Ozric Tentacles-Jurassic Shift(Title Track)

Nate2112

I'd highly rec STRANGITUDE, especially White Rhino Tea.

This, to me, is their best work.

Dude, the truly essential titles are Erpland and Afterswish.

Their first 6 albums were initially only available on cassette. They were eventually all released on CD, but Afterswish is a 2-CD compilation of the best material from those 6 albums. That is really essential.

Erpland is an early double album (one CD) that is just amazing all the way through - it's got a great balance of off the hook pyrotechnics with more mellow atmospherics - it's really great all the way through. After that get Pungent Efflungent. Strangeitude and Jurassic Shift are both really good, but not as great as those others, or at least not as consistent. After that it all started getting pretty repetitive, even though most albums are still solid. At some point I stopped though because the albums were all sounding the same.

Seriously Erpland and Afterswish - you will NOT be sorry. :no:

Edited by rushgoober

I didn't know they were still going!

Yep!

This video was done last year... It's an interview for their latest album, Paper Monkeys.

The Ozrics are awesome. My personal favorite album is The Hidden Step from 2000. I also have an expanded version of Sliding Gliding Worlds on vinyl which kicks butt :haz:

These tracks are immaculate:

their first 5 albums are excellent, nothing they have is bad though

steve hillage does a guest appearance on one record

Does he? Which one? Link to a song, perchance?

the tune is called Akasha from spirals in hyperspace.

the last disc called paper monkeys is incredible and their best since waterfdall cities IMO. i recently picked their second to most recent release the yum yum tree and it too is excellent.

you may have heard that their house burned down and they lost everything. artwork, masters, instruments etc etc. then ed almost died from appendicitis. yikes.

anyways they have one tour date in england at present time.

my fave from the new disc, plowm.

Amazing guitar! Great themes! Is Ozric Tentacles an instrumental band? What can you recommend me?

its all good but they changed as the members did. the old stuff is more less techno. only disc to avoid is floating seeds as it remixs and that and swirly termination should be second last to buy.

one of my all times from a guitar and total trip out perspective has to be the might Neurochasm. crank it up!

Edited by tangy

The Ozrics are awesome. My personal favorite album is The Hidden Step from 2000. I also have an expanded version of Sliding Gliding Worlds on vinyl which kicks butt :haz:

These tracks are immaculate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRljUHtvgDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNTxYVc1W0

my two favorites from that disc! that was the first tour i saw and it was one of the greatest shows i have ever seen despite not knowing a single song the played at the time.