Which album is the most alien/otherworldly/space age/not of this world to you?

treeduck

There's an album I'm thinking of, the music, the atmosphere, the vibe, the cover artwork, all seems to be have been created by aliens or for aliens or describes aliens and their weird alien planet?

I'll reveal mine later.

What's yours?

I once bought a "Best Of" album from Adrian Belew.

After playing it once, I thought to myself, "He is not of this world." His guitar playing made zero sense to me. :wtf: :wtf:

But I think he's great when he's with King Crimson.....go figure..... :P

After playing it once, I thought to myself, "He is not of this world." His guitar playing made zero sense to me. :wtf: :wtf:

So you see it as a bad thing? I was thinking it was more of a good thing. I like it when someone amazes me with their otherworldly ability and vision

So you see it as a bad thing? I was thinking it was more of a good thing. I like it when someone amazes me with their otherworldly ability and vision

Oh, no...not at all. Belew just happened to be the first one that popped in my head.

To be honest, the first time I thought a band was otherwordly (in a good way), it was RUSH.....back in the Farewell to Kings-Moving Pictures era. I saw them as super-mystical beings with otherworldly powers of thought, vision...everything they did seemed like a metaphor for something beyond us mortals. I saw then not as beings from another planet, but from another dimension....a higher plane of existence.....!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

For me it's got to be something like -

Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition

or

Opeth - Watershed

Those were like nothing I had ever heard before, and they both still amaze me for how awesome they are.

My one is named after a time machine from an episode of the original Star Trek, and the final song is named after that episode. The music is just like something created by an alien race on some distant planet and the cover artwork looks spacey too with a star trek uniform, futuristic musical instrument (which actually is used on the album). It's spacey!

http://i.imgur.com/TMFue0D.jpg

• Like 1

Not an album for me, but a player. I think Victor Wooten plays like some other worldly bass-god. :notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fnn7eQYrzw

and the man can groove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaejOZyImA

• Like 1

Here he is with the landing party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrav_MSMjNs

Edit to add: Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller are other worldly too. :notworthy:

Edited by CygnusGal

Oh, no...not at all. Belew just happened to be the first one that popped in my head.

To be honest, the first time I thought a band was otherwordly (in a good way), it was RUSH.....back in the Farewell to Kings-Moving Pictures era. I saw them as super-mystical beings with otherworldly powers of thought, vision...everything they did seemed like a metaphor for something beyond us mortals. I saw then not as beings from another planet, but from another dimension....a higher plane of existence.....!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:dweez: :haz: :guitar: :AlienSmiley: :dweez: :haz: :guitar: :AlienSmiley: :dweez: :haz: :guitar: :AlienSmiley: :dweez: :haz: :guitar: :AlienSmiley: