Maiden England DVD Sample

Sorry I can´t find this on an English-written website, but here´s a sample of Maiden´s upcoming DVD: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_829/175741-ironmaiden.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I forgot how awesome Wasted Years sounded live!!!

I haven´t seen any clips from their current tour - is Gers ruining Adrian´s solos as always?

As sure as night follows day. If he was a dog, I'd have him neutered. Just to calm him the f**k down. Then, I'd glue mittens to his hands.

This is a great clip, cannot WAIT for the DVD & album to come out. Both pre-ordered.

Up the IRONS!

• Like 2

I haven´t seen any clips from their current tour - is Gers ruining Adrian´s solos as always?

As sure as night follows day. If he was a dog, I'd have him neutered. Just to calm him the f**k down. Then, I'd glue mittens to his hands.

I have the impression that they keep him Gers the band out of friendship - he stepped up to replace Adrian, and kept it together during the tough Blaze years where they played small venues. They wanted Adrian back but did not have the guts to fire him. If I was in the band I´ds try to keep his collaboration to a minimum - even keep his guitar way down in the mix, or even unplug it like they did with Syd Barret in his final years with Pink Floyd. And for the record, I don´t think Gers is a bad guitar player - check out his work on Bruce´s solo album Tattooed Millionnaire or even Fish´s Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors - I just think he makes the worst choices in terms of solos, and always goes for full distortion and whammy bar to the max...he can play, he just won´t do it right!

• Like 1

I'm watching part of the Maiden England show right now on YouTube. I love when colleagues come into my office and hearing music faintly, ask what I'm listening to. More often than not they walk out shaking their heads.

The usual response I get is "I didn't even know those guys are still around."

I'm so looking forward to this DVD. This was the video that got me into Iron Maiden.

It will be strange seeing it in good quality...all I ever had was a video copy of a copy...very grainy :LOL:

I'm so looking forward to this DVD. This was the video that got me into Iron Maiden.

It will be strange seeing it in good quality...all I ever had was a video copy of a copy...very grainy :LOL:

(Just for the record) the first full-length concert Maiden video I got to see was Live After Death. I seriously got into them around that time and remember being so amped for the release of this video (and needless to say was blown away!!) Those were the days, no youtube samples, no nothing but sweet anticipation to wallow in, made it so much more special :codger:

• Like 3

Great concert!!!

So, after watching, I assume the three encore tracks were just recently edited by Steve Harris, since they have the same frantic cutting as the more recent Maiden DVD's, which is a bit of a shock after an hour and a half of actually being able to see what people are playing.

A few interesting anecdotes in the History part 3 documentary, but I kind of got irritated with the talking heads just being stuck in a little box in the corner of the screen.

Great concert!!!

So, after watching, I assume the three encore tracks were just recently edited by Steve Harris, since they have the same frantic cutting as the more recent Maiden DVD's, which is a bit of a shock after an hour and a half of actually being able to see what people are playing.

A few interesting anecdotes in the History part 3 documentary, but I kind of got irritated with the talking heads just being stuck in a little box in the corner of the screen.

Anything new on the History part 3? Where does it stop, right before Adrian left?

Anything new on the History part 3? Where does it stop, right before Adrian left?

There were some new things they talked about, but the one new info that stood out was when they were talking about the Somewhere in Time era. Steve addresses the reason why they never filmed a live video for the tour, which was because Rod thought it was too soon considering they just released Live After Death. Rod did however reveal that they have footage from that tour but the footage archived are only extracts, no full show footage exists of that tour. Some of the footage he mentioned are shown during History of Iron Maiden part 3 but the audio wasn't sourced from a soundboard recording. Both Rod and Steve voiced their regret for never filming a full show of the tour, and if I recall correctly, one of the reasons why they regretted not filming it was because they thought the stage set as well as the Eddie on that tour was one of the best they ever had at the time.

History of Iron Maiden part 3 ended with Adrian talking about how there were things that he wanted to say to the band concerning their future, but he ended up keeping those thoughts to himself. The last words in the documentary was Adrian saying "And a year later, I wasn't in the band" followed by the words "To be continued" which pretty much confirms that there will be a Donington '92 re-release along with a part 4 of the documentary.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I'm watching part of the Maiden England show right now on YouTube. I love when colleagues come into my office and hearing music faintly, ask what I'm listening to. More often than not they walk out shaking their heads.

The usual response I get is "I didn't even know those guys are still around."

yeah the whole "these guys arent dead yet?" shit gets old

the worst is when I run into someone who doesnt know maiden are still around and they actually saw them live in the 80s. if you were cool enough to go to a maiden gig in 1985 how do you not know they still exist?

There were some new things they talked about, but the one new info that stood out was when they were talking about the Somewhere in Time era. Steve addresses the reason why they never filmed a live video for the tour, which was because Rod thought it was too soon considering they just released Live After Death. Rod did however reveal that they have footage from that tour but the footage archived are only extracts, no full show footage exists of that tour. Some of the footage he mentioned are shown during History of Iron Maiden part 3 but the audio wasn't sourced from a soundboard recording. Both Rod and Steve voiced their regret for never filming a full show of the tour, and if I recall correctly, one of the reasons why they regretted not filming it was because they thought the stage set as well as the Eddie on that tour was one of the best they ever had at the time.

History of Iron Maiden part 3 ended with Adrian talking about how there were things that he wanted to say to the band concerning their future, but he ended up keeping those thoughts to himself. The last words in the documentary was Adrian saying "And a year later, I wasn't in the band" followed by the words "To be continued" which pretty much confirms that there will be a Donington '92 re-release along with a part 4 of the documentary.

sounds interesting but I'm REALLY not looking forward to another history of maiden tour that focuses on the 90s, which everyone agrees is their worst era

sounds interesting but I'm REALLY not looking forward to another history of maiden tour that focuses on the 90s, which everyone agrees is their worst era

I would love a 90s Maiden-era show. But my 90s setlist would only include the two Bruce albums and some classics. I also included a couple of Seventh Son songs that weren't played on their recent Maiden England tour. Something like this:

Tailgunner

From Here To Eternity

No Prayer For The Dying

Run Silent Run Deep

Be Quick Or Be Dead

The Prophecy

Powerslave

Afraid To Shoot Strangers

Hooks In You

Fear Of The Dark

Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter

The Fugitive

The Trooper

Judas Be My Guide

The Number of the Beast

Aces High

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Moonchild

Mother Russia

Only The Good Die Young

Edited by HemispheresserehpsimeH

I would love a 90s Maiden-era show. But my 90s setlist would only include the two Bruce albums and some classics. I also included a couple of Seventh Son songs that weren't played on their recent Maiden England tour. Something like this:

Tailgunner

From Here To Eternity

No Prayer For The Dying

Run Silent Run Deep

Be Quick Or Be Dead

The Prophecy

Powerslave

Hooks In You

Fear Of The Dark

The Fugitive

The Trooper

Judas Be My Guide

The Number of the Beast

Aces High

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Moonchild

Mother Russia

Only The Good Die Young

One can dream, right? But we can forget about Run Silent Run Deep - Bruce said in an interview that this is probably the weakest track on any Maiden album. I guess he forgot about The Apparition, Weekend Warrior etc... :LOL: :lol:

I sure hope they don´t take too long to reissue Live At Donnington and to continue with the story. Seeing that there´s no live release from the Blaze era (thank God for that!!!!), I think they´ll bundle the 93-2000 period in one release and reissue Rock in Rio.

Seeing that there´s no live release from the Blaze era (thank God for that!!!!)...

While there was nothing released at the time, there is quite a bit of Blaze era footage knocking around (more than anyone could possibly want)...so who knows?

Tailgunner

From Here To Eternity

No Prayer For The Dying

Run Silent Run Deep

Be Quick Or Be Dead

The Prophecy

Powerslave

Hooks In You

Fear Of The Dark

The Fugitive

The Trooper

Judas Be My Guide

The Number of the Beast

Aces High

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Moonchild

Mother Russia

Only The Good Die Young

One can dream, right? But we can forget about Run Silent Run Deep - Bruce said in an interview that this is probably the weakest track on any Maiden album. I guess he forgot about The Apparition, Weekend Warrior etc... :LOL: :lol:

I sure hope they don´t take too long to reissue Live At Donnington and to continue with the story. Seeing that there´s no live release from the Blaze era (thank God for that!!!!), I think they´ll bundle the 93-2000 period in one release and reissue Rock in Rio.

Haha, I never knew Bruce said that. Weekend Warrior is the worst Bruce era Maiden song, IMO. That song is terrible. I wouldn't be too sad about Run Silent Run Deep being omitted, as long as they play Mother Russia. One of my favourites.

I guess it'll have to remain a dream of mine to see that kind of material haha.