Worst. Beer. Ever.

CygnusGal

A lot of bashing of the light beers, but on a hot day, after a long day's physical labor, or at the beach or on the golf course, a light beer suits me just fine.

I don't get the bashing of light beers, especially Miller Lite, either. I find Miller Lite to be refreshing. My wife is dieting, and she'll drink Michelob Ultra Light. That isn't too bad either. Certainly isn't as good as Dos XX, but it doesn't taste bad.

I don't drink enough to worry about light... I drink the good stuff :)

Quality over quantity

Well, we're not all rich like you, and can afford expensive beer and drive an Infinity. ;)

It's got nothing to do with being rich. When you drink the good stuff, you don't have to drink a 30-pack to get a buzz.

I usually drink Dos XX, Pilnser Urquel, or Warstiener. You're preaching to the choir. Can't you just let me bust LIX's chops without riding in to the rescue? :moon: :LOL:

I drank this once. I didn't feel right afterwards. I had this urge to put on my wife's panties and watch a Nathan Lane movie.

http://beerandvideogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SchmittsGay.jpg

Hell, I've done that without the magical power of beer.

Well, if we had your legs, we wouldn't need beer either. :)

• Like 1

A lot of bashing of the light beers, but on a hot day, after a long day's physical labor, or at the beach or on the golf course, a light beer suits me just fine.

I don't get the bashing of light beers, especially Miller Lite, either. I find Miller Lite to be refreshing. My wife is dieting, and she'll drink Michelob Ultra Light. That isn't too bad either. Certainly isn't as good as Dos XX, but it doesn't taste bad.

Quality over quantity

Well, we're not all rich like you, and can afford expensive beer and drive an Infinity. ;)

It's got nothing to do with being rich. When you drink the good stuff, you don't have to drink a 30-pack to get a buzz.

:LOL: Yeah, I'm rich because I bought a used Infiniti (no 'y' :) )

I hate the hungover feeling and the cheap beers hurt me more. I would rather have 2-3 good ones, relaxing without the shitty feeling in the morning.

I don't get the bashing of light beers, especially Miller Lite, either. I find Miller Lite to be refreshing. My wife is dieting, and she'll drink Michalob Ultra Light. That isn't too bad either. Certainly isn't as good as Dos XX, but it doesn't taste bad.

ILSnowdog...light beers are bashed because they lack FLAVOR and BODY. I can't believe you went Miller Lite bro!!!

Quality over quantity

I usually drink Dos XX, Pilnser Urquel, or Warstiener. You're preaching to the choir. Can't you just let me bust LIX's chops without riding in to the rescue? :moon: :LOL:

I wasn't riding to the rescue, I was busting your chops too! For all I knew you downed a case Meister Brau every weekend. ;)

Pilnser Urquel, there's a beer that I like but haven't had in a long time...

http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/m/miller_lite-18138.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Vomiting.jpg

Is it that bad..?

It is.

Oh dear... Very weak..?

It's not good - but if you think it's the worst ever, you haven't tried enough beer :LOL:

You know it's bad when I don't even drink it when it's free... any "light" beers, anything from Bud.

Oh dear... Are we talking gnat's p***, cat's p*** or just general bath water..? Just asking so's I can get a feel for it. ( :P )

Quality over quantity

I wasn't riding to the rescue, I was busting your chops too! For all I knew you downed a case Meister Brau every weekend. ;)

Meister Brau? I don't think I've ever been so insulted in all my life! :rage:

I've turned many on to the virtues of Pilsner Urquel. :hail:

• Like 1

I don't get the bashing of light beers, especially Miller Lite, either. I find Miller Lite to be refreshing. My wife is dieting, and she'll drink Michalob Ultra Light. That isn't too bad either. Certainly isn't as good as Dos XX, but it doesn't taste bad.

ILSnowdog...light beers are bashed because they lack FLAVOR and BODY. I can't believe you went Miller Lite bro!!!

I find it refreshing...and occasionally, I find that I'm not always in the mood for a heavy beer. My favorite beer of all is Guinness, but sometimes a Miller Light taste just right. :)

• Like 3

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy51/Hatchetaxe1/stout.jpg

A pint of real stout, Galway, Ireland, last Saturday night.

I can proudly say that I've been to St. James Gate...and loved every second of it!

I visited in 2010. Great tour! :cheers: mmmm...Guinness

Back to the bad beer ...

Quality over quantity

Meister Brau? I don't think I've ever been so insulted in all my life! :rage:

I've turned many on to the virtues of Pilsner Urquel. :hail:

Pilsner Urquel. :notworthy: The finest of the lagers. :cheers:

The beer upon which all American lagers are based.

Yes, Meister Brau was terrible.

I think Corona is dreadful - light or otherwise it always gives me a headache. I'm getting one right now just thinking about it. :eh: Negra Modelo :ebert: is my Mexican beer of choice.

I actually like Miller High Life (very cold) and find it more drinkable than Bud. I don't care for MGD or any of the "cold-brewed" beers.

Was the Brazilian beer a Brahma Chopp? I recall having one of those many years ago and not enjoying it very much.

I tried a sour ale at a pub in Philadelphia a few years ago. I tasted that beer for three days. Not to my taste. Don't try the Belgian sour ale! (and when you do be prepared to taste it for a few days...you've been warned...)

