Amorphis

adace1

Amorphis is one of those bands that have always been on my to-do list, but I´ve never checked them out. The two songs you posted are great! Anything else by them you suggest I look into?

Amorphis is one of those bands that have always been on my to-do list, but I´ve never checked them out. The two songs you posted are great! Anything else by them you suggest I look into?

If you have the time, check out Tales From the Thousand Lakes and The Beginning of Times. They're very different albums with different vocalists, but they're both Amorphis' best works imo.

Here are some samples from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7hyiC2P58

Sounds good, but spoilt by the growling (in my opinion)

If I remember right, they do have a few songs without growling but I'll have to double check that.

God almighty, what's new. Yet another disappointment because of those wretched vocals.

Yes, when they have singer(s) that can sing, I think they spoil songs when they also use growl vocals(not in every case, but in most of what i've heard)

If I remember right, they do have a few songs without growling but I'll have to double check that.

Alright, just found out which songs don't have growls: House of Sleep, Silent Waters, Black River, Sky Is Mine, You I Need, Mermaid

Yes, thanks. I did listen to some other stuff as well and as I posted above - it does sound good. I can listen to this sort of music (even with the growls), if the music is good enough to overcome the vocals.

Really good song!

Also, I'll probably be going later today to a pre-listening event near me for Circle. I'll be sure to post my impressions if I go.

So their new album Under the Red Cloud is coming out very soon.

They've released two excellent songs from it so far. Can't wait to hear the whole thing!

Death of a King:

Sacrifice:

I am seeing them this year...shall make an effort to get into them