Not Going This Year

geddyforlife

I just want to say that I am not going to see the guys this year in Ft. Lauderdale. It is NOT because of the setlist, or Ged's voice or anything about the band.

It simply because I can not afford the tickets this year.

Anyone else in my shoes?

Edited by geddyforlife

If you can afford it you should consider taking a $20 bill out to the parking lot just to see if anybody has an extra they'd be willing to slide your way on the cheap.

I've seen it happen many times.. it's worth a shot if you can swing it.

My sympathies to anyone and everyone in this boat. Hopefully we'll get them around for at least one more tour in a year and a half or two and you all can afford it then.

I know the feeling. I haven't been able to go to a lot of Gamecocks football games the past few years, due to the price of tickets. It's insane. I know how you feel.

But, someone always gets sick. Maybe someone on here will have an extra ticket and be gracious enough to take you. That would be cool in today's world.

I just want to say that I am not going to see the guys this year in Ft. Lauderdale. It is NOT because of the setlist, or Ged's voice or anything about the band.

Anyone else in my shoes?

Sorry to hear Brother! Hopefully, you'll be able to catch them next time around.

:hug2:

• Like 1

That was my GF and I on the last leg :( I've only seen them 3 times so I'm trying to squeeze in what I can, but the 6 hour trip to Seattle along with ticket prices just made it impossible to attend pretty much. Already got tickets for this leg in Portland though, 18th row!

That was my GF and I on the last leg :( I've only seen them 3 times so I'm trying to squeeze in what I can, but the 6 hour trip to Seattle along with ticket prices just made it impossible to attend pretty much. Already got tickets for this leg in Portland though, 18th row!

Nice!! What section, 101, 102 or 103? Have you seen this seating chart (VERY detailed.....zoom in, etc.)? http://sleepcountryamphitheater.com/amp-info/seat-layout/

Sorry to hear you have to pass on tix this time out. Gee, at these prices, the only people who will be able to afford to see Rush are a bunch of upper, middle-class white males......

Er, uhm, wait a minute. Then these high prices won't change a thing, right? :)

• Like 1

I decided against going to any shows on the first leg because of money, but I'm going this time. I haven't seen Rush since 1994, and my 40th birthday is this coming week, so I talked my wife into buying tickets for me as a birthday gift. (I actually didn't have to talk her into it- she thought it was a great idea). I'm taking a friend with me, and really looking forward to it!

Nice!! What section, 101, 102 or 103? Have you seen this seating chart (VERY detailed.....zoom in, etc.)? http://sleepcountrya...fo/seat-layout/

102. Not the 15th row I had for tmt leg 2, but I'm still stoked and its my gfs first show

Sorry to hear you have to pass on tix this time out. Gee, at these prices, the only people who will be able to afford to see Rush are a bunch of upper, middle-class white males......

I don't understand what that means? Sure, times are tough, and inflation is rampant, but one must prioritize and spend his money wisely. Doing so doesn't make one a country-club snob.

Went to Tampa show not going 2nd time because of the setlist, not worth the dough, and the drive to Orlando unless they make some changes.

Nice!! What section, 101, 102 or 103? Have you seen this seating chart (VERY detailed.....zoom in, etc.)? http://sleepcountrya...fo/seat-layout/

102. Not the 15th row I had for tmt leg 2, but I'm still stoked and its my gfs first show

We're also in 102, row P, seats 23-24. I'm REALLY tall (6'6") and my Mrs. is really NOT tall (5'2") and we're both older. I'll likely have an R30 shirt on. Please say 'hi' if you see us!

I'm not going for the first time since HYF.

I can afford the tickets, but since they're skipping California and Nevada, the travel/hotel costs push it over the edge. My wife said I could go if I wanted, but she wasn't going to go with me. I looked at Denver and Portland, but it just didn't come together. I'm really bummed, since the first leg was awesome.

Our daughter starts college this fall, and we really have to think things through.

fists%20crying.gif

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee_spray.gif

Sadly, I'm not going. I can afford it and they're coming real close, but I'm on vacation :( :(

Yeah, I almost had a similar thing happen. My niece is getting married the weekend of July 20th and in a town 375 miles from where I live which is also the town where the guys will perform (Portland). Fortunately, the show is July 28th so I lucked out. But I wasn't going to miss my niece's wedding no matter what. Sorry you're missing them this time around man.

Edited by driventotheedge

Anyone else in my shoes?

Yeah, we're really stretched too, but since we don't do anything else or travel anywhere, I took the plunge and went and took the family to see them.

I fully agree w/ the second post, just go to the arena and see what you can pick up last minute. A couple of fellas that met us there did that and they found out that new tix became available for FV at the box office. High up, but nonetheless, front row high up and good seats.

Unlike others here, I thought that this was their best show ever, of those that I've seen, insofar as the show went regardless of the playlists.

Last time in Ft. Lauderdale tickets were going for 20 bucks in the parking lot. I got 10th row for $70. Give it a shot.

Must have been brokers and aftermarket dealers w/ extras.

My experiences in the DC metro area are that unless they have some less at the BO, no one's selling. Unlike other concerts, Rush fans all go see the show.

I've walked into NFL games having gotten free tix and often $20 for fantastic seats down between the 30s and within 20 rows. Singles tho.

After seeing them 5 times already, and being pretty short on cash this time around, I was fully intending on skipping the boys Hamilton date this July. However, my uncle decided to surprise me and get me tickets for my birthday which was a very nice gesture!!!

After seeing them 5 times already, and being pretty short on cash this time around, I was fully intending on skipping the boys Hamilton date this July. However, my uncle decided to surprise me and get me tickets for my birthday which was a very nice gesture!!!

Your Uncle is a good man!