Black Sabbath and Adam Wakeman

AnalyticalEngine

So I was just browsing Wikipedia (as I often do for several hours in place of being productive) and saw that Black Sabbath is currently in production of a new album entitled "13" which has Adam Wakeman on keyboards. It supposedly will have a tour, but with Tony Iommi's lymphoma who knows what will happen. Anyway I'd be ecstatic to see them live with the original line up (minus the drummer I think), any other Sabbath fans on TRF?

Also why is this the first I'm hearing of this? They seriously need better press, or maybe it's just being overshadowed by Bowie's new album, but thats a whole different topic...

http://en.wikipedia...._Sabbath_album)

Edited by AnalyticalEngine

I'm a huge fan of the Ozzy and Dio eras. They had a pretty big press conference on 11/11/11 to announce the reformation of the original line up, and the friction between the band and Bill Ward (purportedly over the band's request that Ward agree to take less than the others for the album and tour) has been pretty widely reported. Blabbermouth has had a number of recent stories about the album's progress, and they apparently have several songs in the can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLqS7yjyMw

Not sure why this is the first you're hearing about this? The album and tour was originally supposed to happen last year, but with Iommi getting cancer it was pushed back until this year. To say you're late on this news would be an understatement :LOL: The press was pretty huge for the original announcement that happened on 11/11/11.

I know there's a Sabbath thread on here where this was discussed at length. Bill Ward isn't participating in this reunion though since he feels he was being lowballed on the amount of money he was offered to do it. That's fine with me since they can get a younger drummer who can actually play Bill's drum parts live now.