Guthrie Govan's new Charvel

treeduck

Great video. I loved that. The variety of tones he got from those pickups was amazing.

Aye, because everyone needs some creaminess in their lives!

Too right!

The pseudo-Tele tone he got was great too.

I hope these aren't a stupid price when they finally appear in the shop. I already want one.

Great video. I loved that. The variety of tones he got from those pickups was amazing.

Too right!

I hope these aren't a stupid price when they finally appear in the shop. I already want one.

They'll probably have a version of it for a reasonable price.

What do you think of that maple top?

Too right!

I quite like it, but it may look/feel different when you actually see it close up.

I do like the trem system & the fact that you only have to tune 1 string to get drop D pitch perfect due to that contraption on the back. The brass bar is a good idea too for the "big sound".

Wonder what those little pinholes are for by the control knobs?

Too right!

I quite like it, but it may look/feel different when you actually see it close up.

I do like the trem system & the fact that you only have to tune 1 string to get drop D pitch perfect due to that contraption on the back. The brass bar is a good idea too for the "big sound".

We'll probably find out when he gets the next prototype, or the final product if it's ready.

Do you think the final guitar will end up with that finish? I'm not so keen on it myself, though they'll probably have three or four options by the time it's in the shops.

Too right!

We'll probably find out when he gets the next prototype, or the final product if it's ready.

Do you think the final guitar will end up with that finish? I'm not so keen on it myself, though they'll probably have three or four options by the time it's in the shops.

I think the high end of the range will have the finish that he uses himself so it may well be that one.

It's already changed a bit from the first one he trialled.

It reminds me a bit of Nuno Bettencourt's sig model, finish-wise.

Too right!

I think the high end of the range will have the finish that he uses himself so it may well be that one.

I think the Nuno ones were mostly aged alder with a satin matte finish.

Yeah I preferred the look of the previous prototype to be honest, but hey.

What kind of wood and finish/colour would you have if you could choose any for this guitar?

Too right!

I think the Nuno ones were mostly aged alder with a satin matte finish.

Yeah I preferred the look of the previous prototype to be honest, but hey.

What kind of wood and finish/colour would you have if you could choose any for this guitar?

I'm not sure. I'll have to think about that one.

I too preferred the first prototype tbh, the look of it I mean.

This is GG's latest Prototype with the original Floyd Rose, without the fine tuners...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/9397421078_e321701c6d_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5459/9397420862_2e3b4c1012_b.jpg

Beautiful hardware! (Is that the right term?) :ebert:

This is GG's latest Prototype with the original Floyd Rose, without the fine tuners...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/9397421078_e321701c6d_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5459/9397420862_2e3b4c1012_b.jpg

Beautiful hardware! (Is that the right term?) :ebert:

Aye! :smoke:

More than you can build one like it. It's a "Super Strat" but signature models generally go for no less than $2k. The Warren DiMartini goes for $2400-$2700.

You could get the same materials from Warmoth and build one for less than half. Equivalent body and neck from Warmoth is $800. Hardware and pickups will be another $300-$500. Still too much for any Strat.

More than you can build one like it. It's a "Super Strat" but signature models generally go for no less than $2k. The Warren DiMartini goes for $2400-$2700.

You could get the same materials from Warmoth and build one for less than half. Equivalent body and neck from Warmoth is $800. Hardware and pickups will be another $300-$500. Still too much for any Strat.

Unless you're Guthrie Govan who likes to use a strat to blow us all away!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Still doesn't change the fact that no Strat is worth more than $500. Not to mention I never heard of this guy until this thread. :)

Still doesn't change the fact that no Strat is worth more than $500. Not to mention I never heard of this guy until this thread. :)

Yes, Guthrie Govan literally didn't exist until YOU heard of him. :P

Aye!! :LOL:

He's a guitar playing maniac!