Camera Policy. ..RRHOF Induction Ceremony

tripdad

I emailed Nokia and got this response...stay tuned. .

Thank you for contacting Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE!We have not yet received confirmation from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as to whether or not camera use will be allowed during the event.  Our general camera policy is that non-professional cameras, those without detachable lenses, are allowed in the Theatre.  Video and audio recording of any kind is prohibited.Please feel free to contact us closer to the event date for more information.Guest ServicesNokia Theatre L.A. LIVE

What's the point? They'll be taking pictures and recording it on video

I just hope that you eventually will be able to buy a DVD copy of it!! Almost a month away now!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

The point for me would be to take a few pictures that I could call my own and if I am lucky enough to get at least one good one to have it framed. How cool would it be to say, I took this one when RUSH was inducted.
  • Like 1

The point for me would be to take a few pictures that I could call my own and if I am lucky enough to get at least one good one to have it framed. How cool would it be to say, I took this one when RUSH was inducted.

DITTO!!

It airs on HBO May 19 - and it's an edited version of the show. Meaning while RUSH may play 3 songs, 1 or 2 may make the final cut.

Looks like I turn on HBO for one night in May. I just got 6 months of Showtime for free.

Being a woman, I have snuck my camera in to every Rush show in my purse - once in and I am shooting, no one has even looked twice at the fact that I am taking pictures. However I do not use flash at all so that is probably a big help. Hopefully there won't be a problem this time. :)

Since the invention of phone cameras (w/ video added soon after) there's little the larger venues or big musical acts can do. Broadway Theaters, musicals, plays will make an announcement before the show, and that policy is enforced. I'm not sure there's a legal difference between a concert performance and a broadway show, both are commercial performances of copyrighted material, but the proliferation of concert youtube videos, mostly low quality, isn't worth the artists' effort.

I would think a law firm could make a good business offering low cost bulk Youtube policing. I have seen a few elaborately edited multi-camera shoots of concerts. It's getting to the point where people may skip a tour because the entire show is up on Youtube.

Some advanced screening of Hollywood films will require people to check in their iPhones or cell device with video at the door. This usually has to do with some unique costume, art design, or FX element the producers want to keep secret. You'd have to be pretty dumb to try to pirate an entire film with an iPhone at a hollywood screening.

The courthouse in out county will not allow cell phones w/ video in the building.

The last RUSH show I was at, I saw a security guard ask one person to not video with his compact camera.