R.I.P BCC

So it seems that the Black Country Communion train has gone off the rails for good. From Glenn Hughes´ Twitter page:

"BCC is over....Joe left. & will not allow us to keep the name...nice huh?..."

"Jason Derek and I will continue when the time is right..i have my hands full writing my first solo rock album in 5 years!!!! YES!!"

That´s really a shame, but I´m looking forward to hearing what the three guys will come up with and who they will recruit to join the new project. And whose side will Kevin Shirley take in this fight may be the defining factor here as well.

Derek Sherinian ‏@DerekSherinian 14 Mar

“@UndressAlvarez: @Jason_Bonham @DerekSherinian @glenn_hughes Hi guys! Just a thought, What about Stuart Smith to replace J.B?

DONT THINK!

Retweeted by JOE BONAMASSA

I do want Joe to respond to this latest thing. I don't trust Glenn's penchant for the overly dramatic. I will say if it's as true and simple as that, it's a shitty thing for Joe to do. I'm guessing it's a bit more complicated than that. There might be some legal partnership issues that need to be resolved...a buy out or some such thing. I prefer to hear the whole story before laying the blame at either side's feet.

I thought I had heard Joe wanted them to carry on with another guitarist. I really like treeduck's suggestion of Andy Timmons. That guy is phenomenal. Guthrie Govan is a great talent, as well, but I'd choose Timmons over him just to keep the band 1/2 American and 1/2 British.

:haz:

I did decide to "dislike" their Facebook page. I can't see getting daily questions from them about my favorite Joe solo, or my favorite Jason drum fill if they are not a band anymore. If they get their shit back together (and you know they'll have a killer guitarist) then I'm all on board. Glenn wrote and song the vast majority of the songs anyway, so as long as that component is still there, and great guitarist could make it worthwhile.

If they don't get back together I won't fret we still have the three studio albums. The way it sounds it's gonna be the same band essentially but without Joe and someone in place of him, and maybe a new name.

Another possibility for a guitarist is Steve Lukather, Sherinian knows him from his solo albums and he'd fit right in, and he can sing as well as play.

I reckon that Joe realised that his own band is bigger and more-enduring than BCC would be. If he committed to BCC then he would have to rely on other members not f***ing it up or baling, whereas his band is continuing to get bigger and bigger. It's a shame but there's no reason why a renamed BCC with a headline guitarist can't continue to flourish, though I reckon Hughes would drop the ball eventually.

If they don't get back together I won't fret we still have the three studio albums. The way it sounds it's gonna be the same band essentially but without Joe and someone in place of him, and maybe a new name.

Another possibility for a guitarist is Steve Lukather, Sherinian knows him from his solo albums and he'd fit right in, and he can sing as well as play.

Derek Trucks would be a good fit and might leave Bonamassa with a chance of winning a Grammy for Best Blues Album too...

I love Glenn Hughes as a complimentary piece in Deep Purple. His work with Tony Iommi (whom I also love), both as "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi" and on the DEP Sessions and Fused, is boring as hell. I bought BCC, but I haven't listened to it since the first month it came out. To me its so generic.

I love Glenn Hughes as a complimentary piece in Deep Purple. His work with Tony Iommi (whom I also love), both as "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi" and on the DEP Sessions and Fused, is boring as hell. I bought BCC, but I haven't listened to it since the first month it came out. To me its so generic.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/wrsAn.gif

• Like 1

Awww man, c'mon! That first album is fantastic. :digi:

Awww man, c'mon! That first album is fantastic. :digi:

It's the best one, agreed. But for me it's like Seventh Star; decent enough, but I never find myself in the mood for it.

Derek Trucks would be a good fit and might leave Bonamassa with a chance of winning a Grammy for Best Blues Album too...

Please, god, not Trucks.