1. 1. How often do you iron clothing?

• Never
    • Once every few years
    • A couple times a year
    • Maybe once a month
    • Once a week
    • More than once a week

Curious...

I almost never iron anymore. I buy wrinkle free slacks and shirts for wearing to the office. I have a couple special occasion items that I will iron when needed... but my weekly clothes ironing has completely gone away and I love it.

Used to.

Haven't for years. We don't have the power on a narrowboat.

I don't miss it.

As infrequently as I possibly can!

In my experience, nice shirts and pants usually get pretty wrinkle free after a few minutes in the dryer - that's a hell of a lot easier/less pain in the assish then ironing.

I too like the iron-'em-in-dryer method for wrinkle-free items. Nice and lazy.

In my experience, nice shirts and pants usually get pretty wrinkle free after a few minutes in the dryer - that's a hell of a lot easier/less pain in the assish then ironing.

I pull them right from the dryer and hang them up immediately before they get a chance to wrinkle. I almost never have to do the dryer "iron", but when I do - I spray with a little water to build up some steam :)

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I iron almost daily, unless I'm wearing jeans(which is only on

the weekends.). We're expected to look professional, and there

isn't much out there for women that looks professional and doesn't

need ironing.

If I waited for the dryer to do it, I'd be late for work, and it's

a waste of energy.

I still have my old iron. My wife still has hers. I haven't ironed in years, and neither has she. It's all wrikle free, or right out of the dryer and hung/folded. Let's just say I agree with the Monopoly decision to remove the iron as a game piece. Quite frankly, the iron age is over.
  • Like 2

need ironing.

a waste of energy.

Oops, hi Nettie :hi: Nothing wrong with irons, no :D

Once every few years, and this is only for a dress shirt or dress slacks.

Yeah, but from what I've heard, one of the prerequisites for your TRF prom date is knowing how to iron. While not listening to the Garden.

• Like 1

need ironing.

a waste of energy.

sticking something in the dryer takes a LOT less time than ironing in my experience. it's easy - stick the clothes in the dryer, take a shower, shave, etc., then take them out of the dryer and get dressed! either that or hang them up immediately after putting them through the dryer when doing regular laundry loads and then it's even less hassle. women's professional clothing may be more involved, however, and may need an iron - i really wouldn't know. :unsure:

in terms of wasting energy - sure, it does, but contrasting that with how insane i'd get if i had to iron - i'll take the slight waste of electricity any time! ;)

Edited by rushgoober

I iron for 2 things: job interviews and weddings that require my presence either in the party or a more prominent table (i.e. not with the alcoholic third cousin and the mom's weird little neighbor friend who she made you take on a date in high school because she was too awkward and let's face it I wasn't getting laid anyway so what the hell but then she got a date to prom and you didn't and all of a sudden you hate yourself for finding yourself at this table with this girl who suddenly seems a bit more hairy and what the hell is that an Adam's apple)

Yeah. the dryer usually is fine

Yeah, but from what I've heard, one of the prerequisites for your TRF prom date is knowing how to iron. While not listening to the Garden.

Fortunately, I can iron but I don't unless I have to. I don't have to hear The Garden - it is in my head. :eh:

In this one of many possible worlds...

Fortunately, I can iron but I don't unless I have to. I don't have to hear The Garden - it is in my head. :eh:

In this one of many possible worlds...

An infinite number of possible worlds, and I live in the one where Sheldon can get not one, but two dates to the TRF prom. SMH

I specifically buy clothes that don't need to be ironed and hang them up immediately when dryer is finished to avoid wrinkles. Even if they cost more its worth it.
  • Like 1

I iron my hubby's work dress shirts and pants for him as he works in Toronto during the week. I figure if he's living outta a suitcase in a hotel on a weekly basis, the least I can do is the ironing for him on Sunday mornings before I take him back to the airport.

For myself, I rarely iron anymore as I work in a casual accounting office (thank god!).

Now, ironing my RRHOF induction gown will be a beast; so I'll iron it once before my flight, and iron it again once I get there (hoping it doesn't get crushed in the suitcase!).....I fly to LA in two weeks from today....Woohoo!!!! So much to do before then.....

Yet another reason why nudity is a good idea.

Man, you guys make it sound like ironing is the most grueling chore on the planet. I don't like it but I don't think too much about it either.

Not at all, with the proliferation of wrinkle free items, I would rather save the time and use it towards something more important.

Man, you guys make it sound like ironing is the most grueling chore on the planet. I don't like it but I don't think too much about it either.

Not at all, with the proliferation of wrinkle free items, I would rather save the time and use it towards something more important.

Save time for something more important? All of us on TRF pretty much waste our time posting every day or close to it. Think of all the clothes you could be ironing if you weren't posting. :P

Save time for something more important? All of us on TRF pretty much waste our time posting every day or close to it. Think of all the clothes you could be ironing if you weren't posting. :P

I pretty much only post while at work :LOL:

I pull them right from the dryer and hang them up immediately before they get a chance to wrinkle. I almost never have to do the dryer "iron", but when I do - I spray with a little water to build up some steam :)

Yep, and I do the water spray trick as well.

I hear that throwing a dry towel into the dryer with a load of wet towels cuts down on the drying time (if your dryer stops when it senses the clothes are dry). Anyone try this?