Board Emails

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Board Emails  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Question 1: If you subscribe to board emails, are you getting them?

• YES, I get all the board emails I'm supposed to be getting (please also vote in Question 2)
    • NO, I'm not getting any board emails at all, and I should be (please also choose the last poll option in Question 2)
    • I get some emails, but not all (specify which)
  2. 2. Question 2: If you ARE receiving emails from TRF, which email service are you using?

• @gmail.com
    • @aol.com
    • @yahoo.com
    • @msn.com
    • @hotmail.com
    • @hotmail.co.uk
    • @optonline.net
    • @roadrunner.com (or any of the @***.rr.com variants)
    • @sbcglobal.net
    • @bellsouth.net
    • @ymail.com
    • @aim.com
    • @sonic.net
    • @live.com
    • @comcast.net
    • @cox.net
    • @cogeco.ca
    • @rogers.com
    • @rocketmail.com
    • @grandecom.net
    • @shaw.ca
    • @hushmail.com
    • @me.com
    • @virginmedia.com
    • @tiscali.co.uk
    • @verizon.net
    • @btinternet.com
    • @att.net
    • @sasktel.net
    • @cableone.net
    • @windstream.net
    • @talktalk.net
    • @excite.com
    • @mindspring.com
    • @clearchannel.com
    • @earthlink.net
    • Other mainstream email servce (specify)
    • @*******.edu
    • Your work/company email (ex. @spacelysprokets.com)
    • I do NOT receive board emails, and I should

We made an adjustment. Some of you who weren't getting emails should be getting them now.

Something has been tweaked. I hadn't gotten any since the board update, then this morning I suddenly starting receiving them again.

Yep, we made a couple more tweaks today, too. Lots of people should be getting emails now. AOL needed to be contacted directly so they could whitelist us, so hopefully all the AOLers here will start to get emails soon.

Just for the record, I'm not using AOL. I don't want anyone here to think I am.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :LOL:

Yep, I use AOL's free email. I hadn't gotten any emails for I don't know how long. That includes email responses for my request of having my password sent to me. I've been requesting that for months. Every time I did, the site would respond, "an email with your password information has been sent to you. It should arrive in about 10 minutes. Sometimes faster" (or something like that.) The email never arrived. So while I've been reading posts for a long time as a "guest", I haven't been able to post. I tried to start a new account, but the site would only reply with, "that email account already exists" and I couldn't go any further. But today, 4/10/13, an email was finally there with the password info. Really happy to be back. (Not really understanding why having an AOL email account is "so yesterday". Maybe it is, but it's not something that really matters to me. However, if it was AOL that was screwing things up for me, then that's gonna make me think twice about it.) Thanks for getting me back on here!

Yep, I use AOL's free email. I hadn't gotten any emails for I don't know how long. That includes email responses for my request of having my password sent to me. I've been requesting that for months. Every time I did, the site would respond, "an email with your password information has been sent to you. It should arrive in about 10 minutes. Sometimes faster" (or something like that.) The email never arrived. So while I've been reading posts for a long time as a "guest", I haven't been able to post. I tried to start a new account, but the site would only reply with, "that email account already exists" and I couldn't go any further. But today, 4/10/13, an email was finally there with the password info. Really happy to be back. (Not really understanding why having an AOL email account is "so yesterday". Maybe it is, but it's not something that really matters to me. However, if it was AOL that was screwing things up for me, then that's gonna make me think twice about it.) Thanks for getting me back on here!

Did you ever try emailing the board for password help?

Finally started getting emails again the other day after a long absence. You guys must be hard at work! Did the upgrade with the new look or increased chat room capacity have anything to do with it? (Just miss the ampitheater logo with the spotlights on the changing album covers...LOL!!)

:ebert:

Edited by rushfanforever!

We made an adjustment. Some of you who weren't getting emails should be getting them now.

Something has been tweaked. I hadn't gotten any since the board update, then this morning I suddenly starting receiving them again.

Yep, we made a couple more tweaks today, too. Lots of people should be getting emails now. AOL needed to be contacted directly so they could whitelist us, so hopefully all the AOLers here will start to get emails soon.

There's nothing wrong with using AOL's email service. The browser on the other hand...

There's nothing wrong with using AOL's email service. The browser on the other hand...

Actually, after many years of using AOL's email, I'm starting to move away from it. Too slow, too many ads, and there were times where I wasn't getting some emails.

Anybody not on dialup who is still using AOL's browser needs to awake from their hibernation.

Finally started getting emails again the other day after a long absence. You guys must be hard at work! Did the upgrade with the new look or increased chat room capacity have anything to do with it? (Just miss the ampitheater logo with the spotlights on the changing album covers...LOL!!)

:ebert:

The new board did disrupt emails until this week. Took us a while to figure out the problem -- actually, it was a combination of a few problems. This poll helped figure it out (all the gmail and hotmail people getting emails while many others weren't).

We increased chat capacity over a month ago. It had no effect on anything else.

Actually, after many years of using AOL's email, I'm starting to move away from it. Too slow, too many ads, and there were times where I wasn't getting some emails.

Anybody not on dialup who is still using AOL's browser needs to awake from their hibernation.

It's been a while since I've dealt with AOL but can't you just use a client like outlook to retrieve the email for you without having to use AOL's crapware?

I was not getting any emails previously, I have just started to get them again.... a couple days ago

Some of us started getting them immediately after we made the changes. We knew it would take a while for some others. But damn, it took you a long time...

:LOL: Are there seriously people on here with an AOL email? I didn't even know the company still exists.

I use AOL. I've had the same email account since 1997. It's free, so why bother changing it? Then I would have to email everyone I know and let them know I have a new email address. That's a big pain in the ass. No thanks. I never knew that having the wrong email address was a faux pas. :wacko:

I was not getting any emails previously, I have just started to get them again.... a couple days ago

Some of us started getting them immediately after we made the changes. We knew it would take a while for some others. But damn, it took you a long time...

I'm in the same boat. I think I just started getting emails again a couple of days ago.

I'm in the same boat. I think I just started getting emails again a couple of days ago.

Well, that explains it...you guys are in the same boat! Boats don't have email... :eyeroll:

Well, that explains it...you guys are in the same boat! Boats don't have email... :eyeroll:

Ours does. Its a really nice boat.

Pics or it don't float.

Pics or it don't float.

http://h2oaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/fail-owned-best-failboat-ever-fail.jpg

Pics or it don't float.

http://h2oaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/fail-owned-best-failboat-ever-fail.jpg

That's a really nice boat.