Here's an oldie and badie. Brewed on the shore of Lake Cochituate (gazundtheit)...

http://popsop.com/wp-content/uploads/carling_black_label_range_03.jpg

One spring a few years back, I went up onto an Indian reservation for a fishing trip... I stopped in at a little liquor store, and found a twelve pack of these on special for $11.99:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6550343295_6e5a75ae9a_z.jpg

YEP a twelve pack of 40oz Milwaukee's Best Ice for $11.99. My first reaction, "Too good to be true!", my reaction shortly after drinking it "I've made a huge mistake."

• Like 1

When I was up in Quebec City, I had Old Milwaukee Black. Or at least I tried to, I couldn't get through more than 3 sips. Was like 10% alcohol, absolutely horrid.

just out of curiousity, anyone ever tried polar? its from venezuela. actually really good stuff

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A6tS3ad9gUw/TxmcZaImveI/AAAAAAAAAiE/1IeSbMU7cbw/s1600/polar.jpg

I don't drink anything these days, but I used to pound down a few brewskies every now and then. Funny thing was, I used to drink Coors Light and all my American friends wanted either Moslon Canadian or Labatt Blue!

I heard on our CBC National News yesterday that Canadians are drinking, on average, twice as much alcohol as the world average! No wonder the Trailer Park Boys are so popular!

Most Canucks think American beer is way too weak. No wonder we're a bunch of crazy drunk hosers up here!!

I think Corona is dreadful - light or otherwise it always gives me a headache. I'm getting one right now just thinking about it. :eh: Negra Modelo :ebert: is my Mexican beer of choice.

I actually like Miller High Life (very cold) and find it more drinkable than Bud. I don't care for MGD or any of the "cold-brewed" beers.

Was the Brazilian beer a Brahma Chopp? I recall having one of those many years ago and not enjoying it very much.

I tried a sour ale at a pub in Philadelphia a few years ago. I tasted that beer for three days. Not to my taste. Don't try the Belgian sour ale! (and when you do be prepared to taste it for a few days...you've been warned...)

Here's an oldie and badie. Brewed on the shore of Lake Cochituate (gazundtheit)...

We used to drink that Black Label crap when I was going to Jr. College. The 7/11 never carded my buddy, and we could buy a six pack of that stuff for $1.71. Pounded many a Black Label in between classes. I miss the college days. :LOL:

ETA: From Wiki.... Black Label brand is owned by the Pabst Brewing Company. Though no longer widely distributed in the U.S., Black Label remains the official beer of Beer Frisbee.[4]

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

We used to drink that Black Label crap when I was going to Jr. College. The 7/11 never carded my buddy, and we could buy a six pack of that stuff for $1.71. Pounded many a Black Label in between classes. I miss the college days. :LOL:

ETA: From Wiki.... Black Label brand is owned by the Pabst Brewing Company. Though no longer widely distributed in the U.S., Black Label remains the official beer of Beer Frisbee.[4]

That's too funny, ILS. I guess TM needs to pick up a case or 40. Maybe he can get a sponsorship. :unsure:

all my American friends wanted either Moslon Canadian or Labatt Blue!

I love Labatts Blue.

I always preferred Labatts 50. I used to see it in the States years ago. The Canadian version of most beer is superior to their American counterparts. Coors Light in Canada is stronger than Coors Light in the U.S., I think.

Then there's Oklahoma with it's 3.2% beer - and that's just plain wrong, imo...

all my American friends wanted either Moslon Canadian or Labatt Blue!

I love Labatts Blue.

I always preferred Labatts 50. I used to see it in the States years ago. The Canadian version of most beer is superior to their American counterparts. Coors Light in Canada is stronger than Coors Light in the U.S., I think.

Then there's Oklahoma with it's 3.2% beer - and that's just plain wrong, imo...

3.2%??????????? That's practically a shandy!

The worst beer ever is a skunky Corona.

MGD SUCKS TOO!

Corona is bath water mixed with more bath water.

And worse, lots of people think Corona actually goes well with Mexican food. Get real folks, there is only one beer to drink when your scarfin Mexican food, and that's

http://m.vcst.net/wines/negra-modelo-528918_p.jpg

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

One spring a few years back, I went up onto an Indian reservation for a fishing trip... I stopped in at a little liquor store, and found a twelve pack of these on special for $11.99:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6550343295_6e5a75ae9a_z.jpg

YEP a twelve pack of 40oz Milwaukee's Best Ice for $11.99. My first reaction, "Too good to be true!", my reaction shortly after drinking it "I've made a huge mistake."

A twelve pack of 40s? :notworthy:

MGD SUCKS TOO!

And worse, lots of people think Corona actually goes well with Mexican food. Get real folks, there is only one beer to drink when your scarfin Mexican food, and that's

NM is awesome! But I'm not so harsh on Corona. It's fine on the beach, with plenty of limes. I prefer Pacifico to Corona.

Hey...Tecate out of the old style cans was great. We'd use limes to rub off the rust.

• Like 1

MGD SUCKS TOO!

MGD SUCKS TOO!

If we're talking Mexican beer, Dos XX is the best in my book. Especially the amber.

• Like 2