Missed-Opportunity

losingit2k

Would it be a missed Opportunity  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If they don't play Tears, Nobody's Hero or Losing It with Strings

• Yes
    • No

I think it would be a missed opportunity by :rush: if they don't play either Losing It, Tears, or Nobody's Hero with Strings during the next leg. Who know when, if ever they bring along a string section on tour with them again? If it doesn't happen, I truly feel it a missed opportunity and I will cry my eyes out.

:boohoo:

• Like 1

Losing It is an awesome song that just begs to be played on this tour. But we can't have everything. :|
  • Like 2

Maybe :LOL:

Personally, the only one of those songs I'd want to hear is Tears.

Okay, now you're onto something. Come in with Tears after Neil's solo- just Geddy, mellotron, Alex's acoustic and strings.. segues into Losing It. :D Would be hard to replace Mink's solo though.

• Like 1

I think all three would be great w/ strings, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a lost opp, altho I do think that Losing It fits right in with the stuff off their new album musically.

I think that Losing it would be cool live w/ strings, then NH, then Tears, in that order w/ the latter two being a distant second. JMO

Consider tho, maybe that's what they do next go-round, eh? Bring an even bigger strings/orch section w/ them, fewer light props, more focus on the music, more instrumentals, and who knows, maybe they'll write The Silent Album or something for the tour which would be all instrumental.

They have so much more potential and IMO as long as they can find ways to tour they'll do it, and one of those is going to have to be overcoming Geddy's aging voice. Hey, age gets the best of everyone, eh.

Edited by Wingmaster
  • Like 1

I think "Nobody's Hero" is most likely to be played, though it probably won't be. "Losing It" or "Tears" would give me shivers, but I don't think that we'd ever hear them live (but hey, you never know). I personally think that "La Villa Strangiato" would sound amazing with strings. That has a better chance of being played than any of the other songs mentioned. But hey, a guy can dream, right?
  • Like 1

I remember when Ben Mink (the guy who played the violin solo in Losing It) was playing in a GREAT Toronto band called FM. There were some rumours going around Toronto just before the Signals show that Mink was going to play Losing It with Rush. Nope... would have been VERY cool though. FM did open for Rush a few times back in those days, so the rumour made some sense.
  • Like 1

I think "Nobody's Hero" is most likely to be played, though it probably won't be. "Losing It" or "Tears" would give me shivers, but I don't think that we'd ever hear them live (but hey, you never know). I personally think that "La Villa Strangiato" would sound amazing with strings. That has a better chance of being played than any of the other songs mentioned. But hey, a guy can dream, right?

Man, I can't agree w/ you on LVS more!! I'll pay to watch them play that a half dozen times in a row. One of my favorites of theirs.

I still say that Losing It would be greatly enhanced by strings tho to the point where the net effect would be most pronounced. It's a much quieter song that would let the strings contributed to it more relevantly thereby adding some real power. I'm not sure that the strings, while they would be cool, would enhance LVS nearly as much, eh.

I'm really hoping that they do something like this for their next tour. The other thing that it would do is to perhaps allow say some other "per-song" musicians pick-up some of the parts of their songs that they perform when "two hands" are required, thus allowing them to focus more on simply the parts that they play but making it a really cool Floyd-like sight/sound experience. Maybe even have some simple, yet large, light props like P.U.L.S.E.

I love their current shows, but man, it's half mentally exhausting there's so much going on sometimes. I'm one of those that enjoys watching the instrumentalists primarily.

Anyway, IMO that would take a lot of the heat off of them and allow them to not get as exhausted themselves doing the tour.

Thoughts?

I remember when Ben Mink (the guy who played the violin solo in Losing It) was playing in a GREAT Toronto band called FM. There were some rumours going around Toronto just before the Signals show that Mink was going to play Losing It with Rush. Nope... would have been VERY cool though. FM did open for Rush a few times back in those days, so the rumour made some sense.

Is he still alive? Maybe he'll be in on the next tour.

I voted yes, but I don't think any of them will be on the next leg as I think songs like that would have been included from the start. There must be a reason they decided on what they did for that segment of the show. The alternates will likely be first set tunes I think. I guess the good news is I do get to hear Rush play those songs, every time I put on the record, and that always feels great.
  • Like 1

La Villa would be great with string specially in the slower lead part!

:codger:

Is he still alive? Maybe he'll be in on the next tour.

He did a lot of work with K.D.Lang, collaborated with Geddy on MFH, co-produced a Heart album, and provided some of the strings arrangements on S & A's Faithless. I wouldn't really want (or even remotely expect) to hear Faithless live with the orchestra and Mink but it seems far more likely than Tears or some of the other tunes mentioned.

• Like 1