Rolling Stone Mag: Alex claims band invented rap

Rapper's delight  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is the rap on Roll the Bones hard to stomach?

• Uh, yeah...these guys gave us Xanadu
    • No way...it's the shiznit

Here's the snippet of a brief article from RS, the rest is on line now at: http://archive.rollingstone.com/Desktop?s=2013032837#/20130328/26 really interesting, entertaining as usual.

Geddy and Alex stopped by Rollingstone and took a gander at this years RRHOF inductees signature tunes, and give an opinion about them. The best is when the guys listen to Public Enemy and commented:

Lifeson: I never listened to stuff like this but I always found it fascinating.

Lee: You know you can groove to this.I know people who were really into this kind of music at the time and had lots of respect for Public Enemy. Obvioiusly it's a different way of delivering the message, and the rhythms were so infectious. I do a little rap on "Roll the Bones" and even "Tom Sawyer" to a certain degree has a spoken word intro. It's not rap, essentially, but in a way it's our version of it.

Lifeson: Yeah, we invented rap (laughs)

• Like 1

Here's the snippet of a brief article from RS, the rest is on line now at: http://archive.rolli...37#/20130328/26 really interesting, entertaining as usual.

Geddy and Alex stopped by Rollingstone and took a gander at this years RRHOF inductees signature tunes, and give an opinion about them. The best is when the guys listen to Public Enemy and commented:

Lee: You know you can groove to this.I know people who were really into this kind of music at the time and had lots of respect for Public Enemy. Obvioiusly it's a different way of delivering the message, and the rhythms were so infectious. I do a little rap on "Roll the Bones" and even "Tom Sawyer" to a certain degree has a spoken word intro. It's not rap, essentially, but in a way it's our version of it.

Is this a legitimate story or another one of your joke threads and I'm just too dense to realize it? I'm suspicious because your link takes me to the RS Archive sign-in page. :eh:

• Like 1

Here's the snippet of a brief article from RS, the rest is on line now at: http://archive.rolli...37#/20130328/26 really interesting, entertaining as usual.

Is this a legitimate story or another one of your joke threads and I'm just too dense to realize it? I'm suspicious because your link takes me to the RS Archive sign-in page. :eh:

It's legit. It's in the latest print-version issue.

All my news is legit Homeskillet
  • Like 2

I thought that linked worked guys...sorry. The feature is called "Rush's School of Rock"

All my news is legit Homeskillet

:eyeroll:

How could I question your veracity? What was I thinking? ;) :P

• Like 1

I love it. Rush has always been about trying new things and exploring. Hip hop was exploding in the 80's/90's. Its just a tiny part of a song, and I think it rocks.
  • Like 1

The roll the bones rap was taken way too seriously by some people. It was totally tongue in cheek.
  • Like 2

its Legit, too legit to quit, Its legit, too legit to quit! Home boi!

:eh:

• Like 1