How many books do you read a year?

barney_rebel

How many books do you read a year?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many books do you read a year?

• less than 5
    • 5 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81 - 90
    • 91 - 100
    • 100 +

When I read as much as I really want I feel very lazy. I read about one book a fortnight plus my Big Boring Bedtime books which are there specifically to put me to sleep. Nonfiction, history, biography, travel, suchlike. Regular books are 75% science fiction, 30% mysteries and 5% other, like Rush books.

Glad to see that you give it 110% !! :)

:clap:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/00/004a044e1927a979dbf090ba65323894381708169d8592afbb7b70100f3e244a.jpg

I was doing about 50/year, but then I got a smartphone and now I don't read at all. Stare at my phone all the time. Sad, ain't it?

I'm meaning to start reading again.

• Like 1

I was doing about 50/year, but then I got a smartphone and now I don't read at all. Stare at my phone all the time. Sad, ain't it?

I'm meaning to start reading again.

You've read enough.

Before computers , Yes im that old, i use to read ALOT ! Books ! haha I would take out a book from the library every 2 weeks. Now i read less than 5 a year. Thats sad. :zzz:

That's my story too. I have boxes of books here that I've read, most of them more than once. When money was scarce, I would read books again and again, or make a trip to the library and carry a stack home.

Now, thanks to the computer :eyeroll: , I read maybe five books a year. I used to read a book every two or three days. Now I read a few pages of a book every two or three days.

It's a sad boat we're in, myself and the other posters who said they used to read a lot, but after computers/smartphones, hardly at all.

This must be a common problem. A co-worker and I were discussing books this week, and he said the same. From 50 books per year to none.

• Like 1

It's a sad boat we're in, myself and the other posters who said they used to read a lot, but after computers/smartphones, hardly at all.

This must be a common problem. A co-worker and I were discussing books this week, and he said the same. From 50 books per year to none.

I think it's very sad.

The computer quit last week and I was forced to read my book. I enjoyed it and found it more relaxing than being on the internet.

• Like 1

Personally I struggle with reading(long story)so I won't vote in this poll. That said I do try to read it just seems that I get distracted easily and have trouble finishing books.

Anyway, I'm wondering how many books Neil Peart reads a year. My guess would be at least 150 books a year but maybe more like over 200.

I guess I should qualify that most of my "books" are in digital format downloaded from the big online store that begins with an A. I have visual problems and hand issues, so reading on my iPad is much easier. I can change the font to whatever I want. Really annoys me that you can't do that with paper books and I have lots of those sitting around. Also when the content isn't available in Oz because of copyright conspiracies among publishers. I try to remember to keep Goodreads up to date but sometimes I forget