New Pope!!

Lost In Xanadu

Seriously, people, what difference does it make what color his skin is? It's been 50 years since the "I Have a Dream" speech, isn't it time we got past that shIt?
  • Like 5

Seriously, people, what difference does it make what color his skin is? It's been 50 years since the "I Have a Dream" speech, isn't it time we got past that shIt?

Nope.....it's not time yet. We'll need another milennium. Be patient.

• Like 1

Nope.....it's not time yet. We'll need another milennium. Be patient.

:facepalm:

What WAS I thinking???

I'm surprised non-Catholics show such an interest in this ancient tradition.

It's precisely that reason. An ancient tradition, people love that shit. And it's a Christian church, it's always interesting to see what your neighbours are up to.

I'm a severely lapsed Cafferlick and I watched the Argie leaving the Big Brother house. Did it move me? No. Did I enjoy the pomp and ceremony. Yes. As I would Cirque Du Soleil.

Yeah but this is all over every TV channel etc, meanwhile no one outside of devout baptists knows or cares who the leader of the baptist church is or Lutherans or Mormons. I have no idea who those people are, do they even have leaders? I suppose they do. :huh:

Even the church of England guy is a mystery to me. Is it still that weird Welshie with the bad beard? :unsure:

Well, it's not on any news channel out here. And 99% of the locals don't even know the meaning of the word "pope". That's all "of course" but I'm just adding more perpective

It's precisely that reason. An ancient tradition, people love that shit. And it's a Christian church, it's always interesting to see what your neighbours are up to.

I'm a severely lapsed Cafferlick and I watched the Argie leaving the Big Brother house. Did it move me? No. Did I enjoy the pomp and ceremony. Yes. As I would Cirque Du Soleil.

Yeah but this is all over every TV channel etc, meanwhile no one outside of devout baptists knows or cares who the leader of the baptist church is or Lutherans or Mormons. I have no idea who those people are, do they even have leaders? I suppose they do. :huh:

Even the church of England guy is a mystery to me. Is it still that weird Welshie with the bad beard? :unsure:

Well, it's not on any news channel out here. And 99% of the locals don't even know the meaning of the word "pope". That's all "of course" but I'm just adding more perpective

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsWxOZolVQ

Classic.

• Like 1

it's because there are over 1 billion catholics in the world, and what the pope says has a tremendous impact on many of those people's lives, because many of them don't take his words as opinions, but as religious doctrine. and those 1 billion people effect the rest of the world. his words and actions have an enormous influence in the world, and that's a lot of power for one person to have.

Yeah but what about the other 6 billion, the majority? That's you Goobs, you and the other 6 billion make up the largest part, us Catholics don't matter to you surely?

What religion were you Goobs? Methodist? Who the hell is the leader of the methodist church anyway?? Who was any leader of the methodist church? Any branch of the methodist church, anywhere? Never seen him or them on the news.. Who is God anyway? Who am I?? :o :wacko: :blaze: :hi:

Who am I?? :o :wacko: :blaze: :hi:

I think.

I think I am.

Therefore, I AM......I think.

Of course you are, my bright little star.

I've miles and miles of files

Pretty files of your forefather's fruit

And now to suit our Great Computer,

You're magnetic ink.

I'm more than that. I know I am.

At least, I think I must be.

There you go man, keep as cool as you can.

Face piles of trials with smiles.

It riles them to believe

That you perceive the web they weave

And keep on thinking free.

:7up: :7up: :7up:

I think.

I think I am.

You're magnetic ink.

It riles them to believe

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley:

I think.

I think I am.

You're magnetic ink.

It riles them to believe

:ebert: :cheers: :ebert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY

I think.

I think I am.

You're magnetic ink.

It riles them to believe

:ebert: :cheers: :ebert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/mystiques/1eveque.gif

No, Rowan (the "Welshie with the bad beard") retired last year. The new Archbishop of Canterbury is Justin Welby, born in London and educated via Eton and Oxbridge. No beard but he favors the close crop to hide the receding hairline.

He's an Italian who grew up in Argentina. He lived in an apartment, and rode the bus. He is a Pope of the people. I love the choice.

anti-gay and anti-abortion. do i love the new pope? nope.

He actually aprooved gays

Goober? Goober?...anyone?...

http://youtu.be/uhiCFdWeQfA

He's giving Mass in Philadelphia, and I heard yesterday that all of the tickets to it (I don't know how many there were, but they were all free) were gone in thirty seconds.

He's giving Mass in Philadelphia, and I heard yesterday that all of the tickets to it (I don't know how many there were, but they were all free) were gone in thirty seconds.

Maybe StubHub will come to the rescue.

:laughing guy:

Scalping for the pope. Oh boy...

Since they were free tickets, and there wasn't even a 'face value'...shouldn't there be a special place reserved in hell for such mercenary behavior?