Sign ideas?

Strangiato

So I'm going to be near the front row for the first time and I figured at the end of the show it would be fun to hold up a sign for a few seconds ( of course after asking the people behind me ).

So, what would be fun for a sign?

"Smash Your Guitar, Pete!"

Holy shit, that was funny!! Alex would probably laugh his ass off if he saw that one!

• Like 1

How about this: PLAY THUNDER BAY (for the first time since '79!) Insert picture of Liam Birt standing at the back corner of the stage, rolling his eyes)...

Holy shit, that was funny!! Alex would probably laugh his ass off if he saw that one!

This one is certainly in the lead :P

Some venues don't allow signs so either check before or sneak it in!

The link below is me in Chicago holding up a sign (for brief periods!)...

http://www.rushshowphotos.com/Rush2012/Chicago/25393693_LCp8Sr#!i=2089457723&k=HGCfs4R

P.S. I didn't get a pick!

PLAY SOME SKYNYRD!!!!!

FREEBIRD!

• Like 2

Marry Me Geddy. :blush:

Here’s one:

Geddy, MARRY ME –

I’m a gangster, but I’m really not furious!

• Like 1

So does everybody know the story behind this one? Apparently at a recent Pete Townsend concert, a father brought his small daughter to the show. He held her up and had her hold a sign that said "Smash your guitar, Pete!". For whatever reason, this pissed Townsend off and he cursed at the father and his daughter. He later apologized.

Glad he apologized, but I thought that was kind of tacky. Then again, I haven't liked anything The Who have done, on or off the stage, since 1978.

Back to your original question. Nothing personal, but I would prefer that you don't bring a sign. I'm tired of not being able to see because of people holding up their signs and/or cell phones trying to get pictures. I realize that I'm trying to stop a dam by sticking my finger in a hole in the wall - but this is the reason why I don't buy floor seats anymore. That and the fact that I'd rather use that kind of money for, you know, a house payment or something.

Clem

• Like 2

So does everybody know the story behind this one? Apparently at a recent Pete Townsend concert, a father brought his small daughter to the show. He held her up and had her hold a sign that said "Smash your guitar, Pete!". For whatever reason, this pissed Townsend off and he cursed at the father and his daughter. He later apologized.

Glad he apologized, but I thought that was kind of tacky. Then again, I haven't liked anything The Who have done, on or off the stage, since 1978.

Back to your original question. Nothing personal, but I would prefer that you don't bring a sign. I'm tired of not being able to see because of people holding up their signs and/or cell phones trying to get pictures. I realize that I'm trying to stop a dam by sticking my finger in a hole in the wall - but this is the reason why I don't buy floor seats anymore. That and the fact that I'd rather use that kind of money for, you know, a house payment or something.

Clem

Clem

You can make a house payment for $140? I must be doing it wrong.

Clem

That's exactly why I got first row seats dead-center across the floor for the Baltimore show! Center two seats for my son and I, first row up off the floor.

I'm tired of my knees aching because some people with seats can't sit down for three hours leaving me no choice but to stand if I want to see anything. Of course they never ever even bother considering those behind them, and it's usually just a few people up front that force everyone else to stand in domino fashion.

I'm a HUUUUGE fan of standing places in the States. They do this for all kinds of events in Europe.

If I ever sit on the floor it's going to be within the first three rows.

BTW, you said that happened to Townsend in a recent show? How recent?

So I'm going to be near the front row for the first time and I figured at the end of the show it would be fun to hold up a sign for a few seconds ( of course after asking the people behind me ).

So, what would be fun for a sign?

If I had to bring a sign it would say "Sing Great White North!"