New Band - The Winery Dogs

Criminal and I´m No Angel are the best ones for me. And when they played in Rio, Desire was great as well - Richie works up the crowd on that one and gets everyone to join the chorus.

Just picked this up.

So far...half way through it. I really dig it. Really solid accessible rock music...great playing of course. Portnoy's drums sound incredible as always.

• Like 1

Wow this album is so much fun to drive too. Love it. really love the edgy vocals (very Chris Cornell indeed) great playing all the way around.

Front to back a superbly solid rock album.

Sonically crisp as well. Hey Petrucci.......here how the drums sound on this? (could not resist as Mangini's snare sound is a f***ing cardinal sin on the outstanding new DT album).

Great band here folks.......almost nobody knows they exsist. I am spreading the word.

The crap we here on main stream rock radio today (no I don't listen to it anymore but it is out there) is a shame. This is what needs to get out front and center along with some Porcupine Tree!!!

Edited by Todem

Wow this album is so much fun to drive too. Love it. really love the edgy vocals (very Chris Cornell indeed) great playing all the way around.

Front to back a superbly solid rock album.

Sonically crisp as well. Hey Petrucci.......here how the drums sound on this? (could not resist as Mangini's snare sound is a f***ing cardinal sin on the outstanding new DT album).

Great band here folks.......almost nobody knows they exsist. I am spreading the word.

The crap we here on main stream rock radio today (no I don't listen to it anymore but it is out there) is a shame. This is what needs to get out front and center along with some Porcupine Tree!!!

Glad you're on board man. Thought you'd dig it.

I hear the live shows (from our very own bros and sisters here, as well as in general) are just incredible. It's amazing the reception the album and tour is getting.

To me it's a more hard rock-rootsy, far-better version of Mr. Big, if I had to make a single comparison...but don't let that sole comparison color you either way if you've not heard them. They're more than just that for sure. ( I mean, it's tough for me to hear Sheehan and not make that analogy). The melodies and harmonies are there....and the songs are quite musical and diverse, from almost Alice In Chains-like riffing on Time Machine to a really funky Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes (If You Don't Know Me By Now styling) on Regret. The musicianship is ridiculous without also being a masturbatorial display of virtuosity, so no fears over gross over-playing. Also, strangely, no instrumentals either, which is nice since Kotzen's voice is always a pleasure to listen to.

I'd like to see the band go in a bit heavier or darker direction for album # 2 (without losing the melody), but no real complaints here. As important, they seem to be getting on very well.

i think my biggest fear is that all of these guys are known for having their hands in a lot of pots and I worry that any little thing that sets one of them off will be a reason to go off to something else....or that a degree of boredom will set it. I worry about this with Richie Kotzen, since he seems to have more of an affinity for the funkier side of things than the hard rock side. Or that other little things will just take over their time and their schedules will stop meshing, etc.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I tried to purchase the mp3 today, but something´s wrong and neither my card nor my wife´s were accepted. While I´m trying to get this fixed, here´s a link to the full album on youtube:

I agree with Presto-Digitation - this one has less hooks than the first one. But I liked it a lot on my first listen, and it seems to be a slow burn type of album. Kotzen sounds a bit like Sammy Hagar on one of the traços, and Fire reminds me of U2. Ghost Town is AOR at its finest, and sounds like it could be on Hughes/Thrall.

I'm not big on these guys, I think it's because while I respect his guitar skills Richie Kotzen's voice and music does nothing for me. In fact his voice gets on my nerves.

The Mike Portnoy project I'm interested in at the moment is Metal Allegiance.

I'm not big on these guys, I think it's because while I respect his guitar skills Richie Kotzen's voice and music does nothing for me. In fact his voice gets on my nerves.

The Mike Portnoy project I'm interested in at the moment is Metal Allegiance.

I heard a few Metal Allegiance tracks. Not bad, huh?