should probably look at playing (Working man or Fly By Night or 2112), (Tom Sawyer or TSOR Or Closer to the Heart), (Subdivisions or The Big Money or Distant Early Warning), (Dreamline or Roll the Bones or Show don't Tell), and (Far Cry or Headlong Flight or One Little Victory)

Without having a medley (and guessing they have only 10-15 minutes of performance time), I'd go with the 2112 Overture, Tom Sawyer, and Headlong Flight. Imho, it really would be the best representation of their work within a short period of time....2 crucially important songs that contributed to their legacy, and the 3rd which shows where they actually are now.

I'm not saying it will happen or that I even want these particular 3 played but I do think it'd be a smart (and feisty) selection.

The Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I don't think thats actually that good of a career representation, every song is from their second (and most popular era), all the songs you chose were written within three years of eachother and don't reflect their 40 year + career. To represent their span of work, they should probably look at playing (Working man or Fly By Night or 2112), (Tom Sawyer or TSOR Or Closer to the Heart), (Subdivisions or The Big Money or Distant Early Warning), (Dreamline or Roll the Bones or Show don't Tell), and (Far Cry or Headlong Flight or One Little Victory)

I agree with this.

I watched the SARStock performance and it's certainly what a mainstream fan would call their "Greatest Hits" or most popular radio songs, however a real representation of their career would have to touch on something from the 70's.

2112 is the work that always gets mentioned in biographies, which is funny because 2112 never got played on L.A. rock radio back in the day (KLOS / KMET). I think the first time I heard 2112 (Overture/Temples) was on that mid-80s heavy metal station KNAC-- some late-night DJ got the balls to play it.

Anyway, I digress, but a 3-song set representative of their career is IMPOSSIBLE for RUSH. If they play TS and TSOR in their entirety, that's almost the entire set. I suggested a medley like the RTB tour medley or the R30 medley. Since Geddy didn't sing (except for Oh Yeah!!) on the R30 medley, I suggested having Taylor Hawkins or Dave Grohl sing some parts of Finding my Way, Anthem, Bangkok. If they did a version of the R30 Medley, I would suggest replacing the Hemispheres stuff with part of La Villa then breaking into TSOR and rapping up with TS.

Though I'm still wondering if RUSH wouldn't gratefully allow Public Enemy to have some fun with TS. Although it's their most well-known and iconic songs, they should look for a way to not perform it as a way of saying "We're way more that just this one song."

The Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I agree with this.

I watched the SARStock performance and it's certainly what a mainstream fan would call their "Greatest Hits" or most popular radio songs, however a real representation of their career would have to touch on something from the 70's.

2112 is the work that always gets mentioned in biographies, which is funny because 2112 never got played on L.A. rock radio back in the day (KLOS / KMET). I think the first time I heard 2112 (Overture/Temples) was on that mid-80s heavy metal station KNAC-- some late-night DJ got the balls to play it.

Anyway, I digress, but a 3-song set representative of their career is IMPOSSIBLE for RUSH. If they play TS and TSOR in their entirety, that's almost the entire set. I suggested a medley like the RTB tour medley or the R30 medley. Since Geddy didn't sing (except for Oh Yeah!!) on the R30 medley, I suggested having Taylor Hawkins or Dave Grohl sing some parts of Finding my Way, Anthem, Bangkok. If they did a version of the R30 Medley, I would suggest replacing the Hemispheres stuff with part of La Villa then breaking into TSOR and rapping up with TS.

Though I'm still wondering if RUSH wouldn't gratefully allow Public Enemy to have some fun with TS. Although it's their most well-known and iconic songs, they should look for a way to not perform it as a way of saying "We're way more that just this one song."

That's all well and good.

But let's be real for moment. Without Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures......we are not having this conversation about the RRHOF which to be honest I could give a rats ass about anyway. Rush is my all time favorite band (obviously) and RRHOF is nothing but a farce for the most part.

Those I mentioned are probably some of the most popular songs in their vast and amazing catalog. Nothing can be a complete career representation...over 4 songs. But TSOR and TS are no doubt being played as those 2 songs are by far their most well known.....they throw in a instrumental like I expect it is YYZ.

Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures are the two most enduring an influential Rush albums along with 2112. Those 3 records are the absolute gold standard for Rush around the world. Heck maybe they play Overture, TS and TSOR....that would be cool. Or maybe they surprise the heck out of us.....I hope it is not as predictable as I think it will be.

Overture

Temples

TS

TSOR

There you go, a 70's song for the sensitive 70's Rush fans out there. ;)

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

I can see a huge jam with other musicians on a tune like Working Man.

Should be fun to see them tear up the stage with whatever they plan on playing.

So, first Ged will tell the world how this honor is for their loyal and dedicated fans who have followed them for nearly 4 decades. He will then grab his bass and join his mates in 3 songs that his loyal and dedicated fans want least to hear:

TSOR

Tom Sawyer

Limelight or YYZ or 2112/Priests

Mark my words, in 20 years only Metallica has broken the mold.

The Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I agree with this.

That's all well and good.

But let's be real for moment. Without Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures......we are not having this conversation about the RRHOF which to be honest I could give a rats ass about anyway. Rush is my all time favorite band (obviously) and RRHOF is nothing but a farce for the most part.

Those I mentioned are probably some of the most popular songs in their vast and amazing catalog. Nothing can be a complete career representation...over 4 songs. But TSOR and TS are no doubt being played as those 2 songs are by far their most well known.....they throw in a instrumental like I expect it is YYZ.

Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures are the two most enduring an influential Rush albums along with 2112. Those 3 records are the absolute gold standard for Rush around the world. Heck maybe they play Overture, TS and TSOR....that would be cool. Or maybe they surprise the heck out of us.....I hope it is not as predictable as I think it will be.

Overture

Temples

TS

TSOR

There you go, a 70's song for the sensitive 70's Rush fans out there. ;)

But what about those late 80s and 90s sensitive Rush Fans?

• Like 1

Disappointed with Alex's spoilers.

Not very inspired.

What did you expect from the RRHOF? They told the band "now guys....let's hear those hits" Kinda reminds me of that scene in the movie "The Doors" when they play sullivan and the program director goes to Jim Morrison....instead of saying Higher you can sing "baby you can't get much better".

LOL.

Anyway as expected we are getting the standard Rush trifecta that you hear on every radio station in North America. As predicted. But so what....they are going to kill it.

• Like 1

Not very inspired.

What did you expect from the RRHOF? They told the band "now guys....let's hear those hits" Kinda reminds me of that scene in the movie "The Doors" when they play sullivan and the program director goes to Jim Morrison....instead of saying Higher you can sing "baby you can't get much better".

LOL.

Anyway as expected we are getting the standard Rush trifecta that you hear on every radio station in North America. As predicted. But so what....they are going to kill it.

Well it looks like we're only getting two songs now. probably TS & TSOR. Hopefully the tribute band will play stuff we haven't heard in ages like Fly By Night & A Farewell to Kings. But probably not.

:codger:

Not very inspired.

LOL.

Well it looks like we're only getting two songs now. probably TS & TSOR. Hopefully the tribute band will play stuff we haven't heard in ages like Fly By Night & A Farewell to Kings. But probably not.

:codger:

If there even is a Tribute band.