Opeth Writing For A New Album!

First listen - it is very accessible, different than anything I've heard them do. But I like it - melodic, catchy, touch of darkness. The vocal melody line reminds me a bit of a Lacuna coil song (don't know which one...) Mix sounds immaculate (surprise.... SW.) It will be interesting to see how it fits into the whole disc.

New song's not outstanding, but it was solid. That said, I hope this is one of the weaker songs of the album because if it isn't, the album will be a bit disappointing. Usually I'm not all that crazy about the first singles released, but The Devil's Orchard was one of my favorites from Heritage, so I hope that was just an exception!

New song's not outstanding, but it was solid. That said, I hope this is one of the weaker songs of the album because if it isn't, the album will be a bit disappointing. Usually I'm not all that crazy about the first singles released, but The Devil's Orchard was one of my favorites from Heritage, so I hope that was just an exception!

Cusp of Eternity is really growing on me. I think my favorite part of the song are the vocals. Mikael's vocals in this song has this '70s/'80s hard rock vibe which I just love! Can't wait to pre-order the album soon!

MA's voice has a slight rasp on this tune, is this a quiet compromise for the growl-only boys or just a chesty cough or maybe age is catching up with him?

I like the song btw...

Probably screwed up his vocal chords and maybe why he stopped the growls in the first place.

MA's voice has a slight rasp on this tune, is this a quiet compromise for the growl-only boys or just a chesty cough or maybe age is catching up with him?

I like the song btw...

Probably screwed up his vocal chords and maybe why he stopped the growls in the first place.

Could be.

:hail:

Here's a look at the pre-order bundles...from Roadrunner's site, it comes in CD, CD+Blu-Ray, 2xLP, and a box set that includes 3 bonus 7" and the CD and BluRay package in a nifty box. Your milage may vary on whether on the content of the box set is worth $50, but I pre-ordered the box set anyway.

http://feature.atlre...r/index.html?cc

Edited by PolarizeMe

I'm just looking at the 2 disc deluxe - blu-ray +Cd, but I can't believe shipping (standard in US) is $6.99. That's just ridiculous. I wonder if amazon will have it.

Eternal Rains Will Come is out there. I like it much better than Cusp of Eternity. The Damnation vibe is awesome. This album can't come soon enough!
  • Like 1

First listening to the song, and it's not bad. I didn't much care for the "Ahh ahh ahh" part, especially with the keyboards doubling it, but by the end fade out, it wasn't bad.

Eternal Rains Will Come is out there. I like it much better than Cusp of Eternity. The Damnation vibe is awesome. This album can't come soon enough!

Don't forget this album too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WdyLDKGsi8

Yup, looking forward to that one as well. Speaking of death metal, the new Dead Congregation is superb.

• Like 1