New Pope!!

Lost In Xanadu

http://aetherbunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/rejoicing.gif

And there was much rejoicing..... ;) ;)

He's an Italian who grew up in Argentina. He lived in an apartment, and rode the bus. He is a Pope of the people. I love the choice.

anti-gay and anti-abortion. do i love the new pope? nope.

What did you expect? Changes like that take a while - maybe in 40-50 more years when all the old school guys aren't around to vote.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

He's an Italian who grew up in Argentina. He lived in an apartment, and rode the bus. He is a Pope of the people. I love the choice.

anti-gay and anti-abortion. do i love the new pope? nope.

What did you expect? Changes like that take a while - maybe in 40-50 more years when all the old school guys aren't around to vote.

hopefully a lot less years than that, but i hear ya...

• Like 2

I'm surprised non-Catholics show such an interest in this ancient tradition.

It's precisely that reason. An ancient tradition, people love that shit. And it's a Christian church, it's always interesting to see what your neighbours are up to.

I'm a severely lapsed Cafferlick and I watched the Argie leaving the Big Brother house. Did it move me? No. Did I enjoy the pomp and ceremony. Yes. As I would Cirque Du Soleil.

It's precisely that reason. An ancient tradition, people love that shit. And it's a Christian church, it's always interesting to see what your neighbours are up to.

I'm a severely lapsed Cafferlick and I watched the Argie leaving the Big Brother house. Did it move me? No. Did I enjoy the pomp and ceremony. Yes. As I would Cirque Du Soleil.

Yeah but this is all over every TV channel etc, meanwhile no one outside of devout baptists knows or cares who the leader of the baptist church is or Lutherans or Mormons. I have no idea who those people are, do they even have leaders? I suppose they do. :huh:

Even the church of England guy is a mystery to me. Is it still that weird Welshie with the bad beard? :unsure:

I'm guessing this may come across as a silly question and I really don't mean any offence to anyone, but...

Why are they so old before they get to the top spot? :popcorn:

it's because there are over 1 billion catholics in the world, and what the pope says has a tremendous impact on many of those people's lives, because many of them don't take his words as opinions, but as religious doctrine. and those 1 billion people effect the rest of the world. his words and actions have an enormous influence in the world, and that's a lot of power for one person to have.

Edited by rushgoober