mailing stuff to get autographed?

hobo73

I've heard many people say they sent stuff to the venue to get signed, and many people have had it happen.

...How does one go about doing this?

I mentioned this to my husband last night and he said "OH MY GOD.....I would totally get my Caress of Steel booklet signed....."

so....who the heck would I mail it to? I have no idea how to do this lol. thanks.

Get whatever you want them to autograph, and put it in an envelope addressed to YOU but FROM the venue they're playing.

To: ME...with sentimental object inside

Get ANOTHER envelope, find the address of where they'll be playing and address THAT envelope to say

To:Madison Square garden (United Center, Soldier field..)

the address

ATTN: RUSH

after the zip code. Put the To: YOU (or ME envelope in this case) INSIDE the "MSG" envelope, and send.

The venue will save it for them, and when they arrive, RUSH will get their mail and sign the thing you wanted autographed. Send it so the timing is close to when they get there, not 3 months ahead. They'd appreciate a short note too!

Good luck! worked for me! :)

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

YES!!! sweet!!! thanks =]

My husband got super giddy lol. would it be possible if I send 2 CD booklets? CoS to be signed for my hubby, and something signed for me? (I only ask cause I see "to dan", "to mary", etc. on the signed stuff.)

or are they weird about 2 items for one person?

what did YOU get signed? =D

Send one. Sending more than one item there's a greater chance of it just being booted back - all unsigned.

k thanks! I wanted to know the "rule" with this :P

So then my husband gets an autograph lol

Has anybody had any success in say, mailing one item to one venue and mailing another item to another venue and getting both items signed that way? I don't think that they'd memorize the return names and addresses for every item they get.

Here's what to do:

1. get whatever you want it is to be signed. this can be a photograph or CD, but nothing too big.

2. IMPORTANT: contact the venue you want to send it to and see if they actually accept mail for the artists performing there. I have a friend that didn't do this and she never got her photo back!

3. Once you have a venue that accepts mail, address/stamp an envelope to them.

4. Address and stamp ANOTHER envelope that is addressed TO YOU. this way the venue can just stick the signed thing in it and send it right back to you.

5. put the envelope addressed to you and the thing you want signed in the envelope addressed to the venue. I also included a sharpie (just in case) and a note saying "Please have Rush sign this and send it back to me! Thanks!"

6. send the envelope so that it arrives at the venue AT LEAST 2 days and AT MOST 5 days before the show. any later they might not get it in time; any sooner it might get lost or someone may forget about it.

7. wait for it to come back! it all depends on how far the venue is from where you are. Mine arrived 4 days after the show.

8. BASK IN THE GLORY OF THEIR AUTOGRAPHS! :D :rush:

here's mine:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z365/musicalabby2112/IMG_1393.jpg

• Like 2

I sent their Rolling Stone article with the classic shot of them in the tour bus...and they signed it! I WAS THE GIDDY ONE couldn't even tell my wife in complete sentences what I found in the mailbox!
  • Like 1

I sent their Rolling Stone article with the classic shot of them in the tour bus...and they signed it! I WAS THE GIDDY ONE couldn't even tell my wife in complete sentences what I found in the mailbox!

AGHHH amazing! when i was 14 i sent cheap trick a fan letter LOL they sent me a signed picture with my name on it and a guitar pick. i cried so hard >.<

im going to use my sister in law's address to send the grace under pressure booklet to get signed for me, if they're weird about multiple items from a single sender (i can understand that though).

Here's what to do:

1. get whatever you want it is to be signed. this can be a photograph or CD, but nothing too big.

2. IMPORTANT: contact the venue you want to send it to and see if they actually accept mail for the artists performing there. I have a friend that didn't do this and she never got her photo back!

3. Once you have a venue that accepts mail, address/stamp an envelope to them.

4. Address and stamp ANOTHER envelope that is addressed TO YOU. this way the venue can just stick the signed thing in it and send it right back to you.

5. put the envelope addressed to you and the thing you want signed in the envelope addressed to the venue. I also included a sharpie (just in case) and a note saying "Please have Rush sign this and send it back to me! Thanks!"

6. send the envelope so that it arrives at the venue AT LEAST 2 days and AT MOST 5 days before the show. any later they might not get it in time; any sooner it might get lost or someone may forget about it.

7. wait for it to come back! it all depends on how far the venue is from where you are. Mine arrived 4 days after the show.

8. BASK IN THE GLORY OF THEIR AUTOGRAPHS! :D :rush:

here's mine:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z365/musicalabby2112/IMG_1393.jpg

squee!! i am so going to contact them, hopefully they do it :P

awesome picture! yeah i'll send a mini permanent marker with it. that would be awesome.

Just to add one quick thing, as someone who's collected autographs through the mail (TTM) since 1998 (mostly by sending sports cards to athletes)...for the envelope coming back to you, the SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope), I would suggest putting your address as BOTH the main address and the return address, so that if there's any kind of issue whatsoever, the package will still get to you. I'd hate for something weird to happen and the item get sent back to the venue to sit and eventually be thrown out or something.

I've tried RUSH twice TTM, and was successful on the second try, during the Time Machine tour. Send your stuff out one week before the show, so that it gets there in that two-to-five day range mentioned earlier. You don't need to include a Sharpie, they're just going to use their own black ones. Also, don't get worried if it takes a little while for the item to come back. The venue I sent to was 2 and a half hours from my front door. I sent the package out one week before the show, and I got my 8x10 back exactly three weeks after the show. You have to be patient when dabbling in TTM autographs...on occasion I've gotten cards back from sports guys after 2-3 years!

P.S. Hobo73, I think it's cool that your first Rush show will be on July 4th...not because I'm patriotic (I'm not), but because mine was as well...July 4, 2007 at Darien Lake, NY.

I sent something to The Q in Cleveland after reading on this forum that they usually sign stuff sent to them. I took my Hemispheres CD booklet and two 'bubble wrap lined' manilla envelopes to the post office to see what the postage would be. Living just twenty miles from the venue, it was about sixty cents. I put two first class stamps on both envelopes, put the booklet, a quick note, saying something like 'I know the guys are very busy, but could they sign this if they have a minute?' and the other envelope into the other one. I addressed it to Liam Birt/co Rush, and the address to the venue. I mailed it five days before the show. I went to the show, then eagerly awaited to see what happened with the booklet. I was out of town, and twelve days later, my girlfriend called, and said I recieved something wierd in the mail. I asked what it was, and she said she didn;t know, but it was addressed to me, and had my address in the return addy box, and it was in my writing. I got excited, and told her that was 'the Rush mailing'. I asked her to open it, and see if they signed it. She opened it, and said 'yep. it's signed by all three'. She wasn;t as excited as I was.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/photo.jpg

If anyone confirms which venues on this leg are accepting and forwarding fan mail to the tour, please let's get a list going here. Remember that just because your local venue might not be helpful, there are lots of others that will. I saw the Newark show last leg, but sent my hemispheres booklet to Seattle on the opposite coast, with success. I'm planning on sending another item this time posing as my best friend and having it sent to him as a surprise. He was with me when we met the band in '94.

Does anyone know if they accept Vinyl, or if it's too big? I have a spare copy of Power Windows (My favorite allbum) that I would love to get signed.

Does anyone know if they accept Vinyl, or if it's too big? I have a spare copy of Power Windows (My favorite allbum) that I would love to get signed.

You never know what's going to happen to the item. If it's near and dear to your heart, for some reason, don't send it. If it doesn't matter if you lost the item, send it.

• Like 1

I sent my Hemispheres album and it got signed....(and left the vinyl in, to help strengthen the envelope...wasn't concerned if they broke it, I have it on CD, etc...)

I agree with the tip for using your own address as the return address on the parcel being mailed BACK to you...remember that you need to have enough STAMPS on the parcel coming back, not a meter strip (which is dated, and may get messed up at the PO and cost you money to reclaim)

Also, I think I sent it to the attention of Liam Birt, Rush Tour Manager..not just "Rush". There's another thread (or two) about it here somewhere.

This sounds so cool! Thanks to everyone for the tips!

I would like to try to send something to get signed on behalf of my uncle, who first exposed me to Rush, who isn't faring too well right now, and has been unable to see Rush this tour. It would just make his day to get something in the mail signed to him from the Rush boys! I'll have to be sneaky and figure out what would be best to try to get signed... a record cover of his favourite album, maybe....

:)

Great autographs ! I'll have to try that again. I called the Boston arena where they were going to play and the woman said they dont do that.

That was a few years ago tho. No harm in calling again whenever rush returns.

It wasnt rush that wouldnt do it...it was where they were playing i imagine.

Which arenas in Canada forward mail to bands?

Copps Coliseun in Hamilton, I sent my album there in 2011, and it got signed, Toronto and Montreal don't forward to bands.

I must be weird... a friend of mine is a flight attendant and a few years ago, Geddy and his wife were sitting in first class on a day she was working. (Air Canada, international flight.) She got his autograph for me on a napkin, and he personalized to me... she mailed it to me, thinking I'd go wild... I was thankful for her efforts and Geddy's gesture, but I threw the napkin out. Autographs don't mean anything to me at all. Weird, eh?

YES!!! sweet!!! thanks =]

My husband got super giddy lol. would it be possible if I send 2 CD booklets? CoS to be signed for my hubby, and something signed for me? (I only ask cause I see "to dan", "to mary", etc. on the signed stuff.)

or are they weird about 2 items for one person?

what did YOU get signed? =D

I guarantee that they will only sign one item.

I sent my CofS album with silver paint pen addressed to my mother's home and my GUP album with fine black sharpie addressed to my home.

I received the GUP album beautifully signed by all 3 (AND THEY ALWAYS PERSONALIZE) and I received the CofS album unsigned , but oddly, also sent back to my home address.

They know what they're doing.

• Like 